Jump to content
×
×
  • Create New...

NEW VIDEO: What TikTok Does to Your Brain

Day 0


Lemynaded
 Share

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Lemynaded said:

Day 1.1

Welp, it'll be day 2 in something like...  four hours and thirty minutes. That's nice!

I didn't have a lot of sleep... was busy working on a late night project due for, well... now. I feel like I did ok, but I guess we'll see what 3 am me did and how badly he messed up if he did (was that even a sentence? I dunno anymore...)

You know... I really strive to do more... which is just a fancy way of saying I wish I could work more...

Like drawing! Everyday I am like, alright, tonight, I am taking 1 or 2 hours of my time to draw! Let's do this! And I've been telling myself that for like 2 years... I haven't drawn a single time.

Maybe the problem is that ''tonight'' bit, I dunno

But I am in a good mood I promise (Promise ye hear?) Finished some work, used a part of Maya I never used before and the result... well it looks alright, I haven't done a lot of texturing so the result is still rough but it looks like whats it's suppose to look like.

So toodle, I'll be posting something else later tonight

 

 

The issue, I've come to realize, is to start something up. When you manage that it usually takes very little to continue the activity. The brain has a good ability of resisting new challenges but when we're finally in them we also want to finish and gather something meaningful from them. At least that's my experience.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Day 02

11 hours ago, Wildermyth said:

The issue, I've come to realize, is to start something up. When you manage that it usually takes very little to continue the activity. The brain has a good ability of resisting new challenges but when we're finally in them we also want to finish and gather something meaningful from them. At least that's my experience.

Yeah that sounds about right, just need to make it a routine somehow...

____

Also, tis now day 02, I managed to survive today, with 3 hours of sleep, I am dead tired, and I really want to go to bed. Managed to take some advance in some project, so that's nice. Need to work more on some other stuff... not as nice... 

Don't know how to fill those empty moments now that I am not surfing the web

Toodles, going to bed

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Day 04

Welp, it's day 04 now.

A bit less bored then usual, slowly starting to understand that fun doesn't happen on it's own, and that I have to actually DO thing...

still working on that (it's work in progress)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Day 06

Hey!

Getting close to a new full week! Nice!

I have been bothered by some stuff though... like... I don't use my computer for any ''fun'' activity anymore (and that's good), but I still procrastinate... that's annoying.

I'll start to look into ways to deal with this, I mean... that whole POINT of doing all of this is to spend more time doing the things I need to do... so if I just avoid them, there's a problem.

Toodles

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Day 07

Welp, it's now been a full week, hurray!

Things seem to be going fine today so far, should be able to hang in there (even if surfing on the web has been pretty tempting today)

Been thinking about being more active for some time now (yes, I know that's the easy part), and I think that I'll start by waking up earlier when I reach day 10.

Something like, 6h15? I usually wake up at this hour during the week when I have to go to school, but during the weekend or when I have a break... well it's a different story, and I would like to change that since it's been bothering me.

So the objective would be something like :

- Wake up at 6h15

- Make and drink coffee

- Do 15 minutes of work, just to make sure I don't wake, get down stairs and then just go back to sleep on the couch or something (yes I tend to do that, it's not the first time that I've tried to do this...)

Yep... this should do for now, I'll change the rule when I reach day 10, if you guys have any suggestions I'll be glad to hear them

Bye bye now

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Day 08

Mhhhhhok, day 08

Nice

Nice nice nice

Still bored, but honestly I am getting used to it, or at least I don't think it's affecting my mood as much, so that's nice.

__

I read an interesting idea when I was skulking around on this forum, something about a written contract/ engagement that you and an other person would sign. If you ever broke said contract, you'd be forced to give a set amount of money to that other person.

I was thinking that I could try to do something similar, but here, I mean it's possible to make donations on this website, so why not?

It would something like ''I engage myself to give 5$ each time that I fail to accomplish the goals that I've established on this forum for a period of 90 days'' or something.

I mean, it would certainly be a good source of motivation, and I'll need that when I add objective #2 on day 10 (the one below)

- Wake up at 6h15

- Make and drink coffee

- Brush your teeth and get dressed for god's sake (added that one)

- Do 15 minutes of work

___

Yeah... waking up is not easy for me... but I did wake up at 6h15 today, as a form of warmup, didn't do the other 3 things though... or at least not right after waking up

So yeah! That's about it for today.

Bye bye

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Day 09

Today I'll update the rules for tomorrow, I feel like this is a good idea, it might actually push me to change for once!

Aside from that, nothing to mention, today was nice

🙂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/2/2022 at 6:55 PM, Lemynaded said:

Day 08

Mhhhhhok, day 08

Nice

Nice nice nice

Still bored, but honestly I am getting used to it, or at least I don't think it's affecting my mood as much, so that's nice.

__

I read an interesting idea when I was skulking around on this forum, something about a written contract/ engagement that you and an other person would sign. If you ever broke said contract, you'd be forced to give a set amount of money to that other person.

I was thinking that I could try to do something similar, but here, I mean it's possible to make donations on this website, so why not?

It would something like ''I engage myself to give 5$ each time that I fail to accomplish the goals that I've established on this forum for a period of 90 days'' or something.

I mean, it would certainly be a good source of motivation, and I'll need that when I add objective #2 on day 10 (the one below)

- Wake up at 6h15

- Make and drink coffee

- Brush your teeth and get dressed for god's sake (added that one)

- Do 15 minutes of work

___

Yeah... waking up is not easy for me... but I did wake up at 6h15 today, as a form of warmup, didn't do the other 3 things though... or at least not right after waking up

So yeah! That's about it for today.

Bye bye

 

So those 4 goals are for starters that you want to do each day, and then you'll ad a new daily routine every 10 days?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not necessarily, I don't want to overload myself with goals until I feel comfortable with them, that whole getting up thing might take longer then 10 days, I've been having a hard time with that one 

But the objective is to eventually add more goals, yes

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Objective 01, day teeeein

Same old, same old

No game, no internet.

Didn't mind as much honestly, starting to rediscover a passion I had for reading fantasy books

___________
Objective 02, day 01

Ah HA

It worked!

I did a THING this morning

Fuck you morning laziness, my love for money OVERPOWERS YOU, HIYA

So yeah it went well and I am happy, cheers

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Objective 01, day 11

Still good! Still good, I want to do MOOREEEEEEEE.

But I know better, every time I give myself too many objective in one go it all come crashing down and then I have to restart, step by step, day by day, I can do this.

_____

Objective 02, day 02

Day 02 of doing something in the morning.

Not going to lie, it feels great!

After

After doing the routine, during it, it feels EeuuuuuuuheeeeeeeeeeewwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaCOLDeeeeeeaCOOOOOLD, iwannasleep

But it's working, I might even add an other objective on day 15 or something if I feel like I've got the hang of this.

Toodles

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/6/2022 at 3:05 AM, Lemynaded said:

Objective 01, day 11

Still good! Still good, I want to do MOOREEEEEEEE.

But I know better, every time I give myself too many objective in one go it all come crashing down and then I have to restart, step by step, day by day, I can do this.

_____

Objective 02, day 02

Day 02 of doing something in the morning.

Not going to lie, it feels great!

After

After doing the routine, during it, it feels EeuuuuuuuheeeeeeeeeeewwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaCOLDeeeeeeaCOOOOOLD, iwannasleep

But it's working, I might even add an other objective on day 15 or something if I feel like I've got the hang of this.

Toodles

What do you mean something in the morning?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Objective 01, Reset

Yeah, didn't work, so that make... 50$

Not doing this again

_______________________________________

Objective 02, day 03

This on the other hand is going fine, so that's nice

3 hours ago, Yan said:

What do you mean something in the morning?

Referring to  Update 10/03/2022 on my first post

Edited by Lemynaded
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Objective 01, Day 01

Today is day 01

Don't really know what to mention, feeling good though.

_______

Objective 02, day 04

Managed to accomplish objective 02 today! That's... surprising, I didn't get a lot of sleep these past few day, so I am happy that I managed to get up in the morning

_______

Still need to pay that 50$.......

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

On 10/7/2022 at 7:28 AM, Lemynaded said:

Objective 01, Reset

Yeah, didn't work, so that make... 50$

Not doing this again

_______________________________________

Objective 02, day 03

This on the other hand is going fine, so that's nice

Referring to  Update 10/03/2022 on my first post

Do you refer to the one below?

On 10/2/2022 at 6:55 PM, Lemynaded said:

Day 08

Mhhhhhok, day 08

Nice

Nice nice nice

Still bored, but honestly I am getting used to it, or at least I don't think it's affecting my mood as much, so that's nice.

__

I read an interesting idea when I was skulking around on this forum, something about a written contract/ engagement that you and an other person would sign. If you ever broke said contract, you'd be forced to give a set amount of money to that other person.

I was thinking that I could try to do something similar, but here, I mean it's possible to make donations on this website, so why not?

It would something like ''I engage myself to give 5$ each time that I fail to accomplish the goals that I've established on this forum for a period of 90 days'' or something.

I mean, it would certainly be a good source of motivation, and I'll need that when I add objective #2 on day 10 (the one below)

- Wake up at 6h15

- Make and drink coffee

- Brush your teeth and get dressed for god's sake (added that one)

- Do 15 minutes of work

___

Yeah... waking up is not easy for me... but I did wake up at 6h15 today, as a form of warmup, didn't do the other 3 things though... or at least not right after waking up

So yeah! That's about it for today.

Bye bye

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Objective 01, day 0

Reset...Crap...

this is humiliating

50...................................................................................................again

___
Objective 02, day 05

Still working so far

 

___

8 hours ago, Yan said:

 

Do you refer to the one below?

Well yes, but I also update the very FIRST post i made on this thread each time I update / change the rules

I add a paragraph like :

Update 2022/05/ 27

Today I'll invest in toilet paper

  ____

Etc.

So yeah, could have been more specific lol, probably was a bit confusing                                    

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Objective 01, Day 01

I feel like something clicked in my brain about this objective. Don't know how to describe it, like an alarm ringing in my head when I think about wasting time and procrastinating on the internet

Maybe that 50$ thing was a good idea after all? Too early to tell honestly, I'll have to see the results before making any assumption...

_________

Objective 02, day 06

Hey this isn't going too bad, getting near to a full week! Originally, I was thinking about adding a new objective on day 15... but I had to reset the counter on objective 01, so maybe I'll put that on hold until I've reached day 15 for both objectives.

________

Next objective I had in mind was about the amount of time I spend working on school stuff per day. In class we do something around 7 hours of raw works in total (break excluded). We also start at 8h30 am. Those are things I'd like to do on the weekend. I mean, I already pretty much do it, I just don't start at 8h30 am sharp, and that could use some work.

Bye bye

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Objective 01, day 03

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Objective 02, day 03

Edited by Lemynaded
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share