NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

My Journal - SpiNips

SpiNips

Hello!

Today has been partly a good day. I did a good interval-run in the morning. I'm hoping to improve my cardio by running when I don't have anything else sports scheduled for the day. The best moment of the day was driving to a lake with my friends.

I've felt somehow annoyed and dissatisfied with my life. I feel like there is something that I need to change. I had this thought that maybe I'm trying to change too many things rapidly making my thought process messy. I have a feeling that I need to slow the rate of life down a bit. To have time to have fun and rest without the need to think about the grand scale of life for a while. To stop analyzing my life for while, kinda rolling with it for a while and have more perspective on it that way. This doesn't mean stopping taking responsibility, but looking at life differently for a while. There is a need for change and I don't really know whats the essence of it is but I will figure it out.

Today I'm grateful for:

• Moving to the basement eased my breathing problems
  • Guns N' Roses
  • Surviving from a scary incident without harm
  • Meeting my friends this evening
  • There is plenty of time for me to try new things out

Hello!

Today was a good day. I was busy working and studying. The best thing today was playing chess with my friend Mikko.

I set up a simple schedule to study for my matriculation exams. It's otherwise ready – just the rewards for completing a set of habits is missing. Happy to make some progress on this!

I had a longer shift in work and enjoyed it. There was this one mistake with the order. I had just cycled 2.5 km from an restaurant. When I arrived to the customer he asked where was the other pizza. The order was complicated. I did an extra 5 km cycling, but in the end the customer was happy with the way we handled the problem. Probably happier than if he'd just gotten the pizzas in time. Every cloud has a silver lining.

Tomorrow is the Midsummer day, a big holiday in Finland. Looking forward to spending the day with my friends.

Check out the book "PLAY"

I bet what you need is to just find some time each week to just do something for fun without any other attachment. For me, this is surfing.

Hmm, yes I guess that could help. I'll try to take a more playful attitude to my life. I feel that in the summer the play part happens quite naturally. Of course I need to read the book to know what I'm talking about. Thanks for the suggestion!

I bet what you need is to just find some time each week to just do something for fun without any other attachment. For me, this is surfing.

I agree. And for me it's writing and drawing.

Can you post some of your drawings in your journal?

Today I'm grateful for:

• Doing a work I enjoy
  • Remembering to accept emotions and thoughts
  • My friends cooked me food
  • Fun matches of chess
  • Having many options to choose from where I will celebrate tomorrow

I agree. And for me it's writing and drawing.

Can you post some of your drawings in your journal?

Whoa, it seems like a challenge. Most of my drawings are characters from South Park and other cartoons with similar level of art. I'll post them when I'll get some time to scan them.

Thanks for suggestion, and also love your gratitude list!

Greetings, Mad Pharmacist

Hello!

The midsummer went great. Today I've been gathering strength, reading and meeting my friends. A cool day altogether. The best moment of today was playing a quiz game in a pub.

I finished The Willpower Instinct by Kelly McGonigal. It was a great book – definitely among my favourites. The concept is simple enough and the amount of content is amazing.

Today I'm grateful for:

• Pentatonix – Daft Punk
  • Meeting my friends
  • Warm nights
  • Helmi radio
  • The knowledge that nearly all knowledge is subjective

Hello!

Today was a good day! In the morning I studied and learned about handling money. After that I went out with my friends and did an evening shift in work. It was very busy a day at work. For some reason two orders got mixed and that lead to a mess. Anyways we got the problem handled and everything turned out good in the end. The best moment of today was swimming and kicking football with my friends.

I feel like I'm getting a bit stressed out from our family time. Recently my father has been very busy which has lead to stress and I feel like the teamwork is not working. It's my family, so I'll try to bring as much support to the table as I can. Sometimes things like this are hard to deal with and just require time. I feel like I still don't want to spend too much time home to avoid excess frustration.

We often forget, how important is to relax in our lives. It's great that you didn't forget about it :)

I do that very often as well. This summer break has freed so much time that there is finally enough time to focus on taking it easier. ^_^ I'll be super grateful if I still remember to chill out when the matriculation exams kick in.

Today I'm grateful for:

• A surprise
  • Puppet pals
  • Cooking good food
  • Working equals exercising, Awesome!
  • ABBA radio on spotify

Hello!

Today marks 365 days since I last played games! It's my game quitter-birthday! :) This is a benchmark that strongly supports the idea that my gaming addiction is starting to be overcame. I'll write my thoughts about this in a different post.

Today has been kind of a lackluster day. I've for example spent two and a half hours on youtube. It's a time I could've spent much better. I trained BJJ after a two week break and it felt quite hard. Despite the hardships it was still fun to train once again. The best moment of today was getting a nice collar choke.

I'm currently experimenting with NoFap. The way I'm doing it is that I'm starting from a cycle of a week and shortening the time by a day every time. Once I start to feel a negative influence I can start to draw conclusions and increase the time between. I'm doing this because I'm still unsure about NF's effects even after going for a 100-day streak in the spring. I personally dislike the reddit site since it's a bit overboard for me.

I feel that my experimentation with NF might lead me to some miscorrelations. I'll have to try to keep myself focused on being objective. As long as the goal is to improve myself I feel like there is no need to be afraid. In the end I will still learn from the experience. This is one reason why this forum is irreplaceable for me. It helps me keep going the right way. :) 

Today I'm grateful for:

• Muse
  • If you want to change, self-compassion > being too hard on yourself
  • My mom
  • The fresh air after rain
  • Ibuprofen

Hello!

Today was a good day! In the morning we created a daily schedule for a camp which was hard but we made it through. After that I studied, read, trained and hung out with friends. The best moment of today was driving along the Finnish countryside with my friend.

Just a thought that I caught. I feel like that when on NF I have more drive to do things. It's nice to have more burn inside you. This is still highly speculative – feelings and thoughts come and go and it might be just a random feeling. Today was generally way more productive than yesterday. I spent nearly no time on youtube etc. It's not necessarily how I'm feeling about it but what I actually do. Yup

It was pleasant to notice that the sprints and cycling I've been doing have improved my aerobic capacity. I get way less out of breath when sparring in BJJ. :)

Congrats!

And now I shall introduce my 1 year anniversary gif.

cool-proud-gif-714.gif

Oh yes! I've been waiting for this!

Today I'm grateful for:

• Aerosmith and Scorpions
  • Tomatoes
  • Bathing in sauna with my friends
  • Driver's licence
  • I have time to go to the gym tomorrow morning!

Good night everyone!

Hello!

Today was a cool day! I pretty much hung out with my friends the whole day. We swam played volleyball and football. The best moment of the day was playing with my friends.

I got a new haircut today and I like it! It's great to have a barber who knows what he/she can do with your hair.

Today I'm grateful for:

• Perfect avocados
  • There are few mosquitoes in the city
  • A good nap
  • Fun time with friends
  • A good meditation session

Hello!

Today was a work-filled day. First I did some work at my congregation and then as a bike courier. My shift was the busiest possibly since Foodora started here in Tampere, so I had some good exercise that way. The best moment of the day was the feeling of gratefulness that randomly appeared when I was waiting for an order. I'm blessed to have things in my life that I can't put a price tag on.

Today I'm grateful for:

• A job at Foodora
  • Being healthy
  • Having great friends
  • Cam's new video was great
  • Having food to restore all those burnt calories

The best moment of the day was the feeling of gratefulness that randomly appeared when I was waiting for an order. I'm blessed to have things in my life that I can't put a price tag on.

This feeling of gratefulness is available to you in any moment. You can access it. You can BE it.

Hello!

Today was a rather similar day except my work was luckily a bit more laid-back. The best moment of today was eating chocolate fondue with my friends. My stomach hurts from the amount of chocolate. :S 

I continue reading Ramit's book and it's kind of hard to understand since not all the concepts that apply to people in the States apply to us Finns. There are very clear lines though. Get an account to store money to do mundane expenses, another account for saving for a mid-range goals – for example a trip abroad – and a third investment account to invest and save for your retirement. This is reasonable and easy to understand.

It would be great to make a trip to Estonia with my friends since it's so close and a cheap of a country. Let's look more into it tomorrow!

General feeling about life is good. I feel like I've taken things more laid back recently. Not really sure whether that's a good or a bad thing. I have the tendency to combining NoFap with more parts of my life than necessary now that I'm experimenting with it. Less sexual tension -> more laid back? Don't really think that's the case at the moment. Or at least it's not as significant of a factor. Well you never know.

Hey!

Work-filled day is a day that you can seriously appreciate. Because thanks to that you can appreciate more your relaxation day. Even if it happens once a week to relax more!

Greetings, The Pharmacist

Yeah, work filled spring makes me appreciate this summer break even more :)

Today I'm grateful for:

• A good deodorant
  • Blue Öyster Cult
  • Meeting a new guy at the work
  • Bananas
  • Bumblebees

Hello!

I spent yesterday working and celebrating my friends' birthday. Today I participated in a confirmation ceremony, worked and hung out with friends. The best moment of today was planning a trip with my friends.

I think I need a day to recover from all this physical activity. Even though my body is handling it very well it would probably still be wise to do some proactive prevention.

As previously mentioned we are planning a trip to Estonia. It's going to be a short and cheap trip, but still going abroad with friends is awesome. We are moving between Tallinn and Pärnu, so if there are any Estonian Gamequitters hit me up with a message and let's meet! :) 

I notice the work I'm doing at Foodora is buffing my "feel-good"-meter quite rapidly. This translates to me allowing myself to leave some things half-done. Still the job is one of the best things that has happened this summer. I just need to be aware of my actions – reflect my feelings about where those actions are taking me to. 

Well done dude. I definitely need to start being grateful for my life and everything in it. What a great idea writing them down like this!!

I like it too! :) There are so many things to be grateful for in this life, trying to remember even a dribble of it. I originally copied this habit from Cam's Respawn.

Today I'm grateful for:

• Foo Fighters
  • Making mistakes is normal
  • Friends being receptive to the idea to travel
  • An upcoming renovation
  • Tomorrow is free

Hello!

Today was a weird day. My energy was up and down. I made progress regarding managing my money. I found the right kind of saving form for me which is good. I also played around with the sums and interests a bit. I moved furniture out of my room since it seems that we are going to open the wall in order to see that everything is in it's right place. The best moment of today was watching Strength Camp's videos. Elliott is a very inspirational guy with smart ideas. 

I feel like I'm a bit distracted from my goals currently. I'm making progress by experimenting with NoFap, studying Swedish, working and maintaining my basic routines. I just feel bad – might be that it's not necessarily connected to anything special. I believe that a more active style of life could improve my energy. 

Phew, I'm feeling that there are so many directions and things to go for at the moment that it's making me distracted.

Today I'm grateful for:

• Swedish music
  • Credit Unions
  • Mangos
  • Jumping on a trampoline with my sister
  • Smoked salmon