NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Relationship with my gamer-friends

Vooglet

Hi everybody. So the idea is that I have this company of friends who I've been gaming with throughout my whole childhood. They mostly play League of Legends now and are calling me to play almost daily.

The problem is, my sister is also there, and she gets upset when I reject the invitation and gets angry with me for ignoring them and not spending time with them.

It's been a reoccurring problem for a couple of years now and I think I cannot get my negative idea of gaming to her, that I feel regret about the amount of time in game. She suggests that it's my poor time-management to blame and thinks that if I rearranged my schedule, I wouldn't be so busy and could play. In addition, it is still tempting to actually go and play. A couple of games this evening, a couple - some other time..

Maybe some of you have a similar situation? Companies of friends gathering to play and wanting to know why you aren't coming along?

Edited by Vooglet
  • Like 1

Yes and not only in gaming. How do you react if a colleague at work is suggesting to complete a certain task in a way you disagree with?

Its very important to have healthy tested values because they help to develop a strong character and this enables one to navigate situations with confidence.

since you are on this message board, you have acknowledged you have a gaming problem. I noticed that as I matured I followed my values more than the opinions of my friends, family. However I never ignore opinions of the people that care for me, I listen to them and take responsibility for my decisions. I stat away from things that look doubtful.

What is crucial is to respect your time and care for yourself, that’s when you don’t have any difficulty rejecting something you dont like and people dont mind that either. 

Edited by Amphibian220

On 12/26/2019 at 9:48 PM, Vooglet said:

Hi everybody. So the idea is that I have this company of friends who I've been gaming with throughout my whole childhood. They mostly play League of Legends now and are calling me to play almost daily.

The problem is, my sister is also there, and she gets upset when I reject the invitation and gets angry with me for ignoring them and not spending time with them.

It's been a reoccurring problem for a couple of years now and I think I cannot get my negative idea of gaming to her, that I feel regret about the amount of time in game. She suggests that it's my poor time-management to blame and thinks that if I rearranged my schedule, I wouldn't be so busy and could play. In addition, it is still tempting to actually go and play. A couple of games this evening, a couple - some other time..

Maybe some of you have a similar situation? Companies of friends gathering to play and wanting to know why you aren't coming along?

Hi, I, personally, wouldn`t dare to play in moderation cause I know it will go downhill for sure. Going cold turkey is something every1 suggests. I guess it is like a tough break up where you don`t want to stay friends with your ex as it would hurt your feelings and stir crap up. In that situation I wouldn`t be able to stay friends with whom I loved dearly.
Here is the video from our lord and saviour ? Cam, perhaps, it will lead you to an answer
Stay strong bro, I am also interested in ur experience

I would do pushups while she is playing league.

And when I run arround like Arnold Swarzenegger She will see the benefit.

Also sport keeps you calm and healthy.
While doing sports you also do not think about the negative things in life that often, you try to turn them to good.

Edited by creationlist
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I think that there are other ways to spend time with your sister.  If this has been going on for a couple of years and she won't relent to the idea that gaming is no longer a part of your life, then it's probably something more to do with the emotional bonds you have with your sister than the game itself.

I think she misses your company.  I don't know if you spend time with her outside of the gaming realm?  

If I were you, I'd take her out for coffee, sit down somewhere relaxing and have a heart to heart talk with her about how your life is now.  And explain to her that you are very happy in life, but that you would like to spend time with her in hobbies that don't involve video games.

I wish you the best of luck.