NEW VIDEO: I Quit MMOs and THIS Happened

No useless videos for 90 days.

Yan

Entry 09.10(Written on 10.10) 

Day 381: No Useless Videos
Day 380: Sticking to Food schedule
Day 272: Eating Only between 06:30 and 19:00 (Last bite before 19:00)
Day 39: Being in bed before 23:15

3 Things I did right, no matter how small.
-Bought an avocado from an apartment mate instead of buying it at three times the price at the close store (Because I accidentally got less than I needed)
-3 hours and 20 minutes of deliveries
-12 pomodoros

1 Thing I could do better 

-Yet again went to sleep without adhering to the 1 hour before sleep guideline I've set here. 
I think it might be because it is not a very realistic guideline and I know it.
because if it takes one hour I'm usually already at the next meal, and I will not go to sleep after the next meal. 
So I'd like to make it two pomodoros (The one during which I'm feeling sleepy, and after the next I may nap for about 15-30 minutes)

• Like 1

Entry 10.10(Written on 11.10) 

Day 382: No Useless Videos
Day 381: Sticking to Food schedule
Day 273: Eating Only between 06:30 and 19:00 (Last bite before 19:00)
Day 40: Being in bed before 23:15

-Despite being a potato and sleeping for about 30 minutes on time that was supposed to be workout,
And two bombing alerts, managing to make an almost complete chest workout (apart for one exercise. 
-12 pomodoros
-25 minutes looking for nutrition substitutes ti maintain mineral balance and still take in more calories

-Devote 10 minutes to planning the exact order of purchase, It will save double that at the very least I believe.

Food Schedule Update
Breakfast:
Orange - 1 piece
Tomato - 1 piece
Cucumber - 1 piece
Edamame - 100 grams

Brazil nuts - 12g 
Avocado - 100 grams
Quinoa - 40 grams(raw)
Cranberries -  17g 
Chlorella - 3 Grams approximately

Flax seeds - 12 grams
Chia seeds - 16 grams

Almonds - 40 grams 50g
Walnuts - 20g  40g

Salt - about 2 grams

Lunch:
Banana - 1 piece
Peas - 100 grams
Cabbage - 35 g
Carrots - 1-3 pieces daily, when not eating dinner, alltogether at lunch, when eating dinner, spread out. (200g approx) On workout days only 2 pieces
Edamame - 100g

Red Lentils(dry before cooking) - 70g
Nutritional Yeast - 2g
Almonds -  40g 50g
Walnuts - 20g 40g

Cranberries - 17 g
Peanut butter - 30g (At Dinner days - those at which I do courier work - 5 out of 7 days)
Olive oil - 30g
Shiitake mushrooms - up to 50g

(No dinner on Resistance workout days- apart for Tahini instead of peanut butter)Dinner:
Apple - 1 piece
Carrot - complete to 2-3 pieces

Cranberries - 17g (Cooked, not to be eaten Raw)
Tahini - 50g 
Dates -  60g  80g

Salt - 1g

Notes:
1. To finish my Sunflower seeds, Spinach and Rice Stocks, I'll continue the old schedule on fridays and saturdays, Where I burn the most calories.
Once out of any of the ingredients, continue doing it this way, then throw away or give away rice (Since there is enough there to last for a year perhaps( If I cook 140g every week, and I have a bit less than two 1.4kg bags it will take 20 weeks, and I want the changes to take place a lot faster. - something like 4 weeks, because I have 800g of spinach.

2. If there's a day where I do my minimum 3 hour ride and some workout on top, no need to skip dinner.
3. For the next workout Day I shall eat 30g dates because I accidentally cooked ittogether with lentils and would not want it to spoil.

The changes are due to my weight drop and biometrics being:
on 10.10
Height: 174 cm
Weight: 56.0
BMI:18.5

Previously on 21.09
Weight 57.4
For that reason adding some calories, despite it being an increase in  high GI  foods and overconsumption of Maganese

Edited by Yan
Adding my biometrics and reason for changes
  • Like 2

Entry 11.10(Written on 12.10) 

Day 383: No Useless Videos
Day 382: Sticking to Food schedule
Day 274: Eating Only between 06:30 and 19:00 (Last bite before 19:00)
Day 41: Being in bed before 23:15

-Wrote things for the next day's plan, in order not to forget them in a note on the phone just as i do with grocery and apartment conversations.
-After bike shift finishing the one exercise I lacked from the chest workout of yesterday.
-Writing message to a desired job place

-Start momentum of effectiveness in the morning by not deviating from any of your schedule written tasks at all,
Just the fact I dweviated from it and asked the apartment mate to get me some stuff from store which lacked when I went yesterday, got momentum going in the wrong direction and I endedup finishing morning routine an hour late.
With this Hour I could possibly go to store twice... So it definitely is not worth it to deviate from schedule

• Like 2

Entry 12.10(Written on 13.10) 

Day 384: No Useless Videos
Day 383: Sticking to Food schedule
Day 275: Eating Only between 06:30 and 19:00 (Last bite before 19:00)
Day 42: Being in bed before 23:15

-Fixing puncture, even though many shops are closed because of the bad political situation
-3 hour deliveries
-Adjusting my schedule because I accidentally ate an apple from dinner (Which I'm supposed to do only on courier days, by an earlier definition)

-Write down the exact way you split the meals into breakfast and lunch, so that you wouldn't need to hink of it (I've been adhering to the overall amounts or less, but not necessarily the meal where I eat it, for example, I often move foods in between meals to avoid eating vitamin C and Iron rich foods together because they cancel each other out according to what I've read

• Like 1

Entry 13.10(Written on 14.10) 

Day 385: No Useless Videos
Day 384: Sticking to Food schedule
Day 276: Eating Only between 06:30 and 19:00 (Last bite before 19:00)
Day 43: Being in bed before 23:15

-Taking last delivery before 22 00
-12 pomodoros
-Maintaining cool, and lowering my own expectations, + trying to see situations from the poin of people who were mad at me (Apartment mate and one guy who was preparing a delivery from me and for some reason got a wrong impression of me so kept barking at me) Next time I came, I believe that because I maintained calm, (and even tried to get him aboard with my mission - telling him that if we may get this delivery faster I'll possibly get another one, and showing him on the app the fact that there's potentially another one waiting) the interaction felt more friendly

-Remember tomorrow's coaching meeting and set alarm clock even earlier, though I did set it quite early, but subconscious had not much time (or at least could have more) to work on getting to that coaching meeting

• Like 1

Entry 14.10(Written on 15.10) 

Day 386: No Useless Videos
Day 385: Sticking to Food schedule
Day 277: Eating Only between 06:30 and 19:00 (Last bite before 19:00)
Day 44: Being in bed before 23:15

-Finishing all weekend delivery norm before coaching call
-12 pomodoros
-Continuing thee habit of turning on dish washing machine in the evening so that I would take the dish out in the morning when they're dry

-When planning the day in the morning take cocaching call into consideration, since I lost many planned activities, because I didn't do so

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Yan said:

-Continuing thee habit of turning on dish washing machine in the evening so that I would take the dish out in the morning when they're dry

This is a great habit. I've been doing this as well and you feel so much better in the morning when the only thing you have to do is put them away.

• Like 1

Entry 15.10(Written on 16.10) 

Day 387: No Useless Videos
Day 386: Sticking to Food schedule
Day 278: Eating Only between 06:30 and 19:00 (Last bite before 19:00)
Day 45: Being in bed before 23:15

-Doing laundry
-12 pomodoros
-Abs and roughly half back workout

-Reduce the time in between beginning the workout and the workout, and warmup and main set.
-Then, when having extra time in the end, use that to write the GQ entry and plan next day in the evening, since I'm slipping for planning in the morning again for a few days already.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, FDRx7 said:

This is a great habit. I've been doing this as well and you feel so much better in the morning when the only thing you have to do is put them away.

Yep, but my apartment mates sometimes wash everything, making it hard for me to  form a habit xD
The problems of today's generation.........  lol

• Like 1

Entry 16.10(Written on 17.10) 

Day 388: No Useless Videos
Day 387: Sticking to Food schedule
Day 279: Eating Only between 06:30 and 19:00 (Last bite before 19:00)
Day 46: Being in bed before 23:15

-12 pomodoros (Day 24)
-3 hours and 20 minutes of deliveries
-Calling two potential jobs

-Call apartment mate 1 hour in advance to ask him to shower earlier if I want to get to shower earlier as mentioned yesterday

• Like 1

Entry 17.10(Written on 18.10) 

Day 389: No Useless Videos
Day 388: Sticking to Food schedule
Day 280: Eating Only between 06:30 and 19:00 (Last bite before 19:00)
Day 47: Being in bed before 23:15

-12 pomodoros (Day 25)
-4 hardest exercises of the week of chest exercise completed. Even though not the whole chest and leg workout yet again.
-Continuing to train when going to the bunker, despite many people being there.

-The same as yesterday, but better talk with him before workout, since the workout lasts more than 1 hour

• Like 1
  • Like 1

Entry 18.10(Written on 19.10) 

Day 390: No Useless Videos
Day 389: Sticking to Food schedule
Day 281: Eating Only between 06:30 and 19:00 (Last bite before 19:00)
Day 48: Being in bed before 23:15

-12 pomodoros (Day 26)
-Calling apartment mate half an hour in advance regarding shower
-Going to replace break pads of bike even though shop turned out to be closed (and I was told it was still their working hours)

-Focus on measuring where I am losing minutes and write all of this down in daily schedule. Knowledge is essential for me to now where to improve

• Like 1

Entry 19.10(Written on 20.10) 

Day 391: No Useless Videos
Day 390: Sticking to Food schedule
Day 282: Eating Only between 06:30 and 19:00 (Last bite before 19:00)
Day 49: Being in bed before 23:15

-12 pomodoros (Day 27)
-Sending a few CVs when extra tired
-Despite the "weak" voice in my mind which was asking me to postpone workout to sunday
Background: Which happened because I only had about 3 hours and a half left of theplanned 5 because of waking up at 08 15 instead of the usual 07 15 (I planned for it in the day before to get 8 hous of sleep) and then also because of answering a call almost at the end of a pomodoro mainly, among other things...

-Place some parts of morning routine in the afternoon(change routine, in order to have a bigger space between lunch and bike riding as a courier/workout when I'll have it in other days in order to prevent acid reflux

Documenting where I lost time:
-1 minute in cooking edamame in the morning
-2 minutes in Gratitude and other prompts of think and grow rich
-8 minutes while making outgoing call to a potential job place(insurance agency
-15 minutes (30 instead of 15) while preparing meal in morning (not cooking on stove)
-13 minutes for receiving call from potential job place
-29 minutes another call from potential job place
-14 other stretches of pauses
-15 minutes preparing dinner (no cook)

Total 1 hour 37 minutes.
Edit: All that is just until about 18 00, after that I didn't write down measures. (Probably some time was lost in visualization,and plates

Edited by Yan
Another edit of date the entry was written on besides the bottom one
  • Like 1

Entry 20.10(Written on 21.10) 

Day 392: No Useless Videos
Day 391: Sticking to Food schedule
Day 283: Eating Only between 06:30 and 19:00 (Last bite before 19:00)
Day 50: Being in bed before 23:15

-12 pomodoros (Day 28)
-Waking up at 04 15 and finishing all the week's workouts (Yay, not going into a further workout debt 🙂 )
-Going to bike store to replace break pads for bike

-Got a little carried away at bike store, it took me 1 hour 15 minutes instead of the planned 40, next time plan to ask for additional questions time right after the task I go there to do, then, stick to that timeframe, don't be looking at the sales guy like he is the oracle and wait for remarks regarding bikes (I respect that guy he is a long time athlete, and in general care about my bike's well-being a lot, after all it was quite expensive and is my daily work vehicle)

-11 minutes on planning day
-7 minutes on Daily entry
-10 more minutes on very casually dressing ( I suppose)
-40 minutes (aprox) on prolonging workout
-15 minutes preparing breakfast
-35 minutes going to bike shop+taking unplanned shower
-32 minutes on pomodoro breaks (mostly for preparing food)

Total 2 hours 30 minutes.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Yan said:

Entry 20.10(Written on 21.10) 

Day 392: No Useless Videos
Day 391: Sticking to Food schedule
Day 283: Eating Only between 06:30 and 19:00 (Last bite before 19:00)
Day 50: Being in bed before 23:15

-12 pomodoros (Day 28)
-Waking up at 04 15 and finishing all the week's workouts (Yay, not going into a further workout debt 🙂 )
-Going to bike store to replace break pads for bike

-Got a little carried away at bike store, it took me 1 hour 15 minutes instead of the planned 40, next time plan to ask for additional questions time right after the task I go there to do, then, stick to that timeframe, don't be looking at the sales guy like he is the oracle and wait for remarks regarding bikes (I respect that guy he is a long time athlete, and in general care about my bike's well-being a lot, after all it was quite expensive and is my daily work vehicle)

-11 minutes on planning day
-7 minutes on Daily entry
-10 more minutes on very casually dressing ( I suppose)
-40 minutes (aprox) on prolonging workout
-15 minutes preparing breakfast
-35 minutes going to bike shop+taking unplanned shower
-32 minutes on pomodoro breaks (mostly for preparing food)

Total 2 hours 30 minutes.

You're incredible with your time management. Coming out of high school with a faithful digital watch, I was doing alright too - but I basically sprinted around everywhere like I was living my gaming offline, when I could have been using a bicycle. Props.

• Like 2

Entry 21.10(Written on 22.10) 

Day 393: No Useless Videos
Day 392: Sticking to Food schedule
Day 284: Eating Only between 06:30 and 19:00 (Last bite before 19:00)
Day 51: Being in bed before 23:15

-12 pomodoros (Day 29)
-Reducing almost everything from the day to make 40 deliveries and get the bonus (Even though I eventually didn't get it)
-At 22 30 instead of taking two more deliveries and not leaviing time for shower and teeth brush, dropping the last one(possibly two) deliveries

-It seems like the political situation might affect the amount of deliveries, since(I assume) possibly people work less and so are willing to spend less on deliveries. Whatever the reason, it seems there are less deliveries. I should presume that when some political situation occurs in my line of work, I may get less deliveries per hour and plan accordingly. Do not assume that I will do 4 deliveries an hour, but assume 3 instead. Although I have been doing it, but I have been allowing myself to slack in that regard, because I saw that I manage to do the 40.

Hopefully will write today yesterday's and today's details, not now because I want to fit within the 5 minute timeframe I've set for this entry

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wheatbiscuit said:

You're incredible with your time management. Coming out of high school with a faithful digital watch, I was doing alright too - but I basically sprinted around everywhere like I was living my gaming offline, when I could have been using a bicycle. Props.

What do you mean when you say Props? 🙂 Sound like you miss it, maybe you should return to doing it. Thanks for the compliment and following up on me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yan said:

What do you mean when you say Props? 🙂 Sound like you miss it, maybe you should return to doing it. Thanks for the compliment and following up on me.

People around me have often said it at the end of speeches - google says it means 'due respect', and I agree. lol

Yeah, but I also remember going into the city on my own with a maps application for the first time, charging around trying to follow its directions, like a quest-guide on a game I could have worked out slowly on my own. Time I forgot there was, occasionally.

Edited by wheatbiscuit
  • Like 1

Entry 22.10(Written on 23.10) 

Day 394: No Useless Videos
Day 393: Sticking to Food schedule
Day 285: Eating Only between 06:30 and 19:00 (Last bite before 19:00)
Day 52: Being in bed before 23:15

-12 pomodoros (Day 30)
-Including some morning routine stuff in the afternoon after lunch to give more space betweeen lunch and deliveries
-Doing a lot of longer deliveries in adaptation to the situation of low demand

-I woke up earlier for the third day in a row, thus cutting down sleep, the sleeptime in the last 4 days was 
19-20  --- 04h 15m
20-21 --- 05h 15m
21-22 --- 07h 15m
(22-23) --- 06h 45m

Remember that health is top priorty. Cutting down sleep is a lack of discipline and will turn out in less productivity in the long run.
Perhaps allow for less than 07h 30m once a week, but do not urn it into habit.
Especially now that I'm a candidate for jobs and want to have some of my mental power with me.

2 minutes - day plan
12 minutes going to poop meditation time + some day plan remarks
10 minutes GQ entry
12 minutes preparing food morning
47 minutes during pomodoros
19 minutes somewhere in the organizing for delivery leaving time (unsure but fact is I left for deliveries 1h 42m later than planned
11 minutes coming back from deliveries
Total 1 hour 53 minutes

2 minutes planday
8 minutes GQ
2 minutes bed
10 minutes food prep 
1h 39m pomodoro time (Mainly 57 minutes for answering calls from potential jobs)
(Most other delays are for preparing food)

For some reason something was not completely documented and actual time lost was 1h 52m when leaving for deliveries (So I added 10 minutes somewhere)
5 minutes back from deliveries

Total Time lost 1h 57m

• Like 1

22 hours ago, wheatbiscuit said:

People around me have often said it at the end of speeches - google says it means 'due respect', and I agree. lol

Yeah, but I also remember going into the city on my own with a maps application for the first time, charging around trying to follow its directions, like a quest-guide on a game I could have worked out slowly on my own. Time I forgot there was, occasionally.

So when are you going back to measuring? 🙂

Entry 23.10(Written on 24.10) 

Day 395: No Useless Videos
Day 394: Sticking to Food schedule
Day 286: Eating Only between 06:30 and 19:00 (Last bite before 19:00)
Day 53: Being in bed before 23:15

-12 pomodoros (Day 31)
-cleaning at apartment (Floor and dust)
-Bringing water which I owe to apartment mate

-I really must act on doing something because I know that by staying in this country and continuing courier work I am putting myself in a health-damaging situation. From tomorrow move visualization time to the morning and devote at least 15 minutes of it to job calls, or cv sending if I have no numbers to call

7 min - plan day
18 min - Diary Entry
17 min - prep food and make bed which i didn't writein schedule
1 hr 24m during pauses Including

(33 at preplunch because of reactivity to a remark of apartment mate,
and letting myself be drawn to discussion as to how all the "highly successful people" are putting days and nights work, because of her discounting it as something they "inherently have' 
****Got to reduce the expectation that people will not think that way, especially her.
Forget trying to convince her, it is natural that people think that way, in order to justify their own inaction, she is just a representative, it's a great lesson for future remarks of people on the subject. If they wish to listen you may give your opinion in a very modest and controlled way, but not let it trigger myself to such a long emotional rant.)
22 minutes late from bringing water
10 min from cleaning apartment
Other 17 minutes were lost during  5 min visualization, and 12 more during finances room organizing and organizing for deliveries
Total time lost 2h 23m

• Like 2

Entry 24.10(Written on 25.10) 

Day 396: No Useless Videos
Day 395: Sticking to Food schedule
Day 287: Eating Only between 06:30 and 19:00 (Last bite before 19:00)
Day 54: Being in bed before 23:15

-12 pomodoros (Day 32)
-30 minute run with weight vest on, despite the pollutionbeingrelatively heavy (I might do short term harm, but in long term completing the minimum workout is more important)
-Going for a bike inspection

-Lay in bed for 5 minutes? Haha, never works. Battle lost today. It is fine so long as it does not happen more than once.
Let the campaign against the lizard brain continue.

GQ entry (+6)
Food prep(+3)
Calling human resources of 1 company which opens an insurance salesmen course at 25.10 (+5)
Bring second meal part (+4)
More calls to the same insurance company and messages and call bike shop (+10)
Taking call from human resource company which may give me job suggestions (+6)
Bike inspection (+18)
More communications with potential jobs (This time two other places not just the 1 before)
45 minutes during pomodoros (Including 31 minutes because of a siren of bombing)
- 16 lost becase pomodoro cut in middle, 5 minutes more for goingforth and back and eating some nuts
From here on no documentation.
But I dozed off for 2 hrs and 45 minutes and just barely woke up on time tomake a minimal run accidentally

Estimated time lost:  4h 28m

Edited by Yan
Fixed written on date
  • Like 1

Entry 25.10(Written on 26.10) 

Day 397: No Useless Videos
Day 396: Sticking to Food schedule
Day 0: Eating Only between 06:30 and 19:00 (Last bite before 19:00)
Day 55: Being in bed before 23:15

-12 pomodoros (Day 33)
-Waking up at 4 00 in order to manage to do yesterday's workout (Completed partly - The harder parts)
-Because of being late from going to store, reducing nutrition to a plan as if it was only workout day, and going down from the three hours deliveries (Since I completed the workout norm today, and ate a meal plan as if it was only a workout day, It is within my values)

-It is better to sleep 7hrs and 7 hrs in two days rather than 10hours and 4 hours. Remember that the next time you want to lay in bed for "5 minutes" (Yes it was not today but yesterday, but i still want to focus on that.)

Important Note:
As you can see, My eating time streak is reset. It happened because I got very carried away with trying to fit 3 hours of deliveries, and noticed that I was eating at 19 02 only after the fact. 
Plus having 4 hours of sleep really does not contribute to focus (As I wrote in the 1 thing I could improve) - I also forgot to do a mental checklist before leaving the storeto make sure I didn't forget something, which also partly happened because of lack of sleep. Well, the streak was reset, but life doesn't, forward we go!

Don't want to get too much of the GQ entry time so I'll edit the post in some pomodoro pauses 

• Like 1

Entry 26.10(Written on 27.10) 

Day 398: No Useless Videos
Day 397: Sticking to Food schedule
Day 1: Eating Only between 06:30 and 19:00 (Last bite before 19:00)
Day 56: Being in bed before 23:15

-12 pomodoros (Day 34)
-Completing abs workout
-Overcoming sleep urge

-When having a sleep urge think "I'm gonna start very chill and warm up so I may start right now. It's a piece of cake," instead of trying to convince myself for 40 minutes and doing everything slowly to unconsciously avoid the start. (Or shall I say consciously already)

Sincere apologies for not completing it during pomodoros yesterday, but here it is.

7 minutes late Dayplan
1 minute late fluxchia
2 minutes late meditation
4 minutes late mental setting up
10 minutes Diary entry
20 minutes apartment meeting
20 Foodprep
34 pomodoro pauses (mostly meal prep)
87 store
Total Time lost 185 minutes or
3h 05 minutes lost

1 min planday
3 min lentils cook
4 min meditate
3 min entry
6 min visualization
8 min food prep
51 pomodoro pauses
3 cleanroom
7 finances
2 duo
49 approximately for going into bunker and then moving very slowly procrastinating on beginning workout
Total time lost - approximately 137 minutes 
or 2h 17m

Edit:
Food Schedule Update
:
Everything stays the same as in the entry of 11.10, apart from the fact that when sunflower seeds are out I may replace them gram for gram with walnuts, if spinach is out, no replacing it.

Edited by Yan
Food schedule update
  • Like 2

Another question for you: when you say you are doing pomodoros, what kinds of activities are you doing? When I set my pomodoros, I only do so during the workday but wondering if I should expand that. Do you set them when you are cooking, etc.?

• Like 1