NEW VIDEO: Your Brain on Social Media

Dear Diary...

BooksandTrees

I'm glad to hear that things are going well for you and that you are finding joy not only in your hobbies but also in you work, hope it continues and congratulations on the way you have been handling your life.

• Like 1

I made a lot of progress at work today and spent a lot of rejuvenating time with my wife and family the past few nights after work. It's nice. I've just felt tired and wanted some cozy time. 

I started reading a new book yesterday and hated it after 50 pages so I stopped. I found a new one that I'll try this weekend. 

My garden is coming along nicely with a good mix of fruits and vegetables. I'm seeing friends tomorrow and excited for that. And I might try to write tonight. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, BooksandTrees said:

I started reading a new book yesterday and hated it after 50 pages so I stopped. I found a new one that I'll try this weekend. 

I feel you. It's a bore to read a book that is not interesting. I haven't read seriously for about two months, just because the book I borrowed isn't all that entertaining. I need to pick up a new one from the library.

• Like 2

I found a new book to read and my back is almost healed. So I'll be exercising again. 

I noticed I struggle a decent amount at work when I hit a stopping point and need an urgent answer. That's when my cravings become strongest. 

It makes sense because I need instant relief from something I'm struggling with. I think I can do a better job of finding something to do around the house. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Amphibian220 said:

Matt, if we’d have a part in an election campaign, what sort of slogan would you come up with?

I thought of “smartphone - dumb person. Smart person- dumb phone”

Labels people who use phones in a bad light so I can't do that lol.

I don't like slogans because everyone and everything is different. Sorry lol.

I'm not putting enough effort into preventing my snack cravings. I'm eating when I'm not hungry and I'm gaining weight. I want to pause and train myself to not eat out of boredom or stress. I think the first few days will be hardest but I know if I train myself to listen to music or move around or draw etc when I'm stressed I can succeed. Meditation too.

• Like 3