NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Mohammad's Journal

Mohammad

5 hours ago, Cam Adair said:

What are you enjoying about it? Curious what you've replaced gaming with!

Photography! I started watching Lynda.com, Introduction to photography by Ben Long. His videos are so great.  I keep watching his courses to reach an advanced photography. I made such an improvement in photography that I was amazed at myself! I replaced photography because its challenging, highly-cognitive stimulating, and rewarding, and I get so much appreciation from my friends and families on social media.

• Like 1
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Nice! Half-way through!

How are you feeling about the detox?

I'd say try to post a bit more about your detox every day. It's a useful habit and it can help get yourself through some tough periods. I personally struggled around day 40 and being able to just write about it on the forums was very helpful.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, karabas said:

Nice! Half-way through!

I'd say try to post a bit more about your detox every day. It's a useful habit and it can help get yourself through some tough periods. I personally struggled around day 40 and being able to just write about it on the forums was very helpful.

42 minutes ago, karabas said:

Nice! Half-way through!

Hi. Well, my life is totally changed! I never knew getting away from gaming can be this easy! I did not have any craving for games after the first few days and I dont think I will ever get back to gaming! Photography is a great replacement for me. It is more fun and more challenging. It needs more creativity. Spending alot of time walking around and shooting is a good exercise while enjoying the nice weather and beatiful sceneries.

I have been spending an average of two hours and twenty four minutes per day on my Ph.D. thesis in the past 30 days.

• 3 weeks later...

Day 45 to 61:

I went on vacation for eight days and I played about ten games of FIFA-2018 with my brothers. I don't consider it to be a rule breaker because I was on vacation and I wanted to have fun with my brothers. We used to play alot together many years ago when we were kids! I am back home and I do not have any urge for playing so far. I say I am straight going for the 90-day detox.

Edited by Mohammad
  • Like 1

Day 62 and 63:

I started swimming every day for half an hour. I am not playing any games whatsoever and I am so happy about it. I am improving my photography skills to much more advanced levels.

I do not have any urge for gaming as well.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Day 90:

Unfortunately, I played for about 2-3 hours on the last day! I really didn't enjoy but there is some urge to play. I am not sure what is the reason! It might be because of the stress I have in my life. I did not spend any time on photography and that is why I ended up playing video games. You know, it is easier to play games at home rather than going outside and start shooting.

The games I used to play were so intensive. When I played them after a while, I feel I could not maintain at that level of stress! I am wondering how could I play these games in past for many hours! I break the rules of detox by playing a couple of games so I am gonna continue for another 90 days, and I will begin from day 1!

I need some help to stop playing games because I know that even though I am not enjoying, there is some urge to play! This will probably let the habit come back into my life. So, I believe I need to be really careful about it. 

Here it is one of my photos I took a couple of weeks ago when I was in Calgary.

Edited by Mohammad
  • Like 2

This is a very beautiful picture! ?

Maybe you need some other strategy to cope with stress, sports or meditation for example? Or maybe calling a friend or relative when you feel like gaming? You did good until the very end of the 90 days but it sounds like your progress is indeed a bit in danger. Getting out of gaming requires constant discipline and work for some, while others as it seems can do easier. Some are even selling their gaming equipment or they give it to a friend so its out of sight, maybe thats an option for you too?

• Like 2

No, I cannot sell my laptop as I do my job with it. I think photography is a perfect replacement for me. The reason I started playing is that I stopped shooting. I tried to save some time by not going outside and shoot some photos, but, I ended up playing some games instead of working on my thesis!

• Like 1