NEW VIDEO: I Quit MMOs and THIS Happened

No useless videos for 90 days.

Yan

Entry 21.09(Written on 22.09) 

Day 363: No Useless Videos
Day 362: Sticking to Food schedule
Day 254: Eating Only between 06:30 and 19:00 (Last bite before 19:00)
Day 21: Being in bed before 23:15

3 Things I did right, no matter how small.
-Quickly and efficiently organizing for leaving for bus to celebrate mom's birthday tomorrow.
-Getting to a doctor appointment on time, while still managing to organize all things I needed to take with me to start couriership right after(Including dinner)
-Taking shower and organizing to sleep as plannd when arriving at mom's house

1 Thing I could do better 
-My arrival here was almost seemless this time, apart for the fact that I have forgotten I left 1 pomodoro unmade. And just now noticed it.
Well, everything has it's price...
The thing I could do better is of course do the pomodoro right after the doctor appointment instead of some couriership time. But I got carried away and forgot.
@wheatbiscuit, as you can see, always drags me down. But I had too much difficulty saying no for coming to visit her on her birthday. Even though all year long I\ve been thinking how to avoid it, still I'm here. But I do reduce it to a minimum though. half an hour of quality time yesterday, one and a half planned today and that's it. All that while still continuing my routines.

As One motivational speaker said something to the likes of: There are times when everything that can happen, will happen. Embrace it.
And as is quoted from Rocky:  It's not about how hard you can hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward, it's about how much you could take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!

Edited by Yan
Motivation quotes
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, wheatbiscuit said:

Isolation exercises for me are ones that only target one muscle well instead of 2 or more - e.g. front raises (anterior deltoid) and skull-crushers (triceps), as opposed to bench press (chest, triceps and some deltoid - a 'compound' exercise?).

My main/local gym can often be crowded/uncomfortable enough to not make me want to add a bunch of isolation exercises, after usually 1 full hour of compound exercises (my favourite being squats). I enjoy getting there and trying hard for awhile, but I haven't been maximising my time in that gym - another one in the city however, I've spent 2-3 hours in happily a few times. I think my 2017 to mid-2022 medication helped me ignore/focus better for that momentum in the gym - since then I feel a lot more socially concerned. lol

For fuel, I didn't even consider water as I kind drink it almost compulsively at the gym - but I meant glucose/electrolytes/simple carbs (a powerlifting friend of mine actually brought waffles), 'peri-workout nutrition'. Same story here with medication, during covid I exercised until I thought I'd pass out, always 2+ hours. That was back in a very nice gym.

I do body weight workouts mosktly apart for a wewight vest, that might explain why I'm not taking any extra fuel, my workout works my cardio to a larger extent than muscles. (Although it definitely works the muscles, but less than a strength workout) so no, I never took anything of those, in answering to your question 🙂

• Like 1

Entry 22.09(Written on 23.09) 

Day 364: No Useless Videos
Day 363: Sticking to Food schedule
Day 255: Eating Only between 06:30 and 19:00 (Last bite before 19:00)
Day 22: Being in bed before 23:15

-12 pomodoros - re-start day 1 (though I stil have the 8 pomodoro streak 😉
-3.5 hours of deliveries
-Mostly staying calm and accepting the situation when I saw that we're dead for my deadline of leaving a restaurant from mother's celebration.

-Even though I did take into consideration that I'm getting in a car with another person driving and I have no control over the time I go back, and did ask mother whether we'll be back by a certain deadline and whether she will give me the key for the house if we are, I needed to farther predict and expect that her boyfriend is doing her a gift and that with all her best wishes she has n control over what he has planned.
Having more clearly prepared for the contingency to run back home at my deadline. in spite of all that, and actually do that + tell my brother that if we go now it might mean we'll not have enough time left within the devoted limits to watch the things he wanted to tell me about on his computer.
(When the deadline came, I didn't want to disappoint mom by living in the middle of the eating, and wanted to give her the calmest hour and a half of celebration , which is not an excuse.)

• Like 1

Entry 23.09(Written on 25.09) 

Day 365: No Useless Videos
Day 364: Sticking to Food schedule
Day 256: Eating Only between 06:30 and 19:00 (Last bite before 19:00)
Day 23: Being in bed before 23:15

-12 pomodoros - day 2
-Finishing all 40 weekend deliveries, despite the time I used up for mom´s BDay
-Woke up at 05 00 to manage the day´s tasks

-It seems the nutritional yeast might be contributing to coughing. Try omitting it

• Like 1

Entry 24.09(Written on 26.09) 

Day 366: No Useless Videos
Day 365: Sticking to Food schedule
Day 257: Eating Only between 06:30 and 19:00 (Last bite before 19:00)
Day 24: Being in bed before 23:15

-Waking up at 03:30 to start the fest earlier, so that I'd have enough tme to do 12 pomodoros tomorrow after 25 hours of fest(Includes electricity, water)
-1 hour of deliveries and 20minutesrun to meet daily minimal moving requirements
-Cleaning room, and reflecting on life once fest began ( FYI it's judgment day in Israel, I just moved my fest to begin and end 3 hours before everyone else 🙂 )

-Give myself a clear 3 and 15 minute breaks limit, tomorrow I'll definitely need it if I want to leave enough time for shower and teeth-brushing before bed

Entry 25.09(Written on 26.09) 

Day 367: No Useless Videos
Day 366: Sticking to Food schedule
Day 258: Eating Only between 06:30 and 19:00 (Last bite before 19:00)
Day 25: Being in bed before 23:15

-Maintaining excellent "Flow"- The book Flow by Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi somewhat contributed to it. Thanks to setting definite goals in each pomodoro. And sort of losing myself. Not feeling like time moves slowly even a bit
-30 minute run a bit before the end of the fest
-12 pomodoros as planned with very little moving from the 3 and 15-minute break marks

-Instead of doing poop in the public toilet and leaving the water there unflushed (Oopsie) do it in some bush and throw the papers into a garbage bag too and not the toilet 😄

Entry 26.09(Written on 27.09) 

Day 368: No Useless Videos
Day 367: Sticking to Food schedule
Day 259: Eating Only between 06:30 and 19:00 (Last bite before 19:00)
Day 26: Being in bed before 23:15

-Completing a voiceover for Fiverr gig
-Doing workout with relatively few procrastination yet again and completing a chest and leg workout
-Physically going to a potential job place, in order to get an interview (Even though I wasn't invited, and eventually I did not enter an interview 🙂 )

-Background: The pollution + smokers are a deadly combination for my workouts, considering I do a lot of it outside on the floor. I can feel it in my lungs and throat.
Although I am not 100% sure, it seems to make a lot of sense that it is not acid reflux, which is the other possible cause for such symptoms I can think of.
That is because I finished my lunch early and it was relatively light this time (I finshed at 13 50 and Began workout on 17 45) - that is just a warmup and light run 'till 18 30.
Action: Do the workout at home, even though I'll sweat all over the floor. Health is worth it, even if it's just a little bit and ginormously effective.

Entry 27.09(Written on 28.09) 

Day 369: No Useless Videos
Day 368: Sticking to Food schedule
Day 260: Eating Only between 06:30 and 19:00 (Last bite before 19:00)
Day 27: Being in bed before 23:15

-Completing a voiceover revision and animation Script for voiceover
-Doing 12 pomodoros (day 6) - 4 of them devoted to the Fiverr gig
-Little short of 3 hours of deliveries, with a very short run to complete body movement norm.

-Write deadlines to myself for the time I devote going to store. I would have been a lot more effective in such a case. ( Because it was in the morning it felt like
there's a boatload of time.)

Food Schedule Update:
First I'll write it as it is now - so as to be up to date from My last elaborated food schedule post at July 16, then another as to how it will be from now on.
Breakfast:
Orange - 1 piece
Tomato - 1 piece
Cucumber - 1 piece
Edamame - 100 grams

Brazil nuts - 12g 
Avocado - 100 grams
Quinoa - 40 grams(raw)
(Previous)Cranberries - 25g  17g - Spreading them out to see how it affects sleepiness, because of it's GI-Glycemic index

Soy/oat/almond/alternative milk - 200 ml - removed a long time ago when started taking chlorella, maybe even a little bit before (07.08.23)
(Previous)Chlorella - 3 Grams approximately
Flax seeds - 12 grams
Chia seeds - 16 grams

Almonds - 40 grams
(Previous)Sunflower seeds - 40 grams

Salt - about 2 grams

Lunch:
Banana - 1 piece
Spinach/Broccoli - 100g (At Dinner days - those at which I do courier work - 5 out of 7 days)

Peas - 100 grams
Cabbage - 35 g
Carrots - 1-3 pieces daily, when not eating dinner, alltogether at lunch, when eating dinner, spread out. (200g approx)
Edamame - 100g

Red Lentils(dry before cooking) - 70g
Nutritional Yeast - 6 g  2g - To support Chlorella, just in case my body doesn't absorb it as it should  until I do bloodwork to test it
Almonds -  40g
Sunflower seeds - 40g

Cranberries - 25g 17 g
Peanut butter -  60g (At Dinner days - those at which I do courier work - 5 out of 7 days)
Olive oil - 30g
Shiitake mushrooms - up to 50g

(No dinner on Resistance workout days- apart for Tahini instead of peanut butter)Dinner:
Apple - 1 piece
Carrot - complete to 2-3 pieces

Rice(dry before cooking) - 70g
Cranberries - 17g 
Tahini - 50g 

Dates - was 120g at some point, then I dropped it to 80g
Salt - 2g

Edited by Yan
Added Dates

Food Schedule Update(Today's update):
Breakfast:
Orange - 1 piece
Tomato - 1 piece
Cucumber - 1 piece
Edamame - 100 grams

Brazil nuts - 12g 
Avocado - 100 grams
Quinoa - 40 grams(raw)
Cranberries -  17g 
Chlorella - 3 Grams approximately

Flax seeds - 12 grams
Chia seeds - 16 grams

Almonds - 40 grams
Sunflower seeds - 40 grams - too much folate etc.

Walnuts - 20g
Salt - about 2 grams

Lunch:
Banana - 1 piece
Spinach/Broccoli - 100g (At Dinner days - those at which I do courier work - 5 out of 7 days) No need for it, I'm getting all nutrients without it according to cronometer.

Peas - 100 grams
Cabbage - 35 g
Carrots - 1-3 pieces daily, when not eating dinner, alltogether at lunch, when eating dinner, spread out. (200g approx) On workout days only 2 pieces
Edamame - 100g

Red Lentils(dry before cooking) - 70g
Nutritional Yeast - 2g
Almonds -  40g
Walnuts - 20g
Sunflower seeds - 40g  - too much folate etc.

Cranberries - 17 g
Peanut butter -  60g 30g (At Dinner days - those at which I do courier work - 5 out of 7 days)
Olive oil - 30g
Shiitake mushrooms - up to 50g

(No dinner on Resistance workout days- apart for Tahini instead of peanut butter)Dinner:
Apple - 1 piece
Carrot - complete to 2-3 pieces

Rice(dry before cooking) - 70g No need for it. It seems to get my B3 levels high and other things in the red according to Cronometer. While my amino acids are all at least double the needed amount, including lysine for which I was eating it.
Also I used to thing I need to cook each meal, but where did I come to that conclusion from?

Cranberries - 17g (Cooked, not to be eaten Raw)
Tahini - 50g 
Dates - 80g 60g -Cutting down GI (Cooked, not to be eaten Raw)

Salt - 1g

Note: To finish my Sunflower seeds, Spinach and Rice Stocks, I'll continue the old schedule on fridays and saturdays, Where I burn the most calories.
Once out of any of the ingredients, continue doing it this way, then throw away or give away rice (Since there is enough there to last for a year perhaps( If I cook 140g every week, and I have a bit less than two 1.4kg bags it will take 20 weeks, and I want the changes to take place a lot faster. - something like 4 weeks, because I have 800g of spinach.

Edited by Yan
Removed two lines of intro which remained from copy pasting the previous update
  • Like 1

Entry 28.09(Written on 29.09) 

Day 370: No Useless Videos
Day 369: Sticking to Food schedule
Day 261: Eating Only between 06:30 and 19:00 (Last bite before 19:00)
Day 28: Being in bed before 23:15

-Full abs workout, and a part of the back exercises
-Doing 12 pomodoros (day 7) - 4 of them devoted to the Fiverr gig
-Finances and clean room time in the morning

-When placing mushrooms in the sun to absorb vitamin D,=, put them on the iron tray from the oven, not thei plastic boxes they come in (it probably melts and might be the reason I've been feeling throat pain after eating them)
Afterwards, may place them back in their original boxes or a separate plastic box

Free thought:
Yesterday a close distant relative passed away. 
An opportunity to express the thought "Memento Mori"
And ask myself: If I were to die tomorrow, would I be thrilled with what I'm planning to do today?
Since my main values are 
Health
Financial Freedom
Independence

My day includes -
1. Courier on regular bike about 6 hours, + food schedule. A little hitting the sleep, but it's fine so long as it's temporary
2. Doing a fiverr gig which contributes mto my learning of systems, and cooperation with others which may in turn help me apply those in my own projects.
3. Could be working a bit more toward independence, as I haven't sent enough job requests. Get the damn membership for 15$ at the job site. Even if it only allows me to send a CV to a few more jobs, if there's a chance of finding a job faster, it's totally worth it!

• Like 1

Entry 29.09(Written on 30.09) 

Day 371: No Useless Videos
Day 370: Sticking to Food schedule
Day 262: Eating Only between 06:30 and 19:00 (Last bite before 19:00)
Day 29: Being in bed before 23:15

-8 pomodoros for my own stuff, 5 pomodoros for Fiverr
-Purchasing a job website membership for about 15$ and sending 5 CVs - Even if It allowed me to send one extra CV it could be worth it, for it may allow me to find a job quicker, which may save me a boatload more than 15$
-Put mushrooms on the oven tray, instead of plastic ones

-Change my pollutoion mask filter (I've been wearing it since 27.07, now is 30.09. it states that it needs 4-14 week change depending on how I use it, and I bet I use it more than the average person.
What triggers me is that I'm coughing again after a ride, where I felt a lot of smells. I first attributed it to a lack of vacuum between the mask and face, or the fact that the mask is too big for me, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't like that earlier. In any case, it's worth a shot.

If I were to die tomorrow, would I be content with what I plan to do today?
I beleive so, In any case I want to finish this entry quick. So I won't get too deep on that...

• Like 3

Entry 30.09(Written on 01.10) 

Day 372: No Useless Videos
Day 371: Sticking to Food schedule
Day 263: Eating Only between 06:30 and 19:00 (Last bite before 19:00)
Day 30: Being in bed before 23:15

-Changing my mask filter, it seems to be smaller than the previous one (Note: still coughing after 6.5 hour workshift)
-12 pomodoros (2 for Fiverr)
-6.5 hour work shift at relatively high intensity throughout, because I had little time left to complete the 40 delivery norm.

-Look into preparing food for a week again. It takes a boatload of time to cook each time! (Even though I do for 4 days now)

• Like 2

Entry 01.10(Written on 02.10) 

Day 373: No Useless Videos
Day 372: Sticking to Food schedule
Day 264: Eating Only between 06:30 and 19:00 (Last bite before 19:00)
Day 31: Being in bed before 23:15

-3 hours of deliveries
-12 pomodoros - completely for myself
-Starting the new two-weekly nutrition(of regular days, since on weekend I said i'd do the old)

-When feeling sleepy, drink water and wait an hour(two pomodoros) before allowing myself to doze off

• Like 2

Entry 02.10(Written on 03.10) 

Day 374: No Useless Videos
Day 373: Sticking to Food schedule
Day 265: Eating Only between 06:30 and 19:00 (Last bite before 19:00)
Day 32: Being in bed before 23:15

-Full Chest and back and leg workout (Apart for one back exercise)
-12 pomodoros
-Having planned the day before even brushing teeth and measuring how much every activity took by putting on a stopwatch and hitting the mark button every time i pass a planned activity, it seemed to make me a lot more effective

Background+Action: My cough persists, it is a week and a half now. 
Out of the many causes and solution, the simplest is to try and move the peanut butter to breakfast, since it might be the combination of tahini and olive oil that contributes to it among other factors. And I'm remindiong you that I'm allowed to do it, since the obligation of sticking to schedule entails not crossing the overall daily boundries upwards. Lets try this out - since I'm writing only one thing here, that would be it. Tomorrow next ste; shall follow.

Edited by Yan
tahini changed to peanut butter, since today that's what I eat at lunch in the same meal with olive oil
  • Like 2

Entry 03.10(Written on 04.10) 

Day 375: No Useless Videos
Day 374: Sticking to Food schedule
Day 266: Eating Only between 06:30 and 19:00 (Last bite before 19:00)
Day 33: Being in bed before 23:15

-Having written a mail to the compeny which sold me the mask, to ask them if my throat pain may be related to mask and filter fitting, and if they could help me replace it for a reduced cost because of it.
-12 pomodoros
-Planning the next day in advance

Drink water one hour after food straight away, not wait 2 or 3 hours, the cause for the throat pain might just be dryness in the throat because of the mask. Test that
l

• Like 2

Entry 04.10(Written on 05.10) 

Day 376: No Useless Videos
Day 375: Sticking to Food schedule
Day 267: Eating Only between 06:30 and 19:00 (Last bite before 19:00)
Day 34: Being in bed before 23:15

-Doing a complete workout of abs and back at home (Apart for one exercise, which needs a bench or elevated surfafce)
-Planning the next day in advance yet again!
-A 15 minutes call with an insurance agent about a life insurance.

-Be less chill during workout so that I'd have more time to answer mail from my mask seller

• Like 3

Entry 05.10(Written on 06.10) 

Day 377: No Useless Videos
Day 376: Sticking to Food schedule
Day 268: Eating Only between 06:30 and 19:00 (Last bite before 19:00)
Day 35: Being in bed before 23:15

-Omitting dates and cranberries from dinner, because even though they're cooked, they gave me teeth pains as expected the first time I ate them as planned during dinner
-Making videos in order to send to the pollution mask support team
-Having planned the next day in advance yet again!!!

Background: I didn't drink water today as I mentioned in the 03.10 entry one hour right after food. But I am now connecting the cough and chest pain to acid reflux after all, since it has been a while that I'm eating a lot, and I also eat a relatively heavy dinner Right in the middle of a bike riding shift, so it makes a lot of sense, especially because I noticed the throat pain and coughing came after it yesterday, even though it was a small one.

Action:  Separate dinner in between the two other meals and eat nothing in the shift itself. Just drink water.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Yan said:

Having planned the next day in advance yet again!!!

I like that you plan for the next day. How do you feel that affects your motivation, mindset, and success? Are you finding it helps you follow through? Interested because I might want to try the same.

• Like 1

Entry 06.10(Written on 07.10) 

Day 378: No Useless Videos
Day 377: Sticking to Food schedule
Day 269: Eating Only between 06:30 and 19:00 (Last bite before 19:00)
Day 36: Being in bed before 23:15

-Skipping dinner as planned
-12 pomodoros
-5 hours of deliveries

Act faster in the morning to fit the schedule, it is a minute here and there that make all the difference

Edited by Yan
Nothing edited actually, just accidentally pressed save
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, FDRx7 said:

I like that you plan for the next day. How do you feel that affects your motivation, mindset, and success? Are you finding it helps you follow through? Interested because I might want to try the same.

Will reply a bit later, don't know how much later but later ;D Thanks for your interest

• Like 1

Entry 07.10(Written on 08.10) 

Day 379: No Useless Videos
Day 378: Sticking to Food schedule
Day 270: Eating Only between 06:30 and 19:00 (Last bite before 19:00)
Day 37: Being in bed before 23:15

-completing 40 delivery norm just barely, despite having about 6-8 sirens throughout the day, which burned time
-12 pomodoros
-Doing visualization in some of the bombardments which allowed me to use time with less waste

I believe the coughing as a helluva lot better since i started sleeping with some elevation and going easier on the bike if I feel full, that said two days ago  I coughed after drinking just water and felt some throat irritation.

I previously tested and proved that it might be due to the plastic bottles that are dissembling because of the heat,
but, because I also felt it today in the morning when drinking it from a cup and what my apartment mate said about the general quality of water I assume the source of water itself may also be a problem(the filtered water I have at home.) Perhaps I shall use the Brita filter I have despite the water being filtered

On 10/6/2023 at 7:38 PM, FDRx7 said:

I used to do weekly plans, those are the most effective in my opinion, but lately didn't have enough discipline to keep implementing.

That said, of course I believe planning a day in advance is more beneficial
-For one you may plan how many hours you need to accomplish what you want, and wake up accordingly and proactively
-Another benefit is that your subconscious goes to work on your next day tasks during the night
-In combination with putting a stopwatch for my tasks and hitting it to see exactly how much each of them took I earn just boatloads of time.
When you know what needs to be done and in what period of time it is absolutely more effective

Those are some benefits that came to mind

• Like 1
  • Like 1

This is great, thank you for sharing! I think I will start trying this. I begin planning my workday in the morning and it just seems too haphazard. I like the idea of your brain working on it overnight. I can certainly see the benefits of that. Thank you!! And nice job on all of your progress.

• Like 2

Entry 08.10(Written on 09.10) 

Day 380: No Useless Videos
Day 379: Sticking to Food schedule
Day 271: Eating Only between 06:30 and 19:00 (Last bite before 19:00)
Day 38: Being in bed before 23:15

-Sticking to two meals still, to test whether the acid reflux is what contributes most to my cough
-Drinking bottled water from mostly clean bottles to see if that helps the cough
-12 pomodoros

-Call potential jobs in the morning. Handing in CVs is just too passive (That is also a method for me to reduce work as a courier which is very likely also a cause for polluted air inhalation)

• Like 2
  • Like 1