NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Reading Without Falling Asleep

Wolf

Didn't know if this was the best place to put this. But hopefully the "Books" part fits well with this post.

I was reading earlier tonight, probably about 5pm or so, and after about a chapter I just layed down and passed out. As I was reading I was just getting more and more sleepy. I slept for about 2-3 hours. Some may say, get enough sleep, drink enough water, but I do good on both of those. I just need a real solution here.

This isn't the first time this has happened, and I really hate it because reading is something I want to do a lot more of. I have a book that's about 700 pages sitting in there and I can't hope to read all of that if I pass out after every chapter. 

Has anyone else had this struggle, or any insight into a solution? Please and thank you.:)

I am sure that you fall asleep because the content of what you are reading is uninteresting. I cannot imagine falling asleep while reading something engrossing or fascinating for you, no matter where you were reading, on the desk, in bed or anywhere else. Try to read some other book (one which really interest you, which you wanted to read for a long time, do not choose something boring or any "obligatory reading"), start reading it and find out whether you would fall asleep as well. If not, then the problem is with the first book which is apparently too boring for you. I cannot think of any other reasons for falling asleep while reading, unless you are terribly exhausted, which I hope is not the case.

• 2 months later...