NEW VIDEO: Letting go of gaming

I know what it is. Lying in a bed late night, scrolling down something useless, watching a video, then, out of blue a sudden urge strikes me like a lightning, I feverishly browse hot fat latino mommino and boom. I have a wank.

But why are people determined about nofap? I heard it`s healthy in moderation and so on (I just do it regardless) but can participants of this challenge enlighten me of the downside of giving it a good ol rub?

Edited by Xgamer

Take this for what you will--I am not a masturbation scientist (that sounds like a horrible job) nor do I claim to be up to date on said research. 

I am an engineer though, so the best advice I can give to you is...experiment. Try it, see what happens. What are the benefits? What are the negatives? Everyone is wired a little bit differently, so your experience can be different from everyone else's who posts here.

For me, when I'm on No Fap, I feel way more energy. I feel more focused. I feel more attracted to women and wanting to engage with them. I lift heavier in the gym. 

When I'm...uh...not on No Fap, I feel completely lethargic, craving sweets and unhealthy food, craving the internet, craving sleep, and being an anti-social loser on the day of, and subsequent days feeling less and less so the further in between relapses. I hate feeling like this so I make it a point to do the best I can in avoiding masturbation. 

• Like 3

I second @DaBest in that you should experiment. Set goals. Fail/succeed. Rinse. Repeat.

One interesting thing is that orgasm/pleasurable feelings are NOT the same as ejaculation, it however requires self-control to differentiate. It is useful to know for sex as well, so you know how to get the best bang for your buck (pun totally intended). Check out this blog for more information.

Personally, I think going for some indefinite No-Fap is unrealistic for a healthy male, unless you are:

1) extremely determined/disciplined - (to live in celibacy? until having sex?) I guess shame could fit in here too as inverse determination. Not meeting enough attractive women with your lifestyle could also be a strange case of determination.

2) affected by special conditions - I have a friend who is on anti-depressants whose libido is zero.

I think having a schedule in this case is a good thing. I try to ejaculate weekly. The last time I ejaculated twice in three days, I was HAMMERED the next day. I also experienced cold sweat and an increase in zits the day after ejaculation. Moderation is the key.

• Like 3