My Journey with quitting video games so far

Hello to all,

this is my first journal after 19 days of not gaming. In the first moments of quitting video games I immediately felt anxious and stressed. After a couple of days it got better and at some point I didn't feel any cravings anymore. 

Before I continue I first want to say thank you to @MuMuMelon, @Le North Dreamerand @Pochatok for a quick reply on my first message in the forum and giving me some advice on my thoughts.

(as a backstory I played 8-10 hours a day)

When I stopped I immediately deleted all of my accounts and sold my hole equipment on eBay (one of the best decisions in my life so far). Now, I only got a MacBook for some office tasks if I need it.

At first I didn't know what to do with my time but soon I started to fill my day with some little activities. Most of the time I am reading some books. Im currently going for a run every 2nd day. Im really happy to see that I spend way more time with my family then before I stopped with gaming. As for some resting activities I like to chill on my bed and listen to some podcasts. 

I am really glad that I stopped with gaming. It just feels like I´m really starting live now. Im also very happy about the support you can get through the community in this forum!

Thank you so much for reading!

Greetings,

Moonlight

Edited by Moonlight
  • Like 3
  • Like 1