Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Another good day. I had very unpleasant experience at work , but I did the right thing and I have nothing to regret. I loved today's workout, made real progress on every exercise and I was really happy on my way back home. I smiled to myself and enjoyed the walk.

Since there's no internet at home (I have no money atm to pay for that), I had to replace my usual touch typing training with writing. I decided to try my old fountain pen once more and it's so good I spent half an hour spilling my emotions on the paper. Diary is really a beautiful thing. I noticed that I try to remember and include interesting words, and my writing looks really different from what I did with my last fountain pen, it's smoother in a way. The good pen is Jinhao x750, if someone's interested. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Vera said:

Another good day. I had very unpleasant experience at work , but I did the right thing and I have nothing to regret. I loved today's workout, made real progress on every exercise and I was really happy on my way back home. I smiled to myself and enjoyed the walk.

Since there's no internet at home (I have no money atm to pay for that), I had to replace my usual touch typing training with writing. I decided to try my old fountain pen once more and it's so good I spent half an hour spilling my emotions on the paper. Diary is really a beautiful thing. I noticed that I try to remember and include interesting words, and my writing looks really different from what I did with my last fountain pen, it's smoother in a way. The good pen is Jinhao x750, if someone's interested. 

I hope you get internet back soon. Are you ok after the work event? Is it a temporary thing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@BooksandTrees yes, I'm okay, it was to be expected and happened because of other person who disagreed with me a while ago and it resulted in this. It's already over. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got my internet back and changed my data plan and I won't pay as much as I do. I don't need blazing fast internet. I have no use for it. 

 Did some shopping, touch typing (new keys are pain to learn, I hate the lower part of the keyboard but I'll learn it anyway), I had pretty good day. I'm keeping myself busy and I feel like I don't have enough time in the day to do all that I want. This is really awesome. I went from 'bored don't know what to do' to 'gimme some more time I want to do gazillion of things'. I have a lot of interest in life again. 

I decided to approach my social media differently. Instead of perceiving it as a distraction I simply subscribed to groups that are focused on studying and provide me with motivation and inspiration if I do decide to get stuck in my feed for some time. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Minor issues - workout wasn't good and I feel a bit low, but it can be explained easily so I don't worry. Haven't done much except doing my skin care routine. 

I can feel that I am still ashamed of myself for not being good enough, for not being picture perfect. Do I really want to be that sad over something I can't change? I lived my life as good as I could, but I still  suffer -  in my imagination more than in reality. I'm wasting my life worrying about something that doesn't exist, it's just pointless. I'll go to sleep and I'll be as good as new after some rest. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vera said:

Minor issues - workout wasn't good and I feel a bit low, but it can be explained easily so I don't worry. Haven't done much except doing my skin care routine. 

I can feel that I am still ashamed of myself for not being good enough, for not being picture perfect. Do I really want to be that sad over something I can't change? I lived my life as good as I could, but I still  suffer -  in my imagination more than in reality. I'm wasting my life worrying about something that doesn't exist, it's just pointless. I'll go to sleep and I'll be as good as new after some rest. 

Nothing in life is perfect and nobody can ever expect it from themselves or from others. It is ok. You are not alone. But that also doesn't mean it's ok to feel sad as well. Games gave us lots of rewarding feelings through instant gratification. Sometimes life is not gratifying at all. When we played games we may have neglected the real world enough to eliminate many avenues of gratification through hard work, socializing, and connection with others and the world around us. Now that we don't have games we have to work harder for gratification. We also have to CHOOSE the gratification we want. We'd do a quest in a game to get the reward. We'd play a game to win. You can't win a drawing. There's so much more interpretation we need in life in understanding value and gratification and self worth. 

I'm wondering if there is a form of healthy escapism to change our mental or physical environments to alter our moods. We played games to escape for the most part. I just wonder if we can actively be aware of the feelings that make us suffer (loneliness, not being good enough, etc.) and either find a place to go outside, or some sort of hobby system to change out thinking into something more productive and either comforting or rewarding.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@BooksandTrees I found it very rewarding to  be in a flow state when you just forget everything. I think it's pretty much the only healthy escapism. I never emerged out of the flow state disappointed or sad. It's an escapism because world doesn't exist for you while you are working. It's also healthy because it leads to progress. But I was lucky, I found something that clicked and after I became more or less comfortable with my tools, flow state just came naturally. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm very tired, but I'm also happy. 

Had rough day at work, had to stay overtime. It's very hot, hordes of flies are attacking every room and I got a little sick from heat and really big workload. But I was calm and managed to finish the day without making any major mistakes. Went to the summer house, rested for a while and got back home. I wanted to try watercolor painting for some time now and I finally got to do it. I enjoyed the process, it's fun and relaxing, and it is real. I haven't made a masterpiece but a doodle here and there is cool enough. I like doodles. I'll do more of them. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, last weekend was kinda chaotic. I didn't like the visit to my relative's place, she was celebrating her birthday, but the party was meh at best. Because of certain uncomfortable things happening it was even bad. I enjoyed being with our neighbors waaay more.

I finally paid for the seeds. Had to pay quite a lot for the shipment, but it's okay. 

Did a lot of touch typing training today. My fingers are getting stronger and faster, what seemed unbearable at first became much easier. But I feel my keyboard fighting me which annoys me a lot. Can't wait to get better, I want to kill this keyboard and move to mech. I think i have an hour of free time, I can try to squeeze in some more studying. I also feel like I need multivitamin supplement, my sleep quality has declined quite a bit. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My work was great today. Went to the gym, did pretty much nothing except walking on the treadmill. I'm going through extremely hard touch typing exercise, it makes me mad at myself because all my progress is suddenly lost and I'm like a blind kitten, can't find anything on the keyboard. I am telling myself that it's okay, I'll get through it when my hand-eye-brain (???) coordination improves, but it's not going to improve without practicing. I try once again tomorrow, really slow, because my fingers are already painful. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sad. One of my colleagues and his wife (?, this is not clear yet) died in a car accident, and I'm mourning him, even if I didn't get to interact with him a lot. He was a very happy and kind person, he had a big family and he really loved his grandchildren. It's just so unfair, I can't quite get over it. He didn't cause the accident, he was a very careful driver and despite all that his car was turned into a pile of metal by some careless bitch and he got so injured he passed away in the hospital. The bitch is dead too, 4 victims in total. 

I guess this is a good reminder to not waste my time doing useless stuff. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some are more lucky than others. Unfortunately it can happen to anyone in a blink of an eye. Death reminds us that life is precious, so don't waste it. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Vera said:

I'm sad. One of my colleagues and his wife (?, this is not clear yet) died in a car accident, and I'm mourning him, even if I didn't get to interact with him a lot. He was a very happy and kind person, he had a big family and he really loved his grandchildren. It's just so unfair, I can't quite get over it. He didn't cause the accident, he was a very careful driver and despite all that his car was turned into a pile of metal by some careless bitch and he got so injured he passed away in the hospital. The bitch is dead too, 4 victims in total. 

I guess this is a good reminder to not waste my time doing useless stuff. 

I'm sorry to hear about your colleague passing away. I had a coworker pass away once and it was very sad. It did influence me to get help and change my life. Just sad to see a good person go. I hope you feel better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for your kind words! I feel better, but some sadness still lingers in the back of my head. I am tired, feels like I've caught a cold.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, last week was a mess. But I at least understood several things: I have to seriously reduce my phone usage, digital to-do app I used to like no longer works for me because I end up on youtube or on social media, and I'm bored and tired as hell. App blocker works only temporary because I can always install another browser and it's exactly what I do. It's tiring and frustrating process of trying and failing again and again. 

My whole routine went out of the window and I just don't want to touch my phone to set up another digital schedule. I need something real, pen and paper, and lots of mindful writing to get myself together. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've had some success this week, but it is not over yet. I have to go to the gym and start listening to the Python online tutorial to remind me of basic things I could've forgotten. I returned home very late yesterday so I'm not feeling well today, but I still can do something. My friend (who still plays the game I've quit) offers me to go back, and I sometimes have urges to go back, but it is so time consuming I'd rather sleep more. I don't do so many things I'd like to and I always feel like I'm way behind everyone else, and gaming won't make me happier. It might offer me a temporary escape, but I don't want to escape. I might get a false sense of safety inside virtual world, but it vanishes when I click 'exit'. I'd rather try to fix my problems. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...