NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

From One Email To Cam

dullage

Hows it going? 

So yesterday let start there. So after work I knew I had to make the trip to my toastmasters event, and honestly I didnt want to go. There was something in the back of my head talking to me telling me to miss this one. So what did I do? What do you think I did, I ignored it of course. So I arrived early, like really early before anyone else. And took the time to set up for the hole event and yes It commented how well it was set up during the meeting and the person who normally sets it up got praised and I sat there very happy not taking any credit for the set up. So back to the event I was taking the time to prepare for the meeting and this gorgeous girl walked into the room, who I never had seen before, and she decided to sit next to me out off all the empt chairs. So we got chatting and its turns out this women has just moved here and is down for a year and then she is heading off. So she was recommended to experience a toastmasters and so here she was. After the event I got chatting to everyone and saw that she was waiting for me. Then once I finally got free form all the amazing people at toastmaster we walked out together and we got chatting again. Now walking with her I realised that last time somthing like this happened was at Thorpe park when I missed asking for this girls number and how much I regretted it. So I then just asked her as normally as I could "do you many a coffee sometime"? So she replied yes and I got her number and I messaged her and received a lovely message from her as morning. So Yesterday was very good, didnt make the same mistake again.

I woke up nice and early on my day of and went for a 2 and a Half mile jog the longest ever, on my 5k app. 40 minutes later when I arrived home I noticed the old lady opposite were I live, her door for was open. I thought of all the Jim Royn videos I watched and everything I read in the slight edge and took it upon myself to ask if she was okay. When I finally got hold of her, I assatblished it was because it was hot and then got told how she was having trouble in her garden with some plants. I told her that I would take a look. When we reached the garden she explained to me that the Ivey in the garden was overgrown and it had been like it for years and I replied I would go get a laser and take a look. I didn't take no as a answer. Im going to point out at this point it as 32 degrees today and its the hottest day in years but like Cam saids no excuses. While cutting the plants i realised how much we had in common and how amazing the older generations story's are. Beat (what I call her anyway) explained to me how when she was offered her house she was in now, beat went and viewed it and sat on the sofa amazed. When everyone asked if she was okay she said that she died and gone to heaven and could believe how lucky she was. We take so much for granted nowadays and this 93 year old women seems like she appreciated everything. What a great way to live life. She could not have been more grateful when I finished and offered to pay me and wouldn't let it slide. I explained that it had done more for me than she realised and the feeling I got out of it was incredible. Beat then said to me that if I didn't do another kind gesture this year it was fine as I done my years worth all in one. 

I also organised overtime at another shop for my days off so hopefully that will help financially. Today I learnt about gratefulness and faed my fear head on of asking for a girls number. If I can just carry that on and ask girls more regally, it would help in a huge way.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's amazing!  I hope you shoved that girl's number right in the face of your back-of-the-head voice  B|   So mindful of you to ask to take a look when the lady told of her plants--  I need to do that more often.

Thanks Buddy! Appreciate the feedback and the time for reading that! Makes the world of difference as im sure your aware when someone takes the time to read and comment on a post you have written. Ahahaha I sure did and you think about it now it was so easy. Only time will tell if I can do that again, I can't see why not! Or should I say when I ask for a another girls number next time!! :)  

2nd day of my 5k training app. Smashed it again today and accomplished my goal. Im feeling very tired after my runs and during the day but its not all bad. Why? Cause I'm more mindful everyday I'm here, so I know its my body telling me something. Its my body telling me it needs more protein? Needs energy? Its my job to find out! Thanks mind :0 

I've changed my meals to more healthy and  nutritious, I've also haven't  got so regular sleep since start of my detox. I must admit that this completely changed the way I feel, my mood and my trainings are better and brings more results. I advise you to check your diet and sleep, too.

23 days coffee free, been smoke free for 14 days and 12 days jogging in the mornings and up past the 2 mile average for every jog!! SMASHING LIFE!  So last night I found myself watching a film with some of the family (which previously I would have loved) but instead I couldn't find myself grossed in the film. Instead I felt distant from the experience and felt like I was not being productive enough. Anyway what I'm getting too is that I am now at the point were Im telling myself I need to be productive if I want to be in the one percent, who actually succeed in life. So the other morning usual time at 5.00, I woke up knackered and every part of me was saying go to sleep, and all of a sudden this voice out of nowhere reminded me "99% of people would go back to sleep right now but that 1% who gets up takes control are the ones that succeed". When I spoke to Cam about this he explained this to me in more complex and more interesting term. There is a difference between what you want and what you really want. Because what you want is to sit on you ass and do nothing but thats not going to help. During our call Cam did ask me what had changed and honestly I didn't know. But It was so simple, starring me in the face the hole time. Cam: The only thing that has changed is the voice in you head telling you what to do.

Im now posting in the mornings instead of at night about the previous day. The reason being is that I have demoed the forum posts for months at night, but I feel my posts are stronger if there uploaded at the train station in the mornings. Also by doing this it wakes me up in the mornings and prepares my brain for the day, sticking it in full throttle. Last night I spent the night doing nothing but reading the slight edge and, btw my favourite book ever. I then spent the morning reading more of the book on the bus and it did feel strange as no one else ever does it. But the part of the slight edge I was reading was about statistically at a funeral, at average ten people cry and the main reason people actually come to your burial after the service is the weather.  So why spend time worrying about other people think when at the end of it all its going to end up like that. But if you stick the slight edge in to practice it could end up with crowds of people at the end, hundreds morning your death. if you are in the one percent that improve there life skills and use the slight edge, whats stopping you being like Martin Luther King or Gandhi? 

While on the bus as morning I watched a event I can only say was eye opening. I watched generosity being put in to action. While a man got on the bus he did have enough money to get on, so a complete stranger turned round to this guy and without taking no for a answer, paid his way. Th guy was over the moon and promised to repay her, and actually he did. He searched though his bag, trying to rummage the money and once he found it, repay the women. I then watched how happy the women had made him and herself. The guy could not have been more grateful but attempted to explain how much appreciated the lady generosity. The women looked as if she was on cloud nine. Its was just great seeing third person what the slight edge looks like. 

Hey I read today through your last posts and thought about that feeling that you didn't enjoy watching tv with your family because you could have been productive. I think how you handle this depends on your personallity but I would be very careful if such things happen on a regular basis. If you only find value in "productive" things a lot of joy of life can be lost. If you are willing to sacrifice this for some time, to get an excellent result thats fine. But as a life modell this can be very dangerous and lead to you burning out quickly. I would recommend you a book cam recommended me. I fininshed the book play a few days ago and liked it very much. It is basically advising you to implement play moments in your life where you don't think about the result and just have creative fun. I know this sounds a little like video games but it isn't. It can i.e. mean to find playful moments at work or find a hobby which really empowers the rest of your life with the joy it brings(even if it isn't benefitting your health your energy or your career goals).

Greetings ;)

Hey I read today through your last posts and thought about that feeling that you didn't enjoy watching tv with your family because you could have been productive. I think how you handle this depends on your personallity but I would be very careful if such things happen on a regular basis. If you only find value in "productive" things a lot of joy of life can be lost. If you are willing to sacrifice this for some time, to get an excellent result thats fine. But as a life modell this can be very dangerous and lead to you burning out quickly. I would recommend you a book cam recommended me. I fininshed the book play a few days ago and liked it very much. It is basically advising you to implement play moments in your life where you don't think about the result and just have creative fun. I know this sounds a little like video games but it isn't. It can i.e. mean to find playful moments at work or find a hobby which really empowers the rest of your life with the joy it brings(even if it isn't benefitting your health your energy or your career goals).

Greetings ;)

Wow cheers dude, I can see what your saying. I do feel sometimes asif I have just over done it and I need to chill out, Also I find that I can be hard on myself a lot of the time if I don't complete a lot in my day. But on the other side to the coin I want to be successful so bad and honestly will find anyway to accomplish it. I know I'm not going to get instant results and I am fully aware and happy with that, but the sooner the better for a number of things. Like Jim Royn saids its like a beautiful obsession. But then again he also states it doesn't have to be that extreme. But what you wrote I can see how I need to play that into my life. If i'm not having family time then whats the point of it all right? I guess I need to find a happy medium between working and investing my time in important experiences, and learn to become great full for what I am Doing. Life is all about them moments and we are all trying to get more of? I will definitely give Play a read and will let you know how I get on. I can not thank you enough, I can only tell you how much I appreciate your time spend on reading over my post and replying. The advice you gave was great this is the best thing about the forum, you receive advice people would pay for absolutely free. So I am great full, thank you :) 

Yesterday I noticed something, I noticed that I am a lot more comfortable engaging with people I have never met people.  A thew months ago I would keep myself to myself and stay out of the lim light as much I could. Now days Im more likely to get my self out there. Yesterday While waiting for a bus one pulled up beside me and had a fault so it was not able to go. Now I must Amit I did stand there for a while deciding if to help or not but after ten or so minutes decided to offer my hand, and I eventually did. In the end the bus didnt get repaired and I didnt receive a thank you, when I finally jumped on the next bus that came along, but I was happy with that as it made me feel better. This morning im sitting here in a pub eating breakfast as im 2 hours early for work as usual and trying something different. Never been in this pub but I have served the manager in my shop a while ago, so I decided to greet her and wish her a good day. One of my Philosophy's make the world a better place!! 

Getting home today and we had a knock on the door and my God one of the most amazing door to door sales man I have ever seen. Anyway I let him finish his pitch and expressed to him how good it believed he was at sales and asked him how much he gets paid for a sign up. He stated the price and I told him that I would sign up. We sat down and started filling out the details and I raised my donation 2 higher so he got paid more and lied about my age just to be able to do it. 43 year old me haha. Anyway he was very very interested in my history with door to door sales and he could not believe I missed it so much and he stated how I was one of the only people he has met who loved it. But when I pulled out my note pad to give him a list of books I wanted to recommend he was shocked how I carried a notepad and could not get his head around it. Anyway long story short I gave him 5 pounds to get a drink and ordered him the slight edge to read and got it delivered to his house for tomorrow. Now I'm giving to charity which will feel great and I have gave somone the tools to improve thete life. If it is taken or not is up to him.

My macbook broke and on Skype with Cam he explained how I can't play victim to circumstances such as this. He taught me tonight that when I get annoyed or compare my self all I'm doing is playing victim and that's what the 99 perecent of people do who get no were in life. I will go into more death tomorrow about my call with Cam. Need to finish of notes. Great day and thanks to Cam learnt a lot.  

First overtime session at a different store today and wow it was worth every minute. I got there early as usual and spent the time sorting out bits I had bean meaning to sort out over the phone. So well done me. Anyways I was very nice at work today and was giving out a number of sales to people who needed them. I then towards the end of the day served a custormer, and got talking to them and the daughter and found out we live across the road literally from each other. Anyway after work and getting home I saw the house they lived at and stopped, then began to thought of all the times I didn't get girls numbers and how i promised myself on the group I would not let them haooen again. Then how much it would shape me if I got the courage. So I knocked on the door and cut the long story short, was invited in for a drink the dad gave me a load of fishing stuff and got her Number. HAHAHA in your face self dought not this time. And on top of that top got a long extremely well with a stunning girl who normally I would be afraid to talk to and even had her turn round to me twice and tell me how much fun I am and how i made the day fly by. Mission accomplish. Ain't no me feeling sorry for myself today. Thank you Cam.

Hi Guys 

So a hole a week has gone by without me posting on the forum. And why, well heres my excuse, its because i have been ill and me being ill never happens. I have been in bed dragging myself to work the days i did go in and coming home and getting straight into bed. And wow this week i have been riding the unsuccessful curve hard. I stopped jogging and stopped waking up early honestly stopped everything and I didn't like one minute of it. I felt like i was wasting my time wasting every second and was turning back to the 99 percent of people who don't work on improving there life everyday. Last time Cam skyped me i explained to him how i was scarred that this would happen and how I'm worried that i would stop, and Cam just asked "if i did stop would i be stay one the down downwards spiral, or now that i have seen what life can be like would i jump back in after i have had my moment. The answer is I WOULD HAVE TO JUMP BACK IN. So now i have had mom moment stopped feeling sorry for myself and am ready to go. 

Sometimes we will get ill brother, no worries on that. Remember what we spoke of last week, which is that when you have a week like this it's all about how quickly can you bounce back and get back on track. :)

Yes very true! its not like i haven't done this before and the first time is the hardest right? 

30 days coffee free, and smoking well I'm just finished with that, i believe i have been smoke free now for over 3 weeks and i know look at smokers and it makes me feel sick and i can't help but imagine some filthy taste in my mouth.

What i learnt going a month without coffee

So from drinking one coffee a day to none was hard but I know were i was heading and completed a month and wow it felt great. I did learn though that my diet relied  on coffee to much as 2 weeks in i struggled to go to the loo, and a week later was in a huge amount of pain and spent a week in bed, doused up on all sorts of medicine. Anyway without going in to too much detail i learnt that i need to eat more fruit like prunes, apples and oranges and also limit my coffee but don't wipe it. Which is going to be hard as i think i have gone of the taste of coffee. 

Today i spent the day trying to get some stuff back on track. I took some notes for toastmasters but am finding it hard still being on the aftermath of bring ill. Why? Im ready for bed a 8.

From now on i am only going to write positive posts on here, and only the good that happened in that day .