Icandothis journal

Hello,

It has been so long since I have been here.

Life has been very confusing. Integrating myself back into my “normal” daily activities has been a challenge. I am emerging into a world that has been extremely impacted by the pandemic; and where I live in PNW, everything is very locked down. 

Just one breath at a time. 

We have moved to a new home, a block away. It’s bigger... which my girls really love. But it is still next to a forested area. I again, broke down into tears leaving my old apartment... but then a beautiful rainbow appeared. Picture below. 🥰

Still going to acupuncture. My hands and feet are numb from chemo... this could take a year to resolve. 

Starting back into my yoga practice! Also practicing daily body scans. 

Also, I have removed sugar from my diet. All sugars, honey, maple syrup, agave. I really really struggled with this... but now... over a month out I am feeling really really healthy. I have replace all the sugars with spices, turmeric/black pepper/cinnamon and a ton of herbs, basil/thyme/rosemary. So delicious. 

I miss my very very long hair. I had to cut off 14 inches... and have realized just how attached I was.  

My resolution for this year is community. Feeling very isolated, and have started to fall into some not so good patterns. At the same time, I feel more than enough.  Full of love, life and light. Feeling so so so many things right now. 

I have missed this forum and hope to be posting more regularly. 

Edit: I can't find my rainbow picture. Will post soon.  Sending joy friends!

• Like 5
  • Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi-   Well awesome. The corona virus is at the schools here. It’s big and scary... and puts everything to the test.    Also, I have been meaning to write this... so now is as good a t

Hi All-  So some updates for anyone following along. My diagnosis is Stage 2/3 Colon Cancer. This has a 5 year survival rate of 75%. I am so grateful it has not spread.      I have created

When it seems as if the dark cold despair has overwhelmed all hope Let me remember  Faith is the bird that feels the light and sings when it is still dark   Today: Chemo treatment

Posted Images

I'm so glad to see you posting here. I also had a hiatus from the forum. 

It's wonderful to hear the good news regarding your health. 🙂

13 hours ago, Icandothis said:

I miss my very very long hair. I had to cut off 14 inches... and have realized just how attached I was.

It will grow! I'm also growing my hair slowly, hadn't had a haircut in... 4 months? 🙂 It's still pretty short tho, haha

• Like 2
2 hours ago, gargamel said:

I'm so glad to see you posting here. I also had a hiatus from the forum. 

It's wonderful to hear the good news regarding your health. 🙂

It will grow! I'm also growing my hair slowly, hadn't had a haircut in... 4 months? 🙂 It's still pretty short tho, haha

Ahh that’s right.. we’re going to grow our hair together!

Glad to see you here. I haven’t caught up on your journal but I hope you are meeting your goals!

Have a beautiful day!

• Like 2

The opposite of addiction is not sobriety; it’s human connection.

I love this quote because it is a beautiful reminder about how we are too live in community, to love each other, to need one another. 

I went to acupuncture today... and my practitioner is so wonderful. He always reminds me what a beautiful soul I am, how I have overcome so much, how it’s ok to be sad. And I have cried so many tears. So so many tears. He says I always look so happy and positive. I gently tell him how hard I grieve. 

Its really important to share not only the love, but the vast amounts of heartbreak I have been through. 

Another quote, “ When after heavy rain the storm clouds disperse; is it not they’ve wept themselves clear to the end.”

Sending all my love today friends. 

• Like 3

That first quote is beautiful, i love it so much. Although physically we may be seperated because of COVID, we are still connected in other ways. 

2 hours ago, Icandothis said:

I went to acupuncture today... and my practitioner is so wonderful. He always reminds me what a beautiful soul I am, how I have overcome so much, how it’s ok to be sad

I am glad your practitioner is like this, what an amazing human he seems like!

I hope you are doing well and i wish you my best 

Jason

• Like 2

Here is a picture of the rainbow over my home that I mentioned.  

It’s reminders like this.... we are never alone. 

Starting a 24 hour fast today.  I don’t really know anything about fasting... except to not eat. Planning on doing 1 24 hour fast a week. Instead of eating... I will be praying/meditating. Hoping to get clarity and peace regarding next steps. 

Have a beautiful day friends!

2E825340-CDC2-4AA2-B476-DBE2853AAB78.jpeg

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Icandothis said:

Starting a 24 hour fast today.  I don’t really know anything about fasting... except to not eat. Planning on doing 1 24 hour fast a week. Instead of eating... I will be praying/meditating. Hoping to get clarity and peace regarding next steps. 

I fasted once for a day back in January. I got up late from my bed and realized I hadn't eaten for over 12 hours already, so I rolled with it. The "worst" thing about it was that I found I had no way to relax and that I felt I needed to do something all the time! So I slept for the last hour or two of the fast. The food was tastier afterwards 😄

Good luck!

• Like 1

Hi! Welcome back. I'm so happy to see you and I was worried you were not well again. Thanks for the kind words. I'm glad you moved and I hope this works out. Looking forward to more of your updates. I agree with human connection being a major proponent in quitting games. Having society is very important.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...