NEW VIDEO: I Quit MMOs and THIS Happened

No useless videos for 90 days.

Yan

Entry 30.08 (Written on 31.08)

Day 341: No Useless Videos
Day 340: Sticking to Food schedule
Day 232: Eating Only between 06:30 and 19:00 (Last bite before 19:00)
Day 231: Being in bed before 23:15

3 Things I did right, no matter how small.

-12 pomodoros(Day 102)
-Adding my army service confirmation to my yearly income report, so that I get a tax discount
-Starting to check out how to use the external SSD for backup

1 Thing I could do better 
-Allow for more space in schedule for some things so that it would be more credible and realistic to stick to, otherwise I didn't believe myself I'm going to stick to it, since in it's first minute I already did something else, which eventually resulted in losing delivery time I believe and a lot of it.

• Like 1

Entry 31.08 (Written on 02.09)

Day 342: No Useless Videos
Day 341: Sticking to Food schedule
Day 233: Eating Only between 06:30 and 19:00 (Last bite before 19:00)
Day 0: Being in bed before 23:15 (Reset)

-12 pomodoros(Day 103)
-Woke up at 04 20 to manage packing my travel bag and do currency exchange
-Reduced my workout to bare minimum of 30 minutes run in order to make space for the above out of ordinary schedule things.

-Picked a flight that was earlier in the day of another date or at least taken that into consideration...

Note: My flight has landed on 22 45 and I was supposed to sleep at the airport to keep my streak. Though it took about 50 minutes for the stairs for the plane exit to arrive.
So although I did sleep on the airport floor as soon as I got off the plane, It would be a lie to say it was before 23:15

So it's a reset. Let the new one thrive!

Edited by Yan
Note+ Reset + changed thing to do better from figure out helmet on board bringing to considering another flight

Entry 1.09 (Written on 02.09)

Day 343: No Useless Videos
Day 342: Sticking to Food schedule
Day 234: Eating Only between 06:30 and 19:00 (Last bite before 19:00)
Day 1: Being in bed before 23:15

-12 pomodoros(Day 105) - finished at about 19 00 instead of the usual 18 00 deadline...
-Having made an about two-week grocery purchase for the whole stay in my father's home in germany after having slept for 3-4 hours in the last two days
-Technically it's already on 02.09 01:30 am, but I'll write it in yesterday's entry - A 30 minute minimal run, to allow for a bit of a longer sleep, plus a transition from an about 30 degrees celsius weather to 13 degrees

-Lack of sleep, especially for two days, has definitely made a drastic hit on my productivity and overall brainpower.
Next time when facing a task out of the ordinary schedule such as a flight, spread the preparation tasks in advance, don't leave it for the last day.
 so that I wouldn't sacrifice sleep for them.

Food schedule update: Up to 160 greenpeas instead of 100, 80g dates every day instead of only on muscle training days since there were no cranberries.

Edited by Yan
  • Like 1

Entry 02.09 (Written on 03.09)

Day 344: No Useless Videos
Day 343: Sticking to Food schedule
Day 235: Eating Only between 06:30 and 19:00 (Last bite before 19:00)
Day 2: Being in bed before 23:15

-12 pomodoros (Day 106) 
-When seeing I'm not managing to do a full workout yet again, doing a short 50 minute leg workout
-2 hour bike ride with father, I will not have many chances to do that, so better take advantage of it.

-Be more concentrated and planned during pomodoro pauses and preparing food

• Like 1

Entry 03.09 (Written on 04.09)

Day 345: No Useless Videos
Day 344: Sticking to Food schedule
Day 236: Eating Only between 06:30 and 19:00 (Last bite before 19:00)
Day 3: Being in bed before 23:15

-12 pomodoros (Day 107) 
-A tempo run - 40 minutes
-A swim in an open water lake, shaking a lot from cold, including brain fog etc. AWESOME! 🙂

-Plan for the deadlijne of starting the pomodoros to be at 11 00, not 11 30 

Edited by Yan
added date when it was written
  • Like 1

Entry 04.09 (Written on 06.09)

Day 346: No Useless Videos
Day 345: Sticking to Food schedule
Day 237: Eating Only between 06:30 and 19:00 (Last bite before 19:00)
Day 4: Being in bed before 23:15

-12 pomodoros (Day 108) 
-During visualization, focusing on it more, instead of doing other tasks with the excuse that they are for the goal of long term health etc.
-Finishing all pomodoros with enough time left for a full workout and more 16:30

-Avoid bed even if it is for one second. I got in there at 16 30 for visualization time, and ended up skipping the workout alltogether and sleeping for 13 hours.

Excuses include: Me not wanting to bother relatives during the night by walking around the house, taking the shower etc.
Truth includes:
1. I could have done it more quietly even if it were durng the night
2. I woke up at 20 00-21 00 not just 01:00 and still went back to bed

• Like 1

Entry 05.09 (Written on 06.09)

Day 347: No Useless Videos
Day 346: Sticking to Food schedule
Day 238: Eating Only between 06:30 and 19:00 (Last bite before 19:00)
Day 5: Being in bed before 23:15

-12 pomodoros (Day 109) 
-Trip with father to a pool to help him with his swimming technique
-Still doing a 40 minute cold swim in the lake with all the shaking and a 40 minute run

-Continue my efforts to make as little interaction with father's wife. Write down all the things I want to say and say them in a condensed manner once a day
Write down each interaction I start, so that I may monitor them. All that to make more time not just to do a swim and run, but also biking. I only have one training day before my physical challenge. Must do it next training!

• Like 1

Entry 06.09 (Written on 08.09)

Day 348: No Useless Videos
Day 347: Sticking to Food schedule
Day 239: Eating Only between 06:30 and 19:00 (Last bite before 19:00)
Day 6: Being in bed before 23:15

-12 pomodoros (Day 110) 
-Abs workout
-Walk with father

-Allowed myself to doze off again. Change the visualization time to somewhere not right after a big meal.

• Like 1

Entry 07.09 (Written on 08.09)

Day 349: No Useless Videos
Day 348: Sticking to Food schedule
Day 240: Eating Only between 06:30 and 19:00 (Last bite before 19:00)
Day 7: Being in bed before 23:15

-12 pomodoros (Day 111) 
-40 minute lake swim, followed by 90 minute bike ride, followed by 40 minute run. All in tempo pace.
-Doing some progress on computer system backup

-Begin swim before the sun is out for further challenge.

• Like 2

Entry 08.09 (Written on 10.09)

Day 350: No Useless Videos
Day 349: Sticking to Food schedule
Day 241: Eating Only between 06:30 and 19:00 (Last bite before 19:00)
Day 8: Being in bed before 23:15

-Very minimal back workout of about an hour and a half, close to the hour I was planning to devote to it in schedule
-Going to triathlon pre-race day registration and getting an effective road bike rented at a very affordable price.
-Doing two pomodoros on the way there

-Having taken into consideration that food might take a long time when eating packed food.

• Like 1

Entry 09.09 (Written on 10.09)

Day 351: No Useless Videos
Day 350: Sticking to Food schedule
Day 242: Eating Only between 06:30 and 19:00 (Last bite before 19:00)
Day 9: Being in bed before 23:15

-Participating in my first triathlon. Taking it with a one-hour swim in a cold lake in an unknown course.
-Insisting upon continuing the race even after a guy from the race crew picked me up because of cut-off time, which he happened to allow!
-Still having managed to do 12 pomodoros before 23 15 and Shower! Even though it was at the expense of a monthly coaching call I paid 40$ for and didn't attend.

-Very important lesson - Before a race day, do the track at least one time, better a few times. Even though it's an hour and a half away in public transport

• Like 1

Entry 10.09 (Written on 13.09)

Day 352: No Useless Videos
Day 351: Sticking to Food schedule
Day 243: Eating Only between 06:30 and 19:00 (Last bite before 19:00)
Day 10: Being in bed before 23:15

-Having helped father's wife with window cleaning as I promised to do on her birthday throughout the week
-Taking a walk with father
-Still managing to do a very minimal 1.5-hour leg workout

-Since it's a big house and some of my foods are far from the kitchen and require walks to get, I could have asked father's wife to locate them closer, even if it's for a day, and save some time in the process.

• Like 1

Entry 11.09 (Written on 13.09)

Day 353: No Useless Videos
Day 352: Sticking to Food schedule
Day 244: Eating Only between 06:30 and 19:00 (Last bite before 19:00)
Day 11: Being in bed before 23:15

-Even though triathlon is over, using my last day in Germany to do yet another swim-bike-ride workout, a full one at that. It took me about 4 hours
-When father's wife insisted on me cleaning the refrigerator at the same instance, even though I didn't know I needed to in advance, I insisted on waiting at least 20 minutes 'till the Pomodoro would be over. IF I wouldn't do that I doubt I'd even have time left for a 30 minute walk with father
-30 minute walk with father, plus stopping even though he wanted to continue, since I needed to organize bag before flight, clean up some stuff, and get to bed generally.

-Possibly still the same thing about moving the foods, I gave it up since I had only two days 'till flight, but I could still do it. I'm not sure how much time it would save me but it was worth a try

Entry 12.09 (Written on 13.09)

Day 354: No Useless Videos
Day 353: Sticking to Food schedule
Day 245: Eating Only between 06:30 and 19:00 (Last bite before 19:00)
Day 12: Being in bed before 23:15

- Waking up at 2 am to organize bag, and clean up all the things father's wife asked. Managing to keep all the promises before leaving for airport.
- 5 pomodoros before landing back in Israel + Visualization
- Doing laundry when clothes were stinking, even though It wasn't written in schedule, I believe it gave me piece of mind and save mental bandwidth, at the cost of just approximately 10 minutes

-I know I was on 2 hours of sleep but still, not scatter around too much with preparing foods and apartment mates conversations. I believe I burned half an hour there, which could have helped me get earlier from store and manage to do my full shower time and tooth floss and motivation

Food Schedule update:
Everything back to how it was before the trip
Edamame now is back to 100g a day since they're shelled, and eating cranberries instead of dates in breakfast and lunch
(During dinner on non-workout days 80g dates)
Peas today 160g, and from today on 100g
Tahini back to 50g if it was 45, although I think it wasn't
Cranberries still 17g in each meal instead of the previous 25

Edited by Yan
Food schedule update
  • Like 2

Entry 13.09 (Written on 15.09)

Day 355: No Useless Videos
Day 354: Sticking to Food schedule
Day 246: Eating Only between 06:30 and 19:00 (Last bite before 19:00)
Day 13: Being in bed before 23:15

- 1 Hour minimal chest workout, at least that.
- Taking out sofa of the guy who was in the room before me and left it, and is not coming to get it for over half a year. I wanted to take it out for a long time.
- 12 pomodoros (Day 117)

-To be less sleepy reduce the volume of water in flax and chia seeds and mix it up with the quinoa for it to bulk.
There's also the solution of continuing the Pomodoros despite feeling sleepy but better prevent the sleepiness from its core by reducing the food
volume, which I suspect with high certainty is the reason for the sleepiness (Which contributed to my dozing off for an hour and a half this day)

Edited by Yan
changing the word caused to contributed
  • Like 1

Entry 14.09 (Written on 15.09)

Day 356: No Useless Videos
Day 355: Sticking to Food schedule
Day 247: Eating Only between 06:30 and 19:00 (Last bite before 19:00)
Day 14: Being in bed before 23:15

- Taking a 50-minute call from a life insurance agent, to find out a little more about that world, despite the pain of not doing deliveries at that time.
- 3 hours of deliveries after two weeks without it 🙂
- 12 pomodoros (Day 118)

-Go back to the morning routine with 10 minutes of room cleanup and 10 minutes of finances

Edited by Yan
changing the word hour to minute
  • Like 1

Entry 15.09

Day 357: No Useless Videos
Day 356: Sticking to Food schedule
Day 248: Eating Only between 06:30 and 19:00 (Last bite before 19:00)
Day 15: Being in bed before 23:15

- Making definite goals at every Pomodoro, which made it more of a "flow" experience, where I feel like accomplishing something and also truly accomplishing something
- 2 hours of organizing room when found out that delivery app is not working
- Morning routine with 10 minutes room cleanup and 10 minutes finances as stated yesterday

-Instead of 2 hours organizing the room, also clean floor at least a part of the time, just as I wrote in the schedule when reacting to the unexpected change

• Like 1

Entry 16.09 (Written on 17.09)

Day 358: No Useless Videos
Day 357: Sticking to Food schedule
Day 249: Eating Only between 06:30 and 19:00 (Last bite before 19:00)
Day 16: Being in bed before 23:15

-Woke up at 1 35 A.M.(Ante Miridiem) to manage all the things I wanted to do
-12 Pomodoros (Day 120)
-About 10 clean hours of Deliveries( If subtracting about an hour and 40 minutes devoted to food)

-When finished with all of my tasks wait just a tiny bit longer, not drop to sleep on my stomach, and without putting an alarm clock.

• Like 1

Entry 17.09 (Written on 18.09)

Day 359: No Useless Videos
Day 358: Sticking to Food schedule
Day 250: Eating Only between 06:30 and 19:00 (Last bite before 19:00)
Day 17: Being in bed before 23:15

-Full abs workout, even though I was very late on schedule
-12 Pomodoros (Day 121)
-Morning routine with finances and room cleanup

-Track why breakfast takes me a lot of time - step by step.

• Like 1

Entry 18.09 (Written on 19.09)

Day 360: No Useless Videos
Day 359: Sticking to Food schedule
Day 251: Eating Only between 06:30 and 19:00 (Last bite before 19:00)
Day 18: Being in bed before 23:15

-3 hours of deliveries
-12 Pomodoros (Day 122)
-Lubricating my bike chain

-Omit sunflower seeds a few days to see the effect. I recently started coughing, plus I needed to reduce my calories a lot earlier, so I plan to still eat the seeds i bought but do it maybe once in two days... In any case this is temporary. The decision for the next two weeks meal plan will come later of course

Entry 19.09 

Day 361: No Useless Videos
Day 360: Sticking to Food schedule
Day 252: Eating Only between 06:30 and 19:00 (Last bite before 19:00)
Day 19: Being in bed before 23:15

-Cleaned up room floor after about 3 months of postponing it... While putting triathlon preparation in priority
-Omitting sunflower seeds as planned yesterday
-In 4 hours and 15 minutes full chest and back workout!!!!!! Wow, what else is possible when you don't procrastinate between sets? O_O (Previously took me about 5 hours)

-limit myself to 5 minutes and 15 minutes in between pomodoros without crossing the limit

10 hours ago, Yan said:

Entry 19.09 

Day 361: No Useless Videos
Day 360: Sticking to Food schedule
Day 252: Eating Only between 06:30 and 19:00 (Last bite before 19:00)
Day 19: Being in bed before 23:15

-Cleaned up room floor after about 3 months of postponing it... While putting triathlon preparation in priority
-Omitting sunflower seeds as planned yesterday
-In 4 hours and 15 minutes full chest and back workout!!!!!! Wow, what else is possible when you don't procrastinate between sets? O_O (Previously took me about 5 hours)

-limit myself to 5 minutes and 15 minutes in between pomodoros without crossing the limit

Wow - my longest workout ever was 3.5 hours with almost half of them isolation exercises. And today my chest and back workout was just 6 working sets of rows and incline press each lol. Nice work 👏 Any kind of extra fuel in the middle?

• Like 1

Entry 20.09(Written on 21.09) 

Day 362: No Useless Videos
Day 361: Sticking to Food schedule
Day 253: Eating Only between 06:30 and 19:00 (Last bite before 19:00)
Day 20: Being in bed before 23:15

-Getting to change my courier bag on time, 3 minutes before it closed, as it was completely torn.
-12 pomodoros, mostly with high "flow" and setting definite goals which are achieved or not for each pomodoro, which make me a lot more effective, and give a consuming challenge.
-Cooking dinner with only half the dates amount. Feeling a lot lighter with the sunflower seeds and dates removed. That's still permanent as of now and subject to change on the bi-weekly meal planning

-In the apartment meeting in the evening stick to the 30 minute timeframe, so that I'd have more time before sleep to devote to the next day day-planning, especially as it is a non-routine one...

• Like 1

22 hours ago, wheatbiscuit said:

Wow - my longest workout ever was 3.5 hours with almost half of them isolation exercises. And today my chest and back workout was just 6 working sets of rows and incline press each lol. Nice work 👏 Any kind of extra fuel in the middle?

What do you mean by isolation exercises?
Any workout is better than no workout. Stick to some minimum that you do not cross(For me it's 30 minutes of the sets themselves or even a light run. I usually don't get to that of course), once you have momentum going, you'll see how it is a lot more likely to build up over time.
What kind of fuel do you mean? Food? Water? If that's the case then - nope, none.

16 hours ago, Yan said:

What do you mean by isolation exercises?
Any workout is better than no workout. Stick to some minimum that you do not cross(For me it's 30 minutes of the sets themselves or even a light run. I usually don't get to that of course), once you have momentum going, you'll see how it is a lot more likely to build up over time.
What kind of fuel do you mean? Food? Water? If that's the case then - nope, none.

Isolation exercises for me are ones that only target one muscle well instead of 2 or more - e.g. front raises (anterior deltoid) and skull-crushers (triceps), as opposed to bench press (chest, triceps and some deltoid - a 'compound' exercise?).

My main/local gym can often be crowded/uncomfortable enough to not make me want to add a bunch of isolation exercises, after usually 1 full hour of compound exercises (my favourite being squats). I enjoy getting there and trying hard for awhile, but I haven't been maximising my time in that gym - another one in the city however, I've spent 2-3 hours in happily a few times. I think my 2017 to mid-2022 medication helped me ignore/focus better for that momentum in the gym - since then I feel a lot more socially concerned. lol

For fuel, I didn't even consider water as I kind drink it almost compulsively at the gym - but I meant glucose/electrolytes/simple carbs (a powerlifting friend of mine actually brought waffles), 'peri-workout nutrition'. Same story here with medication, during covid I exercised until I thought I'd pass out, always 2+ hours. That was back in a very nice gym.