NEW VIDEO: I Quit MMOs and THIS Happened

Dear Diary...

BooksandTrees

On 2/18/2022 at 5:13 PM, NesteaDrinker said:

Hey,

Do you post your art anywhere? I'd love to see it.

I have some stuff I made in blender posted on YouTube but none of my new art is anywhere yet lol. I was waiting to post it on there when the cartoon is finished. It's not amazing at all lol. Just silly looking cartoons. 

• Like 1

On 2/20/2022 at 10:09 PM, championeal said:

You have no idea how reassuring it is to come back and see you still on here posting. Much love. Appreciate you being here

Glad to see you here again, too! And yes, BooksAndTrees' diary is incredibly powerful and reassuring in the best ways possible. Keeps me coming to GQ.

• Like 1

On 2/20/2022 at 11:09 PM, championeal said:

You have no idea how reassuring it is to come back and see you still on here posting. Much love. Appreciate you being here

Welcome back! How are you doing? That's really kind of you to say. I know my posts aren't as long as they used to be but I figure I keep trying. I enjoy the community and talking with you all.

On 2/21/2022 at 9:57 AM, Pochatok said:

Glad to see you here again, too! And yes, BooksAndTrees' diary is incredibly powerful and reassuring in the best ways possible. Keeps me coming to GQ.

I'm really glad I can have that kind of influence. That is awesome. 

• Like 3

I haven't really been motivated to work the past 2 days. I'm a little tired overall. I think it's because my projects keep switching up since they've been particularly quick. It's tough to get emotionally invested in those at times. Other times I get invested in a project and then it gets put on hold for months. I like consistency. I also understand it's part of life. Just sometimes it gets a little dull. 

I want to be more productive today because I wasn't yesterday. I'm gonna try. I don't need to go balls to the wall today. Just gotta do better than yesterday is all. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, thanks for the comments. I have been super busy with work and trying to socialize with friends a little more now that covid is going down a bit. 

I'm doing well. I finished rigging all my characters and they look awesome. I haven't started background art yet because I gotta learn how to do them properly again. It takes a while to get used to something and then I feel comfortable. 

Work is going very well. They gave me my midyear review and said I was doing an outstanding job. I'm really happy about work now. I was overthinking the last post I made. 

I've lost a few pounds and now I'm starting to get back into hobbies as the weather gets better. 

• Like 5

Today I'll be doing some background art. I've decided not to share my current cartoon art to remain anonymous. I apologize for those curious to see it. 

Something I realized is I'm not very flexible anymore. If I sit against a eashl and try to straighten my legs to stretch my hamstrings, they don't even go straight. This means my posture is bad when I stand too. So I'm gonna be stretching 2 to 3 times a day for a while and probably the rest of my life. It helps me relax as well. 

Work went extremely well and I'm seeing my therapist every 3 weeks now instead of twice a week or once s week like I had been. I've made incredible improvements and am so grateful to everyone who has supported me. 

• Like 4

On 3/20/2022 at 10:01 AM, Marius said:

You can also try fascia rolls and stretch for longer periods (30s+).

Sounds really well how life is progressing for you. Keep up the good work! 

Thank you! I did one of those stretches and actually did about 15 minutes of stretching. I'm also doing things to fix my posture at my computer desk while i work. I tied a belt around my thighs because i kept crossing my legs lol. It was because my hip flexors are tight etc.

Lot of great news there thanks for sharing Books! If physically able and with good form, practicing calisthenics can help with good posture. Would also be doing stretches before and after workouts so perhaps would be enough to help with the flexibility staying limber though of course Yoga stretching is all about that too. Old pro wrestlers seem to do much better with a yoga routine too just to highlight its effectiveness.

• Like 1

On 3/21/2022 at 12:39 AM, Mohammad said:

Hi @BooksandTrees

I just came back and happy to see that you still writing here 🙂

I always admire you. I look at your posts and tell myself that if you did, I should be able to do it too no matter how hard or impossible it sounds.

Thanks for being an exemplar for me.

Welcome back. I hope you're doing well. That is nice of you to say. 

• 3 weeks later...

I've been seeing a lot of friends recently. With covid clearing up a bit, I've been seeing about 3 friends or family members a week. It's pretty exhausting to be honest. I forgot how many people I used to interact with on a regular basis before covid and after quitting video games. 

I haven't wanted to post on here in a while just because I feel like I recap the past few weeks or months with all of my friends each week. So I just want to relax after. 

I've been doing so much socializing that my hobbies haven't gained too much progress other than a podcast being made with one friend. After this weekend I'm gonna reduce it to one hangout every other week. I need a little balance. 

I hope you're all doing well. I've decided to exercise at lunch every day because I don't like morning or night exercise. I'm too focused on work or tired after work lol.

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

Things are going well. It feels like life is going very fast with planning for the future, work, etc.

Therapy is going well and I'm still doing this on a regular basis. I've been less and less interested in writing on here recently. I mentioned before how it can be difficult to write on here once you are here for a certain amount of time because you see so many people come and go that it almost feels like you're writing a personal diary. I just haven't felt like writing in my diary recently since I've been tired. I'm not suffering from depression though. I've actually been very happy recently.

I also feel like I discuss my issues with so many people now. I speak with my fiancee, my therapist, family, friends, etc that by the time I'm done with that I don't want to summarize it again on here. That's a good problem to have. I feel like I've got a tremendous network now and I'm addressing all of my issues as they come with a very logical state of mind. At the end of the day I'm just naturally tired and ready for bed.

Hope you're all doing well.

• Like 4