NEW VIDEO: What TikTok Does to Your Brain

Day 0

Objective 01 : Day 10

Objective 02 : Day 15

10 hours ago, Yan said:

Glad to see you're still at it champ. Though daily updates would be more effective in my opinion 🙂

Honestly I agree, but I can't seem to share your opinion when I arrive home at 8 pm...

I could maybe try to find the time in the morning, but frankly, I am just as tired in the morning, and somehow even more grumpy...

But I can try I guess

12 hours ago, Lemynaded said:

Objective 01 : Day 10

Objective 02 : Day 15

Honestly I agree, but I can't seem to share your opinion when I arrive home at 8 pm...

I could maybe try to find the time in the morning, but frankly, I am just as tired in the morning, and somehow even more grumpy...

But I can try I guess

You could just write a line or two, it could take 2-5 minutes. I believe you can prioritize it for this amount of time every day. What do you think? 

• Like 1

Objective 01 : Day 11

Objective 02 : Day 16

9 hours ago, Yan said:

You could just write a line or two, it could take 2-5 minutes. I believe you can prioritize it for this amount of time every day. What do you think? 

I think it's a great Idea

I don't know what 6am me will think about it though

Guess we'll see

• Like 1

Have you read "Atomic Habits"? It helps solving this issue of not having motivation at certain times through creation of "habit chains"... 

For me, the morning starts with watering all of my plants, then immediately going for a 5-min walk, then journaling while the water for my tea is boiling. Afterwards, I allow myself to be grumpy/tired/frustrated at the morning, but the first 20 minutes of my day are "automated".

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Lemynaded said:

Objective 01 : Day 11

Objective 02 : Day 16

I think it's a great Idea

I don't know what 6am me will think about it though

Guess we'll see

The difference between successful and unsuccessful people is that:
Unsuccessful people are waiting to feel like it to do it.
While successful people do it so they could feel like it. ( Don't remember the origin of the quote unfortunately )

• Like 1

Objective 01 : Day 13

Objective 02 : Day 18

On 11/21/2022 at 10:59 AM, Pochatok said:

Have you read "Atomic Habits"? It helps solving this issue of not having motivation at certain times through creation of "habit chains"... 

For me, the morning starts with watering all of my plants, then immediately going for a 5-min walk, then journaling while the water for my tea is boiling. Afterwards, I allow myself to be grumpy/tired/frustrated at the morning, but the first 20 minutes of my day are "automated".

On 11/21/2022 at 10:12 PM, Yan said:

The difference between successful and unsuccessful people is that:
Unsuccessful people are waiting to feel like it to do it.
While successful people do it so they could feel like it. ( Don't remember the origin of the quote unfortunately )

Well I guess I am slowly working my way to creating good habits, I just don't want to start with to many things at once, tried that a few time, never ended with success.

I am already trying to wake up at 6am

And to drop game/social media (and it hasn't been going to badly recently, yet)

Will start adding new stuff in 15 more days

• Like 1

Great structure and lots of goals is an awesome way to go about this.

I just finished module 4 worksheet Fill The Void.

I found this extreamly helpful because it reminds me of all the things I love to do that fulfill me that don't involve gaming.

Now having these, always at the ready activities, it will be so much easier for me to divert my attention to something whenever I am feeling that empty anticipation of the chance to play a game. If I am bored or stressed or lonely I immediatly have alternative activities to initiate.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Lemynaded said:

Objective 01 : Day 13

Objective 02 : Day 18

Well I guess I am slowly working my way to creating good habits, I just don't want to start with to many things at once, tried that a few time, never ended with success.

I am already trying to wake up at 6am

And to drop game/social media (and it hasn't been going to badly recently, yet)

Will start adding new stuff in 15 more days

I agree on building one habit at a time, but writing here once a day is relatively small effort, and this habit is key for the accomplishment of all the rest).
It's not really something separate but something that comes to support the others... If you feel like it interferes with the other habits, maybe it's not the right path for you. But I strongly believe it shouldn't be the case...

• Like 2