NEW PODCAST: Instant Gratification is the cause of so many problems in your life...

KevinV1990

What is the last book you read?

I'm reading a horror, detective novel. I found it on a reading app from top1apk. The author of this novel is a chinese couple. This novel is about a haunted room of a chinese campus. I haven't finished it yet. But, i find it very interesting. The writing style will bring you to China with various cultural features in the story. Moreover, the author also makes me feel like i have some illusion like the main character because sometimes it's very difficult to differentiate reality and illusion. The spiritual factors are combined with criminal ones. I can say this novel is really good. 

Our Lady of the Ice

Just a simple mystery novel in an hab dome in Antarctica.  I was travelling and it was on sale for $5.  Easy read and great for speed reading. 

I have been reading some Nietzsche and Jung recently; also I became passionate about psychological tests, this is the last jung test online I took. Jung says very interesting things about the Shadow (the inner, dark personality). It's really helpful to me, considering how much trouble I'm having recently.

Atomic Habits - James Clear.  Currently reading it again for the 2nd time and will probably read it again later. Strongly recommended reading for you fellow gamers out there. Has really helped me understand habit formation and how to break bad habits and create new helpful ones.

I am reading the Jurassic park novels and I am only 120 pages in the first one but I must say its great even though I have seen the movies dosins of times 😄

On 2/6/2019 at 1:26 PM, GCepeda said:

... but the book I keep coming back to is 12 Rules for Life by Jordan Peterson. It's not really the type of book you read from beginning to end (although you can certainly do that), but its something I keep coming back to in small segments. There's a lot of useful advice on how to life on a day to day. Def helpful for people like me who have lived a chaotic life for the past several years.

Just ordered this on Amazon, right before I read your post. I've heard great things about it. Looking forward to reading it again and again.

I just finished The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho. It's a very easy read, fiction coming of age tale. Should have read it sooner. Definitely going to get multiple rereads. I recommend it!