New Video: Unleash Your Potential with These Productivity Secrets

Time for something new

143 posts in this topic

Posted

Great positivity! Keep it up!

1 person likes this

Posted

@Mhyrion Thanks, and you as well, keep up the great work!!!

Posted

Day 6 

Today went well, just got home from work a little while ago so I didn't have any time to think about gaming. 

So tomorrow will be 7 days without gaming and I've been doing good. I've had a few times that I've been a little bored but for the most part I've been able to find things to occupy my time. 

I plan to continue on and fight no matter what, I no longer want to live in some fantasy world, but as my signature says Leave the Pixel World and Enter the Real World. I want to live life in the real world and to better myself rather than hold myself back with gaming.

Hope you all enjoy the rest of your day

1 person likes this

Posted

Day 8

Yesterday was a good day, no thoughts of gaming because I kept myself occupied with work and then when I got home I did things that would keep my mind away from gaming also.

Today has been a pretty quiet day, had to shovel snow this morning and then this afternoon I spent some time on the internet and also worked on my resume because I'm going to apply for a new job. 

This evening I will probably spend some time reading and may watch some TV. 

So today has been going good and I haven't had any urges for gaming. I'm going to keep fighting no matter what and not allow myself to get caught up in gaming anymore.

One thing that I have been neglecting though is myself in that over the last few years I've been letting myself go. At one point I was getting myself back in shape and I was doing quite well, but then I started to neglect exercise and eat poorly and the weight has been slowly creeping back on. Sorry for the rant but a goal I want to set for myself with the time I'm gaining from not gaming is to start working towards getting myself in shape.

Keep up the fight and work towards reaching your goals.

2 people like this

Posted

hey fellow Canadian! the weather's been freezing lately. But I hear it's gonna look better by the end of the week. Keep up the good work Steve!

Posted

Day 10

Today is going good so far, went out and got a coffee and some breakfast at Tim Horton's. Also took in one of my hobbies which is learning Japanese. I haven't had an urges for gaming so far today. This afternoon I have a few things to do that will keep myself occupied so I don't think about gaming. 

I've also been working so it helps so that I don't have the chance to think about gaming either but I will have the next few days off so I have to find ways to occupy my time. 

Since I've quit gaming I've found that I have more time to do things that I would have otherwise neglected for awhile. I still struggle with procrastinating about certain tasks but I guess over time I'll only get better at getting things done.

It's only been a little over a week and I feel better since I've quit gaming but sometimes I find myself spending a fair bit of time on the internet( ie. YouTube), this is something I also have to work on. Time is so precious and has to be used in meaningful ways. I have to find more meaningful activities to pursue.

I will keep working at making the changes. I know that it won't be easy but I won't give up. 

Hope you all have a great day!!!

2 people like this

Posted

Good job Steve! Thanks for sharing. 

Posted (edited)

Day 11

I don't really know what it is about today but I have been finding it rather difficult and have had urges for gaming. I've been able to fight them but it has been quite frustrating. I've been fighting with myself. I've been saying, maybe a little gaming wouldn't hurt but then I've thought about what I've been able to do so far. 

I'm really struggling and having a tough time.

Sorry for the rant but I feel as if my emotions are pulling me in two different directions. One part of me says to keep gaming and the other says to stop. I need to not let my emotions get the better of me. I know that it's not easy, but at times I feel like quitting and then I think that if I give in to the pressure  that I would be a failure. 

Anyway I will keep you posted on how things work out.

Edited by Stevec2283
1 person likes this

Posted

These days will happen occasionally, it's all good, just ride the wave and things will calm down. 

Posted

Hey sorry to hear that you struggling. Remember that you made a commitment to yourself to do 90days. Everytime we break a promise to ourselves our self-esteem is lowered another Inch. Sticking to this detox helped me alot to be more confident in myself. Don't lie to yourself and do Keep gong. After the detox there is enough time to think about going back to gaming

Posted

Day 12

I want to quit gaming but I'm still struggling and  I'm still feeling like I'm being pulled in two different directions and I feel like giving up. Maybe quitting gaming just isn't for me or maybe I just have too much going on in my life that makes me want to gravitate towards gaming.

Maybe I'm just making excuses to justify gaming or maybe I'm not really trying as hard as I should.

Sorry that I'm rambling but I'm just frustrated and really wish I could overcome these feelings. I really don't know what to do.

Posted (edited)

You just falling back in your habits now that the first excitement of quitting is gone. This is known as the two weeks hurdle. You did it long enough that it isn't new and exciting but not long enouhg to see much effects of it. If you look back at your first entry that is exactly yout pattern. Now is the time to break this pattern. Will it be hard? Sure. Can you do it? Ofcourse you can. It won't be comfortable or easy but it will get easier if you stick with. Why do you want to quit gaming? What did you want to achieve with it? These questions are important. Because it isn't about quitting games. It is about getting a better live.

If you go back to gaming I won't be angry. I know how it can be. But I would seriously wish you that you make it this time. Please think about what I wrote and answer this questions for yourself or here on the Forum. That's all I ask. Best of luck mate!

Edited by WorkInProgress
1 person likes this

Posted

I hope that this year will be successful and happy for you :) Btw, I love your avatar! :D

Posted

You just falling back in your habits now that the first excitement of quitting is gone. This is known as the two weeks hurdle. You did it long enough that it isn't new and exciting but not long enouhg to see much effects of it. If you look back at your first entry that is exactly yout pattern. Now is the time to break this pattern. Will it be hard? Sure. Can you do it? Ofcourse you can. It won't be comfortable or easy but it will get easier if you stick with. Why do you want to quit gaming? What did you want to achieve with it? These questions are important. Because it isn't about quitting games. It is about getting a better live.

If you go back to gaming I won't be angry. I know how it can be. But I would seriously wish you that you make it this time. Please think about what I wrote and answer this questions for yourself or here on the Forum. That's all I ask. Best of luck mate!

Well said Mario!

Posted (edited)

Day 13

Yesterday went pretty well, but there were times I thought of gaming. I was able to keep these thoughts at bay, rather than being reeled in. I left the house at around 9 am yesterday morning and didn't get home until around 12:00 pm, and then in the afternoon I did a short workout and then later in the afternoon I went to work. So overall yesterday was a good day.

Day 14

Woke up at around 8:00 am, nothing really planned for today as of yet. I can see one mistake I'm making and that is a lack of planning. Rather than planning, I just do whatever comes to mind.  

I know that today is going to be no different from other days in that the urge is still going to be there but I will keep going and keep fighting. I quit gaming for a reason and I'm not going to lose control and allow my mind to try to talk me out of it.

My day was pretty good, had some urges for gaming and still having those feelings of going back to gaming but I haven't caved in yet.  

Edited by Stevec2283
2 people like this