NEW VIDEO: Has gaming disorder been cancelled!?

Ikar

Ikar's Diary

6 hours ago, Ikar said:

Day 338:

I spent most of my day researching into Forex and dating apps/sites. I went for a walk. I also had a workout with 50 pushups, 50 squats and 50 sit-ups. I got fed up, because my back started to hurt, as I have to spend more time sitting. I'm happy I have something to keep my mind busy.

What is Forex? Are you nervous about dating with the virus going around?

2 hours ago, BooksandTrees said:

What is Forex?

From what I was currently able to gather, it is about trading currencies online. I figured I might start learning something new, given this quarantine will be in effect for at least another month.

2 hours ago, BooksandTrees said:

Are you nervous about dating with the virus going around?

Not really, it would actually be kind of cool to go on a date in a ghost town 😄

• Like 2

Day 339:

I read the book, took a walk, had a short workout, worked with my team-leader on Forex and saw a webinar on social media in the evening.

I have to say that yesterday and today, I was full of energy. It could be just that I found meaningful stuff to replace the meaningful stuff I would normally do.

• Like 1

Day 340:

I wrote here, did research into Forex, worked out, took a walk, did Duolingo, read and went to play a board game and have a couple of beers with a few others. I did my homework for the next morning, so I would get up fine.

Day 341:

I got up later than usual, but I got up at a reasonable hour. I took a walk, did a bit of meditation, worked out, read, worked on my blog and did a bit of Forex. I do feel a bit tired now, but I had a lot of heat the past three days.

---

As @James Good pointed out in his VLOG, I also have a hard time working out in my room, but I worked out the past four days regardless, even if all those workouts are shorter than my normal ones at a gym. It works out fine for me to return warmed up from a walk and then work out shortly after. Survive and adapt.

• Like 2

On 3/24/2020 at 9:04 AM, Ikar said:

From what I was currently able to gather, it is about trading currencies online. I figured I might start learning something new, given this quarantine will be in effect for at least another month.

Not really, it would actually be kind of cool to go on a date in a ghost town 😄

Some romanticism there. You can re-enact those hollywood fantasy films where you meet the (potential) love of your life in a deserted town.

What you said earlier is spot on. I prefer to go into mini-relapses (watching films without any serious daily plan) because It makes me think that I will do better long term, BUT if this sort of mini-relapse thing is from not solving a pressing issue, it becomes systemic. So it is better just to anticipate and solve issues sooner rather than later. 

Regarding working out, I always work out at home and find it a fun activity. But I do agree with you that when you a enter a group there is a lot more peer pressure and desire to perform

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Amphibian220 said:

Some romanticism there. You can re-enact those hollywood fantasy films where you meet the (potential) love of your life in a deserted town.

What you said earlier is spot on. I prefer to go into mini-relapses (watching films without any serious daily plan) because It makes me think that I will do better long term, BUT if this sort of mini-relapse thing is from not solving a pressing issue, it becomes systemic. So it is better just to anticipate and solve issues sooner rather than later. 

Regarding working out, I always work out at home and find it a fun activity. But I do agree with you that when you a enter a group there is a lot more peer pressure and desire to perform

These days I watch about three episodes of The Expanse a day which is two hours, but I also generally eat during that time. I'm quite happy about my general routine of getting up early (6:30), eating, writing here, Duolingo, perhaps reading a book, overall doing something easy and manageable. At around 10 I can mobilize and get out for a walk/workout and start taking on serious business after noon. I feel I wouldn't be motivated to even get out of bed, if I put in the biggest and most important (most difficult) task of the day right in my face after having breakfast.

I found out that I am completely fine working out on my own, my daily rhythm is actually based around it at this point, so if somebody wanted to join me, they would need to be OK with my time-frame of going there before lunch. I think most of the times, I am in the dormitory gym alone.

• Like 1

Day 342:

I did a bit of Forex, read, did Duolingo and then cycled to my friend who lives some 15 kilometers away. We mostly chilled, talked to each other and took a walk in the forest. I was a bit peeved, because he spent a lot of time on his phone chatting with his girlfriend, but he noticed that and he told me that I have a bad luck of coming to visit him when he's having more a intense period (pun intended) with her. He seems to be stalwart and knowing what he's doing though. We agreed that there needs to be a degree of discipline in relationships that needs to be upheld. I think things would've gone very differently for me if I knew that two years ago.

Day 343:

I slept over at my friend's. Afterwards, he drove me to pick up my car from the paint shop. It definitely looks better now. I then helped my dad to bring a new TV to my parents' house. Afterwards, I drove to pick up my business cards, banners and then drove to my parents' to visit them after two weeks. It was nice to see them again. I also managed to sell my old bike today. I got home in the evening, had a webinar about geographic information systems and I just chilled for the rest of the day.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Ikar said:

Day 342:

I did a bit of Forex, read, did Duolingo and then cycled to my friend who lives some 15 kilometers away. We mostly chilled, talked to each other and took a walk in the forest. I was a bit peeved, because he spent a lot of time on his phone chatting with his girlfriend, but he noticed that and he told me that I have a bad luck of coming to visit him when he's having more a intense period (pun intended) with her. He seems to be stalwart and knowing what he's doing though. We agreed that there needs to be a degree of discipline in relationships that needs to be upheld. I think things would've gone very differently for me if I knew that two years ago.

Day 343:

I slept over at my friend's. Afterwards, he drove me to pick up my car from the paint shop. It definitely looks better now. I then helped my dad to bring a new TV to my parents' house. Afterwards, I drove to pick up my business cards, banners and then drove to my parents' to visit them after two weeks. It was nice to see them again. I also managed to sell my old bike today. I got home in the evening, had a webinar about geographic information systems and I just chilled for the rest of the day.

It's strange reading about you talking to people when I haven't talked to someone in person in about 3 weeks lol. Sounds productive though. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, BooksandTrees said:

It's strange reading about you talking to people when I haven't talked to someone in person in about 3 weeks lol. Sounds productive though. 

It depends on each person's individual risk management and circumstances. Getting out there for those two days was both objectively useful and subjectively fun. I obey the law as it is currently in effect (i.e. I do not throw underground parties), so I meet with smaller groups of people and less often than before. One thing I keep in mind is that most of us are probably going to get it, even if in a way that our immune system handles it no problem. We're going to be fine 🙂

Edited by Ikar
  • Like 2

Day 344:

Maintenance day. I did Duolingo, finished "The Red and the Black", cooked a chicken, went for a walk, set up whatever few events for the next week, washed the dishes, cleaned my room, exercised and did the laundry. "The Red and the Black" is an interesting and instructive book. There's ambition, love and psychological warfare.

• Like 2

Lol I'm with Books, it's been so long since I've seen another human being that I've actually wanted to talk to. Tried chatting with a friend from the other side of the country on Discord but it just felt weird. I've never been the kind of person to talk on the phone, either. I need a face. I wouldn't be talking to people without the social distancing either, though, so it's really not very different. Lol.

• Like 2

Day 345:

I visited my grandma and my brother after not seeing them for two weeks. It was good to see both of them again. I had a good chat with my grandma and my brother proofread my website and I considered some of his suggestions. I had a light workout (50 pushups and 50 situps) and I attended a uni webinar.

• Like 3

Day 346:

I did Duolingo, got the laundry from my clotheshorse, did some light editing of my website, watched one video about mindset and one about Forex basics, wrote here, took a walk, exercised, put my banner onto the bars of my dorm window and did some chatting on IG/dating apps.

I think I get a lot of work done these days, even though I sometimes fall into states of mindless autopilot and catch myself doing something inefficiently later on. I woke up a few times at night the past days too, but I am happy I get my daily tasks done. Work hard and play hard.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Ikar said:

Day 346:

I did Duolingo, got the laundry from my clotheshorse, did some light editing of my website, watched one video about mindset and one about Forex basics, wrote here, took a walk, exercised, put my banner onto the bars of my dorm window and did some chatting on IG/dating apps.

I think I get a lot of work done these days, even though I sometimes fall into states of mindless autopilot and catch myself doing something inefficiently later on. I woke up a few times at night the past days too, but I am happy I get my daily tasks done. Work hard and play hard.

Nice to see you're being productive. Hopefully it continues. Are you doing another monthly summary? I liked your idea so I focused a summary of mine for the month of March.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BooksandTrees said:

Nice to see you're being productive. Hopefully it continues. Are you doing another monthly summary? I liked your idea so I focused a summary of mine for the month of March.

I'm gonna get it done in a few days.

Day 347:

I got up normally and got a few minor things done, but then I decided to take a nap for a few hours. I took a walk then and did the groceries after a few days, so I am stocked. After that, I  chatted with people on the Internet and did some trades on my Forex demo account. I started reading a Czech book that could translate as "Tactics and Strategies in Love". I enjoy it quite a bit so far. I had a light workout in the evening and went to play chess and chat.

• Like 2

I like the idea of a monthly summary too. You could save them in a pages/word doc and compare each month to each other. It would be a sweet little summary of your progress on here.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Erik2.0 said:

I like the idea of a monthly summary too. You could save them in a pages/word doc and compare each month to each other. It would be a sweet little summary of your progress on here.

I made backups of my diary on my desktop. I also already compare the months to each other 🙂

• Like 4

Day 348:

I worked out, read, took a walk, did Duolingo and visited my friend. I helped him sort out some stuff in his flat and I took some of it he no longer needed.

Day 349:

We finished the cleaning process, I cycled back and played desktops in the evening.

---

Since I had a few sleepovers in the past week, it made me realize that it's important to cultivate the ability to be "alone" together, even if the person is visible to you literally the whole day. I think it's a successful cornerstone of any long-term relationship where people share their quarters.

• Like 3