NEW VIDEO: I Quit MMOs and THIS Happened

My Journal - SpiNips

SpiNips

Hello!

Today was a good day! I managed to get my usual tasks completed. The best thing that happened today was going to the theatre to see a play.

Finding the right balance between work and play is something to work on! I'm a person who will easily get sidetracked on working and forget about play. It doesn't always feel like work though, sometimes working is just as fun as playing.

Today's recipe is wok cauliflower and broccoli with chicken and soy sauce

Today I'm grateful for:

• Honey
  • Parodies
  • An inspiring friend
  • Avocados
  • Playing the piano

Hello!

Today was a good day! It contained quite a bit of reflecting and good food. The best thing today was writing a full page of text in my journal.

I spotted a job advertisement today. It was a CEO for a month campaign in which you get to be a CEO of a big personal service company for a month. I'm rather young for that kind of a job but I bet applying for it would be awesome. It has to be an all-in or all-out though. You don't just apply for that kind of a job in a half-assed way. Jobs jobs jobs.

Wow 26 pages of journal entry........  O.o  *high five*  I must take time to read it, as well as other people's journals. 

You mentioned a really good point about work/play balance!  I'm glad you enjoyed yourself at the theater.  :)

Thanks mate, there is quite a bit to read, that's for sure! :P I need to make sure to check everybody else's journals as well.

Today I'm grateful for:

• Taking a walk in the evening
  • Mandarins
  • Having a funny chat with my friend
  • Sunshine and dry streets
  • Tim Ferriss for being an inspiration

Hello!

Today was a good day! Flu is having it's final stand but I feel like it'll be over soon. Today I was productive and had fun with friends. The best thing today was taking a walk with my friend in the sunny weather talking and joking.

And almost 3,000 views on your journal! 

Yup! ^_^ Slowly crawling up towards that 3000 mark. 

It's getting late so I better start snoozing now!

Today I'm grateful for:

• Meeting my friends
  • Solving a hard physics problem
  • Driving, It's rather fun
  • American elections for being interesting to follow
  • There will be free food tomorrow!

Hello!

Today was a great day! I worked with my workmates regarding the upcoming summer job. I'm currently studying quite a lot so there is less time to read books. :-((

The best moment today was a randomly hanging out with a girl. It was really pleasant moment and I felt we connected really well. These coincidental moments of connecting with people have been really awesome the last two days!

Meditation has once again surprised me in it's usefulness. Becoming conscious of what I'm feeling it helps me cope with myself immensely. For example sometimes I'm feeling anxious about a relationship of mine and this anxious feeling has a tendency of popping to my head randomly oftentimes without me noticing it at all. But when I catch myself being attuned to those thoughts I notice them and it's so much easier to just accept them as thoughts. I once heard an explanation about the cognitive part of your brain being able to work on your feelings/emotions automatically if you just notice them. To make sure I'm not talking about denying/suppressing my thoughts or emotions just noticing them.

Lot's of work to be done, I'm going to get back to it. Have a nice day!

Today I'm grateful for:

• Playful attitude
  • Pikeperch, an amazingly delicious fish
  • Great conversations
  • Kafka's The Trial, It fascinating in it's own way
  • Cooperation

Hello!

Today was a great day! I passed my driver's license's theory exam. It's not too long until I have a car in my access! That is great since I'm able to travel more efficiently to hobbies for example. We spent the evening playing Texas hold'em and bathing in sauna with my friends. A great way to spend friday.

The best moment of the day was passing the exam which I had previously failed. After completing the exam 60/60 I'm thankful for having to do it again. I'm pretty confident of my knowledge regarding traffic.

Taking some time off to have fun with friends has really been worth it. The feelings of burnout are not present. :)

Tomorrow is a challenging day. I'm going to prepare a get-to-know game for 45 14/15-year-old teens. It's a big challenge but maybe separating them into smaller groups and playing something rather easy will do the trick.

Today I'm grateful for:

• Board games
  • GameQuitters text-save mechanism
  • Lentils
  • The feeling of a cold shover after sauna
  • Black pepper for seasoning

Had to read he Trial in school and these seemingly random fragments of a book with no real conclusion drove me mad. Good read though.

Random is a rather mild word for describing the events in the book. xD I'm waiting to be able to read more of it since I feel like K has some humane side to him which I can identify with as well.

Hello!

Today I prepared for my driving exam and worked for 3,5 hours. I rested the rest of the day and decided to pass a party since I'm better without it to be honest.

The best moment of the day was reading Models by Mark Manson.

After watching some videos on youtube I feel interested in the ways of coping with dangerous situations in the real world, for example an attack with a knife. I think the best way to train to cope with these situations is to do some social skill practices for resolving problematic situations, meditating so that I'll be aware of the situation and it's dangers, and to do some HIIT sprints to be able to flee from the stuation. ^_^

There was an interesting thought on Think and Grow Rich. It was about how oftentimes we tend to make decisions through the lens of emotions rather than rationally. At least I noticed this in my life today. Being tired I'm not able to notice my mood as well as being well-rested and that leads to a not so conscious ways of acting. I think this works the other way round as well. It's hard for instance to work towards a goal purely based on a logical reasoning. There has to be emotion – desire – mixed with the goal for it to truly be one you'll go after. This is a good reminder for me since sometimes it's easy for me to forget about improving myself. Mixing rational goals with desire really takes achieving them to another level.

That's so awesome! Do you know what kind of car you're going to get? I'm not a mechanic or anything but I enjoy talking about cars, and I'm curious! :) 

I'm mostly going to be driving around with a Nissan Sunny. xD  It's rather small and light and will do just great for me currently! :) 

Today I'm grateful for:

• Freshly baked buns
  • Being critical with information
  • Good hair wax
  • Mumford&Sons
  • Naps

Hello!

Today was another resting day. It seems that my flu is a resilient bastard but it will be over when it will be over. Today I practiced for my driving exam and worked with congregation which employs me for summer. The best moment today was getting feedback from my friends dad who had followed through my friends exam and was able to give me good tips.

I'm going to make sure I have good nights sleep the next few nights so that I'll be at my sharpest when driving. 

Not too much to write about today.

Today I'm grateful for:

• Learning a lot today
  • Not having too rough of a weekend
  • Eating at Grandma's
  • Hotel California and other acoustic guitar songs
  • Next workweek is going to be only 3 days!

Hello!

Today was a good day. I prepared one last time for tomorrows driving exam. Excited about that! The Best moment of today was hanging out with my friends after school. 

Today I thought about the difference between play and rest. I feel like they compliment each other and are both required to keep your performance in check. For me resting is reading, watching videos or taking a walk. Playing is more of a social activity which includes for example boardgames, sports or chilling with friends. 

It's day 266 according to my calculations. Soon reaching that 9-month-mark! ^_^

Another thought that popped to my head was about action. If you forget to act it is so easy to get off the track and start wondering what went wrong/why is nothing happening. I seem to need this reminder every once in a while. Actions are often easy. Actions are tangible. Actions, even if little, are the force pushing you towards the life you want. 

Today I'm grateful for:

• Going to a car wash. Those things were awesome when I was a child and they seem to be just that nowadays as well
  • Wood as a building material
  • Smoked pikeperch
  • Having fun with my friends
  • Good teachers who make learning subjects simple

Hello!

It's getting late and I need sleep. Today was alright, the best moment of the day was drinking tea with my friends.

I've recently felt that I've been a little distracted and stressed. I'm glad it's easter and I'll have a 5-day holiday! :)

Today I'm grateful for:

• Meeting my old teacher. She was happy as always
  • Good progress in mathematics
  • Graphic calculators
  • Feeling better today
  • My hair gel

Hello!

I've been feeling low lately. There is something I need to change in my life. I'm not quite sure what it is yet but this challenge is something I will overcome. I know that I need to figure out what is causing me to feel like this and work on it. I think it has to do with fear, self-perception/talk, social circle and/or relationships. The last time I wrestled with a problem like this I was clueless about the nature of it until the very end so figuring out what to do is the way go.

Today I relied to my usual counter for negative self-talk, writing it all up on paper. This time though the list was enormous and it felt very intimidating. There might be some shame running around I need to recognize.

I still know that I'm the one to carve my fate. I have trust in my ability to reach my goals and desires, to live the way I want to live. I also know that if I won't believe in myself being able to achieve the life I want I won't get there. This is on the other hand an opportunity for growth.

The best moment today was talking about the universe and the 4th dimension with my friend.

Today I'm grateful for:

• Holiday! I have more time so I can reflect and ponder my life a little. Also plan action!
  • Ground beef, beans, tomato sauce and lentils, a great slow carb recipe
  • Recognizing that I'm capable of dealing and the one to deal with my challenges
  • Wikipedia
  • Classical String music

Good night everyone!

Hey I read  yesterday an intersting theory about negative selftalk and how to deal with it. It goes like this: If you try to evade negative thoughts you repress them wich leads to bad feelings and more negative thoughts. The other approach to this would eb to realize your negative thoughts, self shaming etc. look at them and acknowlage that they are there but don't have to be your reality. Just let them come accept them as thoughts you have and go on. Sounds very buddhist like but comes actually out some psychology studys. Maybe you  could try it out.

Hello!

Today was a good day! I went to the gym and spent the evening with my friends. The best thing today was doing bent over rows and ABBA was playing on the playlist. Very Cheerful :)

Today I thought about what purpose and the direction of my life look like. I found them hard subjects since currently I feel like I'm not pulled by want from all the directions. I feel like I'm somewhat balancing over the survival curve, but unable to go higher without passion to guide me. I'm going to give myself time and work on my general life, habits, self-improvement and have fun meanwhile.

Negative self-talk has been a part of my mindset for a very long time. I noticed that I feel like I need negative self-talk to improve my life. But if I let negative self-talk be my guide I'll just end up trying to be something I'm not. I write all my negative self-talk thoughts on a note on my phone. Then I look at them and see whether they have solid evidence, or they are unnecessary

Hey I read  yesterday an intersting theory about negative selftalk and how to deal with it. It goes like this: If you try to evade negative thoughts you repress them wich leads to bad feelings and more negative thoughts. The other approach to this would eb to realize your negative thoughts, self shaming etc. look at them and acknowlage that they are there but don't have to be your reality. Just let them come accept them as thoughts you have and go on. Sounds very buddhist like but comes actually out some psychology studys. Maybe you  could try it out.

Good points there! Although I accept negative self-talk as a thought I'm trying to cut them out by noticing how dumb the talk is oftentimes. I'm also working on it by strenghtening the positive voice.

Today I'm grateful for:

• Own bed, I'm dead tired
  • Going out with friends
  • Eating well today
  • Applying for a job
  • It's warm outside

Hello!

Today was an eventful day! The coolest thing today was hanging out with my friends. We visited my friend's grandmother's house and it turns out she doesn't really lack money. The house was filled up with paintings and Baroque style furniture. It was awesome to see that kind of place that differs from the regular surroundings. I feel like there are things way more precious in life than material richness but I respect all the work behind it. It was great to be able to visit a house like that! ^_^

I'm still thinking about what I want from life. Thinking will get me only so far though, I will try out new things to figure out what works for me. I don't know whether I should even focus on this too much. Just keeping my good habits rolling and getting stronger and wiser.

I've been reading Mark Manson's Models. It's a book with a great message, but I'll need to get deeper into it to really catch the nature of the book. Feeling it will be a good read.

Tomorrow I'm going to celebrate my friends' birthday so I might and probably will miss the post.

Today I'm grateful for:

• Chickpeas
  • Bathing in sauna with my very good friends
  • Learning to observe traffic better
  • A friend who is interested in trying new stuff out
  • Water

Hello!

Today was a good day! Waking up to an amazing breakfast at my friends place was not bad at all. I've been mostly reading and taking it easy though I visited my friends. The best thing today was sharing a breakfast with my friends.

It's about 9 months since I quit gaming. Yay! Recently, while I was thinking about hobbies, activities and passions I thought about what drew me towards gaming, maybe I could use that in my advantage when looking for new stuff to try out. I used to play LoL. Funny how distant it sounds nowadays. Playing mid was my fav, just farming myself fat and being efficient late-game. So maybe something action-based which still has a lot of Slight Edge-type of grind and opportunity to show your skills. 

I really enjoyed reading modells. He has a lot of good free stuff in his blog too. Check this article out: http://markmanson.net/life-purpose

I'm liking the book as well! :) Manson has a rather firm way of categorizing, but it makes it easier to understand the stereotypes. The article was great! Thanks for linking!

Another great book that touches on similar themes to Models (but is deeper) is The Way of the Superior Man by David Deida.

Oh yeah, I actually have that in my personal library. I've been putting off reading it since I read a random chapter (which talked about ejaculation and how you should do it). Having read it I felt like I could read some other books first, :P but judging a book by just a chapter is deceptive of course. If the subjects are similar to each other, it could be good to read them in a package, staying in the topic.

That's it for today, March is ending soon and summer is nearing at an alarming rate

Today I'm grateful for:

• Patience
  • Having a camp next weekend
  • Having time to wind down
  • Muse, listened to a long playlist today
  • Laughing with my friends

Hello!

Today was great! Trained BJJ and prepared for getting back to school tomorrow. The best moment of today was landing a triangle choke really well, the timing was just right! ^_^

Today I worked with my negative self-talk by replying to all the negative thoughts I've piled up on a note on my phone. I'm going to continue doing this for a while until I can feel my self-talk turning more positive.

Here is an inspirational video for everybody in need! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRVV5SLbVGg 

By the way I read an article which talked about telling the things you are going to do publicly might actually hinder the completion of the goal. The hindrance was based on feeling that you've achieved more than you actually have. Now that I think this might be more about little tasks. When working on improving your life in a way that is not always subtle it probably is good to talk about it with likeminded people. That way you can share knowledge and help each other out.

Today I'm grateful for:

• Training BJJ
  • Lamb
  • Good conversation with my mom
  • Making progress in maths
  • Foam rollers

Hello!

Today was alright. I felt anxiety and fear creeping into my head but breathing, discussing and exercising helped me with those. The best thing that happened today was making good progress in maths!

I was wondering trying out an experiment. It's cutting gym out from my weekly routine and replacing it with more BJJ practice for a month. After that month I can decide whether to continue with my original routine or if I find the new one better I can try it or even tune my gym routine. I'm doing this because at the moment the best thing I feel I can do for my progress is to spend more time figuring the complex system of JiuJitsu out. Alright!

Today I'm grateful for:

• Imagine dragons
  • Remembering to take my gi out of the washer
  • Getting feedback
  • Maths for calming me down, It's like sudokus but more productive
  • Getting to draw cool graphs on Thursday!