NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Tom2's 2nd attempt

Tom2

S3_SHARE.thumb.png.f7f86fbcd79a8ee178d31

Day 1

- Submitted subtitles of this video. I'm glad it's been approved :) What To Do If You Relapse And Start Gaming Again

- Translated the article for parents [KO] 13 Things to Remember If You Love a Gaming Addict The original one is here. https://gamequitters.com/13-things-remember-love-gaming-addict/ I did this just for fun.

- Wrote a story of my relapse. + made some plans. https://forum.gamequitters.com/topic/4216-the-most-stupid-and-retarded-relapse-at-important-time/

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Tom,

I read your relapse story and I think I'm going to make a different post there. I strongly empathize with your situation, as that was my life for the last two years. Quitting gaming is a great first step towards self improvement. Though, you truly have to face other issues in order to succeed with the 90 day detox. There is a reason you relapsed and that is because of the other problems videos games are helping you cope with. Face it one day at a time though, real change takes that kind of dedication. Good luck with your 90 day detox!

Hey Tom,

I read your relapse story and I think I'm going to make a different post there. I strongly empathize with your situation, as that was my life for the last two years. Quitting gaming is a great first step towards self improvement. Though, you truly have to face other issues in order to succeed with the 90 day detox. There is a reason you relapsed and that is because of the other problems videos games are helping you cope with. Face it one day at a time though, real change takes that kind of dedication. Good luck with your 90 day detox!

Thanks Al.

I want to change this time. I appreciate your advice.

After reading through some of your latest posts, you seem like you could benefit from relaxing a little bit more! This ties into the perfectionism thing too.

You're right.

I just wanted to push myself when I feel ok. When tough time comes, I'm going to get rest without concern this time :) . Until then, I want to do my best.

S3_SHARE_1.thumb.png.a3ca5267dac37446457

Day 3 - was also productive!

- Another translation. (Made Korean subtitles) I found out that I can concentrate on the translation work 3 hours straight. Compared to studying civil engineering, it's much easier to focus on. When I study civil engineering, I have to break every 25 minutes. Tomorrow I want to study civil engineering. I'm going to do less translation because I'm going to study civil engineering mainly. That was what my plan is.

- Had a dinner with my father's coworkers. They are all civil engineers. I had some good conversation with one of them. I want to be more brave from now on. I didn't want to have dinner with them at first. However I think it wasn't too bad. I'm still not comfortable to meet new people. I'm happy because that moment just had passed.

- I parked my dad's car at a small space so well this night. It was a perfect parking. I enjoyed driving. It went so well and smooth.

- I'm going to visit a small site where people who have depression gather. It's almost abandoned but I found new posts there.

- I'm going to say sorry to my university friends tonight or tomorrow. It was the second time that I didn't reply their messages when I had depression about a week ago. I'm sorry for them.

Good job taking positive steps and talking to your dad's co-workers. I know how intimidating that can be. Be proud of your successes...they add up!

I'm glad to hear your reply!

I just finished writing some sentences at a depression webpage... It was intense... The mood there... made me so solemn. I also have slight depression so I thought I could share some thoughts. However it wasn't as easy as I've expected. Anyway, thank you...

I'm going to go to bed because it's 1:30 am in South Korea. I'm looking forward to have another good day tomorrow. I hope your day be successful! No matter how many hours left today.

Hey man!

Nice job you're doing here! Making this pie charts each day keeps you HELL YEA accountable! Keep it up whenever you have worse day and moments of doubts!

Ah, and also, YOU DON'T NEED TO BE PERFECT. FUCK MOTIVATION! DISCIPLINE IS MUCH MORE IMPORTANT!!!

I'm curious what kind of application are you using for this awesome pie charts? I'm using Time Meter and it doesn't make anything like that :/

You live in South Korea, you should be grateful for that. There are many other things you can be grateful for. How about making a short gratitude list each day? Even 3 things a day are enough to feel more fulfillment in your life :)

Ah, and also thank you for your activity in my own journal! You keep Mad Pharmacist even more ON FIRE during though examination time! Just making me more indestructible! :D

Greetings, Mad Pharmacist

Hey, I'm grateful for that you've visited my journal!

I really enjoy reading your replies at other 'game quitters'. Especially This one. It made me smile a lot after reading that. :)

The app I'm using is called 'study checker'. I don't know whether it supports other languages. I can make daily, weekly, monthly, and random period chart with this.

I think listing 3 appreciable things everyday is a good idea. Maybe it would help myself getting out of depression someday when I have a tough time.(especially during my autumn semester...) It's 10pm now, and I'm going to post it around 12am.

See you soon... 'Good' Pharmacist :D

S3_SHARE.thumb.png.ac24b7fcb0eb9c7cc1ea7

Day 4 - Successful!

- Finished one chapter of soil mechanics! I'm proud of myself. Tomorrow I'm going to study 'water & sewage'. I want to study 4 hours tomorrow. That's my small goal.

- I told my university friends that I'm sorry for ignoring their messages. It happened during my relapse. They told me it's ok. I want to succeed the 2nd attempt.

Gratitude list

1. I'm grateful for myself being decisive when I sat on a chair to start studying. I didn't hesitate to open a textbook.

2. I'm grateful for Google Docs. I really enjoy making my own key points documents from textbooks.

3. I'm grateful for the fact that I have the second chance after relapse.

4. I'm grateful for the people who respond to my journal and replies. (That includes YOU reading this now!)

5. I'm grateful for my mom when she made some tasty food for me.

6. I'm grateful for the fact I can listen to some great music from Youtube while I was working.

7. I'm grateful for the fact that I can study a new subject tomorrow.

S3_SHARE.thumb.png.ee2c158a6895b4b87580f

Day 5 - quite good

- Didn't study a lot because I was tired after work. I also had to spend time with my family because we watched a movie. It was a good day, though.

- It was a good day because of the rainy weather. I like rain.

<Gratitude list>

1. I'm grateful for the rainy weather.

2. I'm grateful for the cheap price of 'Hunger Games'.

3. I'm grateful for driving in the rain, listening to nice music.

S3_SHARE_1.thumb.png.668859858474892efe8

Day 6 was great!

<Gratitude list>

1. I'm grateful for the fact that I can understand hard subject, if I invest my time.

2. I'm grateful for the fact that I have a place nearby, where I can jog.

3. I'm grateful for the cool night weather.

S3_SHARE.thumb.png.08f4d46f5798c98fcdc8e

Day 7 was ok.

- It was a day that I recharged myself and examined my mindset again.

- Purchased 'Respawn'. +Donated some money for the Tanzania project.

- Decided to translate and make subtitles with my friend! The video is about history of graphics.

- Decided to share my notes with my friend. He is going to fill the notes whenever possible. The notes will be mainly filled by me, but I had a very interesting moment before, when I worked with my friend via Google Docs.

- Cleaned my parent's house.

- Wrote my thoughts on career at my blog. It's Korean post so you guys won't understand... I wrote it after reading George Swain's <How to study>. Writing helped me a lot to organize my thoughts when it's depressed.

- I should get back to studying tomorrow.

<gratitude list>

1. I'm grateful for the fact that I can make something with my friend.

2. I'm grateful for my writing. It helped me to stay calm.

3. I'm grateful for Paypal. It was easy to send money.

S3_SHARE_1.thumb.png.cf67226a34a4b6ff85d

Day 8 wasn't good.

- I should have left my comfort zone when it's my day off. My work schedule has been cancelled today, and I justified myself wasting time. Tomorrow is gonna be different.

<Gratitude list>

1. I'm grateful for the 2 movies that I watched. <Sixth sense> and <The man from earth>. Both movies were great.

2. I'm grateful for the fact that it was a kind of holiday.

3. I'm grateful for the fact that I have tomorrow.

I have tip for you: if you want read book, make project or whatever try baby steps. Step by step. One minute to another with rest. Its powerful tool ! And another tip: Start with small tasks then go on bigger tasks. You will have more energy. Big task split into smaller parts and write on the paper. Your mind will be calmer. Like this emoticon :).

@Onlysoul : Thanks!!! That's exactly what I need to keep in mind!

S3_SHARE_1.thumb.png.c9f48754697e728b9ef

Day 9 - Great day!

- 84% of my free time has been spent on studying. Mission accomplished!

- Much less distraction today. Less time spent on the internet. I changed my place to more public place, when I was studying. It was successful.

<Gratitude List>

1. I'm grateful for @Onlysoul's advice!

2. I'm grateful for the fact that I could persuade someone to work more.

3. I'm grateful for the fact that I made 6 pages of summary of surveying.

4. Thanks to @giblets for the present! I'll use it when I face a horrible situation in the near future!

Edited by Tom2
Added one more sentence. and finally figured out how to tag someone :)