NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Vera

I'm curious as well, @BooksandTrees. I don't feel like it heals very well, so maybe CT scan would be a good thing, it'll show the exact reason.

I cooked very delicious potatoes yesterday and I really loved it. Since there's enough food for today I'll cook something tomorrow. To be honest, it's a rewarding activity if I do it alone and nobody tries to correct me. It makes me want to try new recipes. And if I'm in charge of meal prep, I can help my mom lose weight. She'll be grateful. 

• Like 1

Cooking and food prep can be a very rewarding, healthy, nourishing, and fun hobby! Be wary of doing it for others because they can and will shoot down your pride & enjoyment - not saying your mom will but my close and extended family try to every chance so they do not get my food :6_smile:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, goodvibes said:

Cooking and food prep can be a very rewarding, healthy, nourishing, and fun hobby! Be wary of doing it for others because they can and will shoot down your pride & enjoyment - not saying your mom will but my close and extended family try to every chance so they do not get my food :6_smile:

This happened with my mom getting angry at my food choices when I tried cooking healthy meals

18 hours ago, BooksandTrees said:

This happened with my mom getting angry at my food choices when I tried cooking healthy meals

Haha, that's my mom too. She's obsessed with cakes atm and it's stretching my self-control to have so much sweet stuff around the house. :(

• Like 2

My vacation is going okay. Dentist said my tooth should be healing well from now on, CT scan showed nothing weird, so I can relax.

I got 7 new fishes, they're called White Cloud mountain minnow, they're living with 4 tiny Endlers, and they're beautiful, golden body and red fins. I had a very sad experience with galaxy rasboras, all 10 died eventually, but these guys are very similar (twice as big though). I bought only 3 at first but decided I want more. My little tank became very lively and fun to watch, there's something happening all the time: Endlers displaying to each other (no females so boys are having fun by themselves), shrimps crawling back and forth, minnows usually chilling above the moss pile or catching their prey on the surface. 

• Like 3

Hi! 

Thank you for sharing your journey. I read through a couple pages when I first started, it was great inspiration. 

Your aquarium sounds very beautiful. It must be so fun just watching the fish and how they interact with each other. And the colors sound stunning. 

Have a beautiful day my friend. ?

On 11/18/2019 at 11:15 AM, Vera said:

She's obsessed with cakes atm and it's stretching my self-control to have so much sweet stuff around the house. :(

Detox of added sugars can fight those cravings big time speaking from experience don't give up hope :) Doesn't mean nothing sweet because plenty of sugary & delicious carbs (think of all manner of fast fruit smoothies can make with the small bullet blenders!) Anyhow I just wanted to share just by avoiding processed/ added sugar the taste buds adapt finding pleasure in simple things again and cravings disappear. Like syrups added as sweetener are even too much for me now I just can't! If you would like good simple smoothie recipes let me know:1332_v_tone3:

I'm honestly bored. Sooo bored! 

Didn't get a good sleep tonight and really nothing makes me happy. I have no desire to work so haven't touched anything tonight. Went for a walk, it's been cold and windy. 

I tried massage, and it hurts like hell. Everyone says to me it should get better after some time (10 times, I've only went through 4) but I'm in so much pain I can't enjoy it. I'm just waiting for it to end, barely making it through 20 minutes. It makes me sad because it's supposed to be an enjoyable, relaxing experience... not for me. ?

• Like 1

Painful massage yes been there :) Some massages supposed to be painful working out knots in muscles (deep tissue) and there are other types that are made to be relaxing (Swedish). Those are the two most practiced where I have been though I am sure there to be many more to be found. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, goodvibes said:

Painful massage yes been there ?Some massages supposed to be painful working out knots in muscles (deep tissue) and there are other types that are made to be relaxing (Swedish). Those are the two most practiced where I have been though I am sure there to be many more to be found. 

So it's okay and I'm not falling apart ? Good, thank you!

Been busy watching fishes. Caught myself that I want too much too soon, they barely started taking food and coming out of their hiding place. They're truly gorgeous though. This fish is overlooked by the community in favor of other species, which is understandable but sad. I can't decide if the fish with dark spot on its back is male or female, I'm very curious about that. I believe I'll be able to offer them much bigger tank when summer comes. 

I read about nootropics. Didn't think about taking any supplements other than vitamins, but I couldn't seem to make myself do anything productive, and it's partly because I didn't feel like my brain is even working. I chose simple amino-acid which is cheap and can be found anywhere. Tbh I can feel the effect. It's 9pm, brain fog disappeared, I feel bit sleepy, but I know I can work for an hour  if I choose so. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Vera said:

So it's okay and I'm not falling apart ? Good, thank you!

Been busy watching fishes. Caught myself that I want too much too soon, they barely started taking food and coming out of their hiding place. They're truly gorgeous though. This fish is overlooked by the community in favor of other species, which is understandable but sad. I can't decide if the fish with dark spot on its back is male or female, I'm very curious about that. I believe I'll be able to offer them much bigger tank when summer comes. 

I read about nootropics. Didn't think about taking any supplements other than vitamins, but I couldn't seem to make myself do anything productive, and it's partly because I didn't feel like my brain is even working. I chose simple amino-acid which is cheap and can be found anywhere. Tbh I can feel the effect. It's 9pm, brain fog disappeared, I feel bit sleepy, but I know I can work for an hour  if I choose so. 

Do you have a picture of the fish you can share?

Edited by BooksandTrees

8 hours ago, BooksandTrees said:

What are you ordering?

Mechanical keyboard. I've got several coupons so it's going to be cheaper than in the local shop. 

I had really good morning today. Didn't start to use my phone right away but did useful stuff instead (including massage). 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Vera said:

Mechanical keyboard. I've got several coupons so it's going to be cheaper than in the local shop. 

Ah nice! I have a cheap mechanical keyboard I bought on Amazon and now I want a really fancy one.
Something that lights up and nice clicky keys that aren't too loud.

@Avnat Netzer Haha, I'm going to leave a short review here when I get i, hope it'll help you! 

@ismailkanaan thank you for your suggestions! I already implemented some of them and life looks better now.

I had really hard time falling asleep last night. It seems than this amino-acid I've been  taking made me too agitated. I then decided to take another pill to counter this one and oh my I felt those two chemicals fighting over control! ? I fell asleep but it was too late. 

First work day after vacation was good. Though my keyboard is so bad I bought another one because my fingers hurt at the end of the day. 

Honestly, I was happy to be back to work. I felt lonely on vacation, spent way too much time alone. I missed that constant buzz and people going back and forth! 

• Like 2

On 12/2/2019 at 1:13 PM, Vera said:

@Avnat Netzer Haha, I'm going to leave a short review here when I get i, hope it'll help you! 

@ismailkanaan thank you for your suggestions! I already implemented some of them and life looks better now.

I had really hard time falling asleep last night. It seems than this amino-acid I've been  taking made me too agitated. I then decided to take another pill to counter this one and oh my I felt those two chemicals fighting over control! ? I fell asleep but it was too late. 

First work day after vacation was good. Though my keyboard is so bad I bought another one because my fingers hurt at the end of the day. 

Honestly, I was happy to be back to work. I felt lonely on vacation, spent way too much time alone. I missed that constant buzz and people going back and forth! 

I get like that also when I go on vacation. I always like to be productive and working on something so if I don't have any projects planned outside of work then I kind of stew a bit until I get back to the office. I hope you're feeling better.

First work week after vacation is over. That was tiring, lots of working overtime, but mostly boring. I made nice progress in touch typing while waiting for another pile of documents to come. I think my skill is still pretty low but I'm improving every day. 

I bought humble bundle of books on programming and data science, it has some projects I'd like to do so I decided to invest in myself. Managed to go to the gym just once this week, should be able to go tomorrow. December is going to be busy but I believe I can still make it to the gym at least two times a week, especially if I prepare everything beforehand.

My mechanical keyboard is stuck somewhere, haven't received any notifications about it for several days but that's okay. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vera said:

First work week after vacation is over. That was tiring, lots of working overtime, but mostly boring. I made nice progress in touch typing while waiting for another pile of documents to come. I think my skill is still pretty low but I'm improving every day. 

I bought humble bundle of books on programming and data science, it has some projects I'd like to do so I decided to invest in myself. Managed to go to the gym just once this week, should be able to go tomorrow. December is going to be busy but I believe I can still make it to the gym at least two times a week, especially if I prepare everything beforehand.

My mechanical keyboard is stuck somewhere, haven't received any notifications about it for several days but that's okay. 

I hope your keyboard comes soon. That would be awesome. Good idea getting that humble bundle. I think dedicating some time to creative skills is really rewarding and takes lots of courage and determination.

Oh busy weeks! I work endlessly and have no time or strength to do something else other than caring for my fishes and watching series. I honestly enjoy watching series, but I won't do that after I finish this one. I gave away Endlers to the local fish shop and my goal is to breed white cloud minnows when spring comes. It's going to be my first time raising fish from eggs. 

I am also so anxious about the keyboard that i keep checking tracking obsessively, but no new info comes up. Guess I'll receive it after new year. 

I got a bit sick this week, had unusual weakness, but it disappeared after a few days. I also have persistent pain under my left knee that keeps popping up whenever I walk for a long time. Don't know what this is.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Vera said:

Oh busy weeks! I work endlessly and have no time or strength to do something else other than caring for my fishes and watching series. I honestly enjoy watching series, but I won't do that after I finish this one. I gave away Endlers to the local fish shop and my goal is to breed white cloud minnows when spring comes. It's going to be my first time raising fish from eggs. 

I am also so anxious about the keyboard that i keep checking tracking obsessively, but no new info comes up. Guess I'll receive it after new year. 

I got a bit sick this week, had unusual weakness, but it disappeared after a few days. I also have persistent pain under my left knee that keeps popping up whenever I walk for a long time. Don't know what this is.

This year has been stressful with packages. I also haven't received 2 of my packages I ordered for almost 2 weeks each. Hopefully you get it soon. I hope you're feeling better and have a good week.