NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Day 14 - so many emotions....

MuMuMelon

I'm really glad that I quit playing video games. I'm proud of myself for finally doing it. However, quitting certainly comes with side effects. I used video games as a way to ignore the world and my problems. Now that I don't have this buffer in my life I've noticed that all of the problems I have are impossible to ignore. All my past shame and regrets come knocking at any time and I can only sit there and endure them. I realize that this is a healthier way of being but it can be overwhelming at times. 

It's also been a challenge as I don't have much else going on in my life at the moment. I work in the film business, but as of right now, that's non-existent. I very rarely get to see friends as they all have their own concerns and protocols around Corona. Life feels pretty bleak these days. 

I don't have a fear of relapsing or anything. I know things will get better for myself and the rest of the world. It's just right now, at this moment, it's tough. 

I wish everybody well. Stay quit. Stay happy.

Edited by MuMuMelon
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, MuMuMelon said:

Sure thing. I'll be honest I'm pretty new to things like these forums. So, should I just reply to my previous posts or just add (edit) my previous post?

Thanks

Yes, you can just reply to your post—your diary.

Welcome to the forums, @MuMuMelon! Congrats on finally quitting! I feel you man, I used video games to ignore my reality and I'm working in the event industry. Right now, since we're non-existent, I'm developing other ways on how to earn in case another situation like this will arise in the future.

When I quit, after some days or weeks of writing here, I realized I actually "have a lot to do." You can find yours too.
Good luck and take it easy! 😄 

Edited by chiliflavor
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, MuMuMelon said:

Sure thing. I'll be honest I'm pretty new to things like these forums. So, should I just reply to my previous posts or just add (edit) my previous post?

Thanks

Exactly what chiliflavor said. Just go to your original one and keep replying to it. You don't have to quote and reply your last post, just see how others are doing it. There's just so many people here and it's easier to track your progress and keep things organized.

• Like 1