Jump to content
×
×
  • Create New...

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, BooksandTrees said:

I gotta be honest this reminds me of the advice i give people who try to say they need to reach 90 days or 6 months without gaming and have no goals for the days they spend. Very good advice.

I'm happy I could help. I'm not on dating apps for over half a year now, but I know it's a tool to meet new women if the current situation isn't permitting.

3 hours ago, BooksandTrees said:

I think what I'll do is aim at having more fluid conversation on apps, presenting myself in a more appealing way, and going on dates.

If I remember correctly, you landed a few dates before via dating apps, so it's just about getting yourself out there and setting up more meetings. Just remember to be yourself. The rest is just statistics.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Today was decent. I woke up late again and made breakfast, went for a 2 hour walk, made food, watched TV, had therapy, had my online date, and then sculpted in Blender for about 2 hours. So far t

Today I'm 1 year free from video games. 52 weeks. I'm not stopping here. I'm also 54 weeks free from social media. I'm not stopping here either. I wanted to write and reflect on my brief journey

Today I'm 104 weeks or also 2 years on my journey free from gaming. I can't believe it's been this long. I feel like a different person and don't really have the words to describe how much this means

Posted Images

On 11/14/2020 at 10:28 AM, TheNewMe2.0 said:

I lift weights in my garage. It's a little confined but it's gonna work well enough I think. Go lift some weights in your home like me.

So I'm wait listed on buying weights until December since so many people bought them. Brutal.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think I want a relationship. I came to the conclusion that I only want a relationship so someone can notice me but I think it's a subliminal message emanating from my soul begging me to notice myself and explore my passions. 

After buying my drums, doing better at work and exercising, I've started to love myself more. 

I was looking for someone to love me so that I could love myself. 

I won't find a relationship until I've built a real relationship with myself and love myself. 

I hate others because I don't fully love myself. I project this hate onto others. 

Done. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

I had another productive day at work by solving more problems and making progress on other tasks. I'm getting to be in a good spot. 

I had a good therapy session as well and uncovered some anger issues. My drum set comes in 1 week now. I can't wait to play it.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Today I'm 108 weeks free. I am very tired today. I haven't slept well all week and I honestly slept off and on for about 11 hours today. I'm just gonna do some self care stuff this weekend and just relax and get in a better mood. I was thinking of doing a couple hours of 3d modeling or writing today. Not a lot, just 1-3 hours tops. I feel like I was so burnt out by the end of the week that I ate so poorly. I had ice cream for lunch yesterday. I think it's just my body craving good things. The interesting thing is I wasn't watching a ton of porn or anything this week. I think I was just zoning out and had a major lack of focus.

I'm going to meal prep today to avoid anymore stupid food decisions and just relax.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey BooksandTrees, hope you feel more energized tomorrow! This week has been a lot for me too. About relationships: even though you want to remain single for some time, I encourage you to think about this: Sometimes, you learn how to love yourself by learning how to love others. I don't necessarily mean a romantic relationship- any relationship can help you improve yourself (and the other people within the relationship) with enough passion and commitment.

I thought about relationships that way too, but that caused me to forget how to love others. I learned to treat myself better by treating the people around me better. 

But, this is just my experience. I do encourage you to continue challenging your own perspective/thoughts on relationship management.

Cheers,

Po

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Good to hear you're still staying strong after so long - I'm impressed at the sheer length of this journal haha. Fun fact, you started it on my birthday 😄

Sounds like you had a productive week, it's only natural that your weekends will be more relaxed. Often times giving ourselves some mental space is the most productive thing we can do.

+1 for self-love, too. I remember reading your journal in the past, it was always a sticking point and I love seeing the shift in energy from now since then. Such a genuinely inspirational journey. The diary should be mandatory reading haha.

Keep it up. Can't wait to hear you bash out some killer solos when the drum kit arrives!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Pochatok said:

Hey BooksandTrees, hope you feel more energized tomorrow! This week has been a lot for me too. About relationships: even though you want to remain single for some time, I encourage you to think about this: Sometimes, you learn how to love yourself by learning how to love others. I don't necessarily mean a romantic relationship- any relationship can help you improve yourself (and the other people within the relationship) with enough passion and commitment.

I thought about relationships that way too, but that caused me to forget how to love others. I learned to treat myself better by treating the people around me better. 

But, this is just my experience. I do encourage you to continue challenging your own perspective/thoughts on relationship management.

Cheers,

Po

Thanks. I woke up super early today without an alarm so maybe that's a sign lol. 

Yeah,  I hear you on dating. I just think it's too dangerous in America since we're passing 12 million cases of covid19. I'd like to try and wait a little longer. I had some friends and family acquire it through dating and that got me paranoid. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, James Good said:

Good to hear you're still staying strong after so long - I'm impressed at the sheer length of this journal haha. Fun fact, you started it on my birthday 😄

Sounds like you had a productive week, it's only natural that your weekends will be more relaxed. Often times giving ourselves some mental space is the most productive thing we can do.

+1 for self-love, too. I remember reading your journal in the past, it was always a sticking point and I love seeing the shift in energy from now since then. Such a genuinely inspirational journey. The diary should be mandatory reading haha.

Keep it up. Can't wait to hear you bash out some killer solos when the drum kit arrives!

Thanks and welcome back. I don't think anyone would enjoy reading my diary in its entirety lol. I ramble on a lot. I think I have to credit my shift to antidepressants to be honest. I'm not ruminating on bad things anymore. Also helps I enjoy where I live for the most part now. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, BooksandTrees said:

Thanks. I woke up super early today without an alarm so maybe that's a sign lol. 

Yeah,  I hear you on dating. I just think it's too dangerous in America since we're passing 12 million cases of covid19. I'd like to try and wait a little longer. I had some friends and family acquire it through dating and that got me paranoid. 

Oh hey, totally agree with that, COVID is no fun no matter how well or poorly you take it. Stay safe and stay well 🙂

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Today I'm 109 weeks free from games. I'm still struggling with sleep but I decided to take a few steps. I joined an authentic dating service that avoids trendy dating app methods. I feel more comfortable here and already matched with some more attractive women than on the other apps. I'll remain patient and hopeful this time.

I ordered exercise equipment finally. That comes in the mail in 2-3 weeks. My drums should arrive soon as well. I'm excited for these hobbies to finally take form. I've been a little bored and my mind has been drifting a bit with bingeing shows etc. I think the physical hobbies will be good for me. I'm also hoping it helps me fall asleep and build more confidence overall.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

The moon is tremendously bright tonight. It's lightning up the sky like it's daylight. It's calming and promotes clairvoyance in my mind. 

I've become so consumed by masturbation that it's really bothering me. I have all of these creative ideas in my head for hobbies and stuff. The drums and workout equipment are coming and I frankly can't wait. 

I'm just so frustrated by my obsession with sex. I want to have sex so badly. It's been over 10 years. I'm sexually deprived in so many invisible ways. I'm embarrassed and afraid that I'll meet a woman who will be put off by my lack of expertise. It's my one true insecurity. 

How can I be so confident in almost every aspect of my life yet feel so afraid sexually. It's because I was abused as a teenager and although I've made great progress I just need to get it over with so I can stop worrying. 

I've matched with some very beautiful and kind women on my dating app so far and I'm just going to keep a positive attitude. 

I'm just so tired of porn and masturbation. They consume my thoughts. I have no creative thoughts. I just want to watch porn, sleep, eat, relax. It's so degrading to me. 

What I need is love. I honestly think love will help me. I won't force it though. I just think love and stability is something I desperately need because I struggle when alone. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, BooksandTrees said:

Today I'm 109 weeks free from games.

This far along and still keeping a daily journal like a boss.

14 minutes ago, BooksandTrees said:

What I need is love. I honestly think love will help me. I won't force it though. I just think love and stability is something I desperately need because I struggle when alone. 

I hope you can find what you're looking for in love.

Also: "In solitude one is not alone; one is present with oneself."

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BooksandTrees said:

I'm just so frustrated by my obsession with sex. I want to have sex so badly. It's been over 10 years. I'm sexually deprived in so many invisible ways. I'm embarrassed and afraid that I'll meet a woman who will be put off by my lack of expertise. It's my one true insecurity. 

How can I be so confident in almost every aspect of my life yet feel so afraid sexually. It's because I was abused as a teenager and although I've made great progress I just need to get it over with so I can stop worrying. 

I've matched with some very beautiful and kind women on my dating app so far and I'm just going to keep a positive attitude. 

I'm just so tired of porn and masturbation. They consume my thoughts. I have no creative thoughts. I just want to watch porn, sleep, eat, relax. It's so degrading to me. 

What I need is love. I honestly think love will help me. I won't force it though. I just think love and stability is something I desperately need because I struggle when alone. 

Regarding lack of expertise, you can have a witty remark to that comment: "Great, so now I have you to give me a hand!"

I'm not on dating apps and I do not watch porn, but I think both inflate the expectations when it comes to looks. Nobody is going to deliberately put on a bad photo up or employ a hideous actress.

Regardless, If you're able to target your sexual interest, then I believe it is better to target it at the women on the dating app, because there is a chance you might actually date them and have sex with them. You are on a dating app, because you want to specifically show sexual interest anyhow. I target my sexual desire on women I meet and talk to; they might not all be intimidatingly beautiful (and I thank heavens for that), but they are real and I can recognize if they have a heart and can treat me nicely which is vital for any relationship.

I usually have a couple of creative ideas when it comes to going out for a date. I randomly come up with something specific for that girl if I feel there could be some shared future with the girl. I currently have a mixed sexually rewarding/evaluative game in my mind. Once I come up with a cool activity/idea, all I have to do is ask.

I've recently noticed women asking me indirectly for a touch by saying "I am glad you are here (with me) (tonight)." I think acting in any other way than touching signifies "But I am not./I don't care."

I struggle with masturbation as well, but I do not think the solution lies completely in sharing that sexual energy with someone else, though I think it might help. In the end, my sexuality is my problem. The girl might be gone the next morning.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Ikar said:

Regarding lack of expertise, you can have a witty remark to that comment: "Great, so now I have you to give me a hand!"

I'm not on dating apps and I do not watch porn, but I think both inflate the expectations when it comes to looks. Nobody is going to deliberately put on a bad photo up or employ a hideous actress.

Regardless, If you're able to target your sexual interest, then I believe it is better to target it at the women on the dating app, because there is a chance you might actually date them and have sex with them. You are on a dating app, because you want to specifically show sexual interest anyhow. I target my sexual desire on women I meet and talk to; they might not all be intimidatingly beautiful (and I thank heavens for that), but they are real and I can recognize if they have a heart and can treat me nicely which is vital for any relationship.

I usually have a couple of creative ideas when it comes to going out for a date. I randomly come up with something specific for that girl if I feel there could be some shared future with the girl. I currently have a mixed sexually rewarding/evaluative game in my mind. Once I come up with a cool activity/idea, all I have to do is ask.

I've recently noticed women asking me indirectly for a touch by saying "I am glad you are here (with me) (tonight)." I think acting in any other way than touching signifies "But I am not./I don't care."

I struggle with masturbation as well, but I do not think the solution lies completely in sharing that sexual energy with someone else, though I think it might help. In the end, my sexuality is my problem. The girl might be gone the next morning.

That's true. I just would like to have some patience and be able to say no to porn and just be hopeful for dates etc. I still think the masturbation is just such a plethora of reasons to it. It's loneliness, sexual desire, tiredness, frustration, anxiety, etc. I think dealing with loneliness will help but also being physically active again will help with some pent up energy dissipation. 

I notice the touch too. If I get a girlfriend I won't be over the top about it, but I will keep a hand on them in private moments and emphasize my emotional connection with them to let them know. I think that's romantic. 

Edited by BooksandTrees
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm having a tremendous amount of anxiety tonight and I really want to spend time masturbating to relieve it. 

I'm not though. I'm trying to understand why I'm anxious. I don't want to ruin my sleep so I'm worried every minute going by is bad. I worry about doing my project tomorrow. I also worry about things not going well with the women I've connected with on my dating site. 

I got one phone number already and close to a second. I feel very positive about these women. They're both my type yet very unique and intelligent. I'm extremely attracted to one of them. I just don't want to blow it. I've never had success with women besides the crazy ones and I'm just so insecure. I try to erase those feelings from my mind when I talk to them and it's working. 

I just want to be that desirable man to them and prove to myself I can find love and that I can meet a beautiful woman and don't have to settle. 

I need to remain calm. If I got this far already I'm logically doing well and can continue. Calm down. I've done everything right so far and learned from previous mistakes. This is mor proof that if I mess up I'll learn from it.

I don't need to masturbate tonight. I can go a whole day without it. I am strong. I am worth it. I love myself and I'm proud of myself. I thank God for the opportunity to even interact with these women and I will continue to seize opportunities I'm given instead of sulking and beating myself up. I'm very fortunate to be talking to such beautiful women this time around and I'm ready to keep going. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.