Stats:

Spirit: D

Body: C

Mind: C

Charisma: E

Discipline: E

Developmental Potential: A 

Meal Summary:

Meal 1: Omelet w/ turkey, ham, cheese, onions, and green peppers. Cup of oatmeal. 4 oz. of potatoes.

Meal 2: Chicken. 2 pieces of cornbread. Bowl of grape tomatoes. Potatoes.

Workout Summary:

Light day

5x2 Squat 230lb Pause

5x3 Bench 170lb Pause

3RM Chins 6,6,6

12x3 Back Extensions

General Activity Log:

Quests(will adjust as needed):

Did I take daily action?

Python-no Education-yes-X Money-no Charisma training-yes - X

Python-Objective: 5 programs at least, preferably something people can find useful. Daily action: 25 minutes to an hour learning about it or doing.

Education-Objective: Successfully build a new habit. Daily accountability. Learn something new daily or gain a new perspective on something. (YouTube, Reddit, Books, etc.) must be somewhat applicable.  

Money-Objective: Get an x number of customers. Make an x number of sales. Daily Action:_ Need to getting going on this :/

Charisma-Objective: Get better at social interactions. Level up Charisma to D. Daily action: Greet at least 3 people. 

Knowledge Gained:

If I expose myself to something, becomes a part of my personal narrative, regardless of how I feel about it. It becomes a reflection of myself.

Plan for Tomorrow:

Identify my opportunity costs. With a simple, “what type of person would do this/high value or low-value activity”

Edited by KO

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey it seems like you Focus on a lot of different activities in a slight edge style. I personally think it is better to prioritize things you find more important and Focus on them. I tried in teh past to do a lot at once (Meditation/Training/reading non fiction books/ studying/cleaning my appartment) and it always ended in days were I just didn't do nothign at all because it just annoyed me. Right now I focus on the two-three things which are most important for me and it works fine. FOr me personally this is meditating every day( My self-awarenes is really important to em right now) and studying(I am finishg my amsters and Need to eb successful to get a good Job later). All other things are excusable if I don't do them. This Approach makes me feel way better later and I also become more focussed and productive at the things I do. Maybe this could help  you too.

Hey it seems like you Focus on a lot of different activities in a slight edge style. I personally think it is better to prioritize things you find more important and Focus on them. I tried in teh past to do a lot at once (Meditation/Training/reading non fiction books/ studying/cleaning my appartment) and it always ended in days were I just didn't do nothign at all because it just annoyed me. Right now I focus on the two-three things which are most important for me and it works fine. FOr me personally this is meditating every day( My self-awarenes is really important to em right now) and studying(I am finishg my amsters and Need to eb successful to get a good Job later). All other things are excusable if I don't do them. This Approach makes me feel way better later and I also become more focussed and productive at the things I do. Maybe this could help  you too.

2-3 daily habits? And then x times a week habits? I'm trying to get into mindfulness mediation. How long do you meditate?How do you do it? Any type of sitting or lotus position? 

I use http://headspace.com/ for meditations. It is a series of guided meditation I started with their free 10*10minutes and right now pay 10€ / month and do the pro series of it which is a lot less guidance and around 20minutes. I like that it automatically keeps streaks and think the input you get valuable. I tried several times to sit in a special way for meditation but it was always uncomfortable and couldn't focus on the meditation itself. Right now I just sit relaxed in a chair and do it. But as soon as I am more secure about my meditation ability I will try to gradually switch to a lotus sit because it seems to be a good way to keep the right position if you flexible enough. I do simply 3 things every day right now. Write in my private Journal, Meditate 20-25min with headspace and study for 2hours (every workday). I plan my week also with kanbanflow and try to be overall productive. But I won't beat myself up if a day or two go to waste as long I keep these basic things going. I summarize what I try out and put explanations and extra information in my new weekly journal. This weekend I will  elaborate about my meditation practice and headspace.

I use http://headspace.com/ for meditations. It is a series of guided meditation I started with their free 10*10minutes and right now pay 10€ / month and do the pro series of it which is a lot less guidance and around 20minutes. I like that it automatically keeps streaks and think the input you get valuable. I tried several times to sit in a special way for meditation but it was always uncomfortable and couldn't focus on the meditation itself. Right now I just sit relaxed in a chair and do it. But as soon as I am more secure about my meditation ability I will try to gradually switch to a lotus sit because it seems to be a good way to keep the right position if you flexible enough. I do simply 3 things every day right now. Write in my private Journal, Meditate 20-25min with headspace and study for 2hours (every workday). I plan my week also with kanbanflow and try to be overall productive. But I won't beat myself up if a day or two go to waste as long I keep these basic things going. I summarize what I try out and put explanations and extra information in my new weekly journal. This weekend I will  elaborate about my meditation practice and headspace.

Thanks, bro, I'm going to simplify my daily routine. I'm trying to get back on track. Haven't relapsed yet but I'm thinking about doing it a lot. 

I am happy if i can help a bit. It was definitely hard to quit gaming. In my opinion the focus and the trust in the progress was the turning point. There is a lot of waht we could do. It doesn't matter what work ethic and what perservance we have their will be always more to do then we are able o do. That is why prioritizing is so important. Focus on the things which are important for you and stay consistent as possible. Even if it is hard and you have other things to do. Even if you seem to need the time to do smth else. If you trust in your priorities it shifts your mind. You want to do the things and you will feel bad if you don't do them. Because you know that you missed the most important thing of your day. The only thing that you always will have as long you are alive is time. That's why it is so important to learn how to use it. At the beginning you will prioritize the wrong things. I would advice you to think at the weekends  over your priorities and (if needed) reevaluate. This way you focus more on action. And only action will get you anywhere.

1/23/2017
Stats:
Charisma: E
Meal Summary:
Trash from the vending machine 
Workout Summary:
N/A
General Activity Log:
Morning Mindfulness for 2 minutes. Opened my eyes twice during the session, got anxious. Starting to focus more on breathing than my thoughts and environment. 
Starting to get stressed out for no reason, considering taking a break from school. Tempted to go back video-games to suppress my feelings instead of fixing them. What’s the point man? Didn’t bother going far from my room or do anything productive. 
Knowledge Gained: 
Thoughts having power doesn’t seem like hippy guru bullshit anymore. My mindset is so negative it’s starting to hurt me physically. 
Plan for Tomorrow:

Lay off the entertainment and take the time to do some introspection instead. 

1/29/2017

Stats:

Meal Summary:

Meal 1: Sweet Potatoes. Broccoli. Green beans. Bacon. Eggs. Potatoes. Water.

Workout Summary:

De-load week

335lb 5RM Squat

240lb 3RM Bench

185lb 3x5 Power Clean

General Activity Log:

Keeping up with my daily journal entries again.

1-minute mindfulness meditation. My eyes prematurely opened. I was too anxious during the session.

5-minute mindfulness meditation. Focused on the flow of my breath.

Knowledge Gained:

In general, there is never a right time to do something. Need to remember this the next time I blow off anything I need to do.

"What is today but yesterday's tomorrow?" 

1/30/2017
Stats:
Meal Summary:
Meal 1: Flat bread pizza. White rice. Orange chicken. Broccoli. Grape tomatoes. 
Meal 2: Flat bread pizza. Sweet potatoes. Hash browns. Broccoli. Grape tomatoes. Spinach. Raisins. Granola. 
Workout Summary:
5x5 300lb Squat. No changes
5x5 120lb Press(Overhead). Last reps were grinders.
5x1 365lb Deadlift (Double Hook Grip). No changes
General Activity Log:
Mindfulness mediation is getting much easier. I’m going to increase the daily sessions by one minute every two weeks. 
Daily action for 5-programs: Did 25 minutes of learning/coding in Python. 
Didn’t do the daily action for my systems/goals. 
Knowledge Gained: 
A lot of my knowledge gains are lessons I’ve already learned but failed to internalize. I’ll keep on regurgitating them until I internalize them. 
Plan for Tomorrow:
G.S.D. 

Hey, why are both your charisma and discipline so low marked? Do you need any advice on that? I want to you gain at least B on both of them :)

Greetings, Mad Pharmacist

I've been abstaining video games but I find other ways to slack off. Charisma is still pretty low, I rarely initiate conversations or speak to people other than friends and family. My introversion and monkey brain can fuck off.

Hey, why are both your charisma and discipline so low marked? Do you need any advice on that? I want to you gain at least B on both of them :)

I've been abstaining video games but I find other ways to slack off. Charisma is still pretty low, I rarely initiate conversations or speak to people other than friends and family. My introversion and monkey brain can fuck off.

Well, it depends if you want to change this state or not. But if you do, I have a task for you.

Say "Hello" to stranger (it can be man or woman) and that's it!

Sometimes you'll not get response, but in most you will! Trust me! :)

Do it 3 times a day 5 days a week and tell me how it goes.

Obviously, if you want to change your Charisma stat :D

Well, it depends if you want to change this state or not. But if you do, I have a task for you.

Say "Hello" to stranger (it can be man or woman) and that's it!

Sometimes you'll not get response, but in most you will! Trust me! :)

Do it 3 times a day 5 days a week and tell me how it goes.

Obviously, if you want to change your Charisma stat :D

Challenge accepted. 

2/3/2017
Stats:
Meal Summary:
Meal 1: Tea. Water. 4oz eggs. Omelets with spinach, onions, turkey. Banana. Bowl of fruit. 
Meal 2: Cheesesteak. Pickles. Fries. 
Meal 3: Chicken. Green beans. Potatoes. Turkey sandwich. Flat bread pizza. 
Workout Summary:
350lb 5RM Squat-No changes 
145lb 3RM Overhead Press-Grinder, OHP progression is stalling 
200lb Power Clean 3x5-No changes 
General Activity Log:
5 minutes’ mindfulness meditation. Made new friend today over a shirt I wore today, the conversation didn’t become awkward the end. 
25 minutes+ of Python done. Finished the chapter, on basic flow control statements after putting it off for so long @_@. 
Worked on business? Nope 
Knowledge Gained: 
N/A
Plan for Tomorrow:

GSD

2/6/2017

Stats:

Meal Summary:

Mostly junk such as fries.

Workout Summary:

Squat 305lb. 5x5 Missed a few reps at the last set. Made them up.

Bench 200lb. 5x5 Didn’t warm up. Failed at the last set. Almost died if two guys didn’t notice, god bless them. Despite the situation, we ended up laughing about it.  Note to self. Bring and lift with a spotter.

Deadlift 370lb. Double overhand grip. No changes

General Activity Log:

2/3 strangers greeted. Both responded  

Knowledge Gained:

2 minutes of mindfulness meditation

No more contrasting showers, jumping in cold and leaving cold. Didn’t make time for my hobbies/goals again. Getting absolutely rekted by school. :/

The gym fail reminded me that my time is still ticking, I’m not invincible, my time will come, blah blah, *more incoherent unintelligible writing from ya boy*

Plan for Tomorrow:

GSD!

2/6/2017

Stats:

Meal Summary:

Workout Summary:

Bench 200lb. 5x5 Didn’t warm up. Failed at the last set. Almost died if two guys didn’t notice, god bless them. Despite the situation, we ended up laughing about it.  Note to self. Bring and lift with a spotter.

General Activity Log:

Knowledge Gained:

No more contrasting showers, jumping in cold and leaving cold. Didn’t make time for my hobbies/goals again. Getting absolutely rekted by school. :/

The gym fail reminded me that my time is still ticking, I’m not invincible, my time will come, blah blah, *more incoherent unintelligible writing from ya boy*

Plan for Tomorrow:

GSD!

You can bench 200lb and you are body ranked C? That's one tough ranking system 

keep it up man!

2/6/2017

Stats:

Meal Summary:

Workout Summary:

General Activity Log:

Knowledge Gained:

Plan for Tomorrow:

GSD!

You can bench 200lb and you are body ranked C? That's one tough ranking system 

keep it up man!

I think I can do better or I expect too much from my self right now. Thank you, man. 

Hell yea! +2 to greeted strangers!

Collect 100 and you'll gain a special achievement from Mad Pharmacist! :)

It's called "Greeter level 1" :)

The day before yesterday I greeted three strangers. I got responses, two verbal and one non verbal. Yesterday I only greeted two strangers. Not comfortable enough to do a full on approach yet, only when passing people.

Edited by KO

The day before yesterday I greeted three strangers. I got responses, two verbal and one non verbal. Yesterday I only greeted two strangers. Not comfortable enough to do a full on approach yet, only when passing people.

So 5/100 done :)

It's good to do it when passing people, but if you'll feel it's not as uncomfortable as usual, it means you can make this exercise harder.

One of the best way to do this is to say hello to people on a bus stop. That's becuase you're waiting for a bus and you both will have to spend some time at the same place even if greeting will fail. But trust me, it won't.

Anyways, good job, and keep it up KO! :)

So 5/100 done :)

It's good to do it when passing people, but if you'll feel it's not as uncomfortable as usual, it means you can make this exercise harder.

One of the best way to do this is to say hello to people on a bus stop. That's becuase you're waiting for a bus and you both will have to spend some time at the same place even if greeting will fail. But trust me, it won't.

Anyways, good job, and keep it up KO! :)

Thank you :). I've been keeping to myself recently though. 

• 2 weeks later...