Sign in to follow this  
CornishGameHen

Did you play Single Player Games or MMORPG's?

Interresting question. I thought alot about it.

It almost always depends on your own playstyle habbits i'd say.

But for most of the people this is the problem (major problem for me):
If you find a really awesome community to play a game it is indefinitely harder for me to leave a game, compared than playing a singleplayer game.

So I say, yes they are if your a social person. If not, singleplayer is more addictive.
But statistics show, the majority does play singleplayer for entertaining purpose. Few people really sink tons of time into a singleplayer game compared to multiplayer games.
Lookup steam statistics, really interresting.

Shure, I know some singleplayer games I was completely addicted to. But after a while they where not that interresting anymore.

That correlates to the statistics, where more than 80ish percent of people play arround 2 hour a day min. Compared to singleplayer where it's only arround 20%.
Just browse throught the comments of this for example: https://store.steampowered.com/app/292030/The_Witcher_3_Wild_Hunt/
Where you see the ingame time of people.

Also the impact of an singleplayer addiction is propably not that hard as an addiction to multiplayer games.

For me nowadays: SP > MP
Becouse: Singleplayer does not Involve (gaming) work for other people to be respected. I wrote this more in depth here: 

Edited by creationlist

I can imagine this swinging either way.  I was MMOs.  But the main thing is that while you're gaming, you're being constantly rewarded, and there are no consequences for the choices that you make that last past your next respawn.  Gaming is primarily a way of checking out of real life for a while, like reading, partying, drug use, etc.  MMOs promise "friendship" and "companionship", but in reality deliver neither.  Single player - well I wasn't into that, but it's just a diversion.

When played responsibly, it's not a problem.  For us on this site, it dominates our lives and consumes all our time so that we end up in our 40's and we have no more real life.

I use to play MMORPGS. I've been using single player to help get myself completely away. I'm still relapsing, but too single player games. Obviously no games at all is the goal, but I find its alot easier to stop playing a game you can pause vs a big MMO that sucks you in and has a social element. Single Player still effects your brain negatively however.