NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

The Doctor's Journal

The Doctor

Day 6:

I'm still sweating, very anxious, can't stop moving my legs from time to time. 

I have been watching lot's of series, played with my son, pizza was nice. My Doctor recommended I start a new medication. Had my first dose and I hope I can sleep better today.

Lot's of gaming requests, haven't answered any. 

I just hoep this gets better soon, as days go by I feel worse.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Doctor said:

Day 6:

I'm still sweating, very anxious, can't stop moving my legs from time to time. 

I have been watching lot's of series, played with my son, pizza was nice. My Doctor recommended I start a new medication. Had my first dose and I hope I can sleep better today.

Lot's of gaming requests, haven't answered any. 

I just hoep this gets better soon, as days go by I feel worse.

What are you doing to deal with this anxious energy? Have you tried doing body exercises like pushups etc? Running? Something physical might calm you down and then you can do some deep breathing. Have you started researching new hobbies or activites to do with your son?

DAY 7 SINCE I QUIT PLAYING VIDEOGAMES:

Didn't sleep well. Followed BooksandTrees advice and managed to do some series of burpees and climb stairs. I searched for activities to do with my son and bought an inflatable pool and hanged out with my son, it was fun. 

The sweating and restless leg haven't diminished, they got worse today, had to take another bath and changed my tshirt twice. Got a new symptom today, abdominal cramps and strong headache. Most likely a side effect from the new medicine my doctor prescribed.

I'm not sure If I'll be able to keep this up for long. If I could work and go out most likely I'll be able to keep my mind occupied but the quarentine it's not helping, I was expecting to feel better as the days go by but I feel worse. 

Any insight will be most welcome, running out of ideas. 

16 hours ago, BooksandTrees said:

What are you doing to deal with this anxious energy? Have you tried doing body exercises like pushups etc? Running? Something physical might calm you down and then you can do some deep breathing. Have you started researching new hobbies or activites to do with your son?

Yes, I went and bought an inflatable swimming pool and had some good time. 

I had a friend who has RLS and he said running helped him sleep at night. For dealing with anxiety uhm. Lookup YouTube videos or read books on mindfulness until you develop a regular practice you can do everyday at a set time. Mindfulness practice, exercise, journaling on here and doing these everyday has been a huge help for me in overcoming anxiety. 😄  Also try taking 10 deep breaths. Make sure you stretch out your stomach while you breathe. I work as a counselor and am in therapy so I'm sort of credible as a source. Coloring books can help too. They're said to be therapeutic and there are a lot of cool ones out there too. Superhero, Manga, mandala, nature, animals etc. I hope everything works out for you I'll pray for you.

10 hours ago, The Doctor said:

I'm not sure If I'll be able to keep this up for long.

It is impossible for me to say right now, what exactely the cause of the physical symptoms is, might be something medical, maybe something psychosomatic. But let's focus now not, on what you feel like, you will not be able to do for long, but instead, what you could do now that is sustainable: What are your goals for now? If you know, what you want, then you can try to divide it into small baby steps. If your goal is to exercise more than instead of starting with a heavy workout, just moving a little bit more might be helpful. If pushups are not sustainable for now than maybe some workout videos on youtube get the job done. Or just stretching a bit at first. There might be many areas in your life to focus on, which could have a positive impact: Diet, exercise, hobbies, daily schedule the list goes on.

What do you want?