• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Days without gaming: 33

Craving: 0/10

Social: 7/10 

GOALS

Main Challenge : Guitar

• GUITAR: 35.50 /50 (+2)
  • REWARD: Buy a Fender Stratocaster American Standard (I was planning to do this anyway, but making a challenge out of it is better!)

Challenge 2: Do productive stuff n things n such

• READ: 36/100 (+2%) Need to step it up !
  • Exercise: 5/16 (+1)
  • REWARD: None

Challenge 3: Explore new things and areas

• Cooking 0/5
  • Cycling: 16.2/100 km
  • Enroll in the online positive psychology course and follow the planned lessons (enrolled, didn't watch any lessons yet since it start in a week)
  • Go to the blues bar at least once
  • Go to the David Gilmour concert
  • Go to the coffee shop at least once
  • Go to the forest at least once
  • Get to know 1 new person, doesn't necessarily have to become a friend

What a day it has been!

Today me and my friend went to the guitar shop. Since I was going to get my goal already next week I wanted to order my guitar already. Well to make a long story short, I came home with the guitar already... It was cheaper if I bought it now and to be honest, giving my effort, I did earn it. I will still complete the 50h challenge obviously (which will be easier because I love to play on my new guitar).

When I came home I did some adjustments to the guitar but I couldn't play. Someone in the house was sleeping. I played a bit with my headset on but that doesn't sound nearly as good as it does when the sound is coming through the speaker. So I decided (given the nice wheather) it was a perfect day for cycling. I took my bike and went to a nearby forest. I saw a lot of beautiful nature and a lot of other people cycling. I really like to ride my bike where I've never been before, so like usually I got lost .. kinda .. I still knew where I was but not really. This lead to a longer bike trip than anticipated. I think I was almost away one hour and I did at least 15km, but it was probably further.

When I came home it was time to play my guitar ... oh man, she sounds sweet and she feels sweet. In the evening I had an opportunity do to out with a friend. But I didn't feel like it so I stayed at home to play the guitar a bit and watch some informational videos. I also contacted a guitar teacher but I'm not really sure yet if he can help me.

Unexpected things, but it was all fun!

Days without gaming: 33

Craving: 2/10

GOALS

• GUITAR: 39 /50 (+3.5)
  • REWARD: Buy a Fender Stratocaster American Standard (I was planning to do this anyway, but making a challenge out of it is better!)

• READ: 36/100 (+0%) 
  • Exercise: 5/16 (+1)

• Cooking 0/5
  • Cycling: 16.2/100 km
  • Enroll in the online positive psychology course and follow the planned lessons (enrolled, didn't watch any lessons yet since it start in a week)
  • Get to know 1 new person, doesn't necessarily have to become a friend

Days without gaming: 36

Craving: 0/10 I actually even almost didn't open my desktop yesterday and today

GOALS

• GUITAR: 43.5 /50 (+4.5) Almost there!

• READ: 36/100 (+0%) Not getting this goal.I just don't really enjoy the book but I still want to finish it (even though I don't know why)
  • Exercise: 5/16 (+0) Might get this goal but I really need to wake up right now! It's been busy and I've been lazy

• Cooking 0/5 I have been cooking but not new recipes. 
  • Cycling: 16.2/100 km If the weather remains nice I'll definitely still have a change
  • Get to know 1 new person, doesn't necessarily have to become a friend. I acutally talked to a lot of new people to be honest. This goal wasn't clear enough but I'm tikking it of since I feel I at least did meant.

It's getting hard to update this journal because I don't have a lot of desire to be on the pc anymore (which is AWESOME!)

If you don't like a book just move on to a new one. Maybe come back to it at another time. Sunk cost fallacy. ;)

True true .. well at least partially. I still want to finish the book but maybe I should keep it as a secondary book. 
Gonna start the 'inner game of music' again. I stopped reading it midway because I almost stopped playing the guitar and started overplaying games. Lets see if I can start and finish this book before the end of this month.

Days without gaming: 39

Craving: 0/10 I actually even almost didn't open my desktop yesterday and today

GOALS

• GUITAR: 49 /50 (+5.5) Almost there!

• READ: 4/100 (+4%) switched book
  • Exercise: 6/16 (+6) Worked hard in my house, was really sweaty and stuff

• Cycling: 16.2/100 km If the weather remains nice I'll definitely still have a change
  • Get to know 1 new person, doesn't necessarily have to become a friend.

I just bought a new book. It's called succeed! How we can reach our goals by Heidi Grant Halvorson.

I feel a bit uninspired lately and I feel this book will give me the push in the back I need. I really like the fact that she's a phd and academics seem to like the book. I've found that I often don't like books when it's not based on research. What annoyed me about the 48 laws of power is that the laws are phrased pretty spectacular and are backed up by some historic examples. I'm not an easy audience. I always ask questions and when it's to easy to think that the opposite the writer is telling me could also be true, I lose interest really quickly.

I feel the book I bought now will definitely change that. Also I want to set new goals and accomplish them.

I'm also thinking about starting a new journal here because I'm at a different place now. I feel I've left the games behind me and I feel it's time to reframe it. Instead of trying to stay away from something I want to move towards goals. I've got all this time now and it's time to act upon it. I feel ready and I feel I can make a pretty cool journal about it that's more focused towards stories a new period in my life, while this journal is focused on leaving a period in my life.

Days without gaming: 42

Craving: 0/10 

GOALS

• GUITAR: COMPLETED!

• READ: 4/100 (+4%) switched book
  • Exercise: 6/16 (+6) Worked hard in my house, was really sweaty and stuff

• Get to know 1 new person, doesn't necessarily have to become a friend.

I 'm back

Days without gaming 50 !

I feel I dont even think about gaming lately but I dont really feel good.

Atm while typing this I feel sick. I have a headache and I feel a bit nauseous. THe worst part is my arm is inflammated. I cannot play the guitar for 2 weeks and Ive already didnt play for a week. This is so stupid because I really want to play.

So yea I feel sick, I can't play guitar. This sucks but Im still having fun listenning to music and learning about gear.

Tommorow is the beginning of the new month. I have some goals:

- Lose around 10lb weight

- Play the guitar and improve

- Make new friends and maybe even set some steps towards a girl

Since Im changing focus I will change the journal ... 50 days without gaming is a good place to stop, but not feeling that great is a nice cliffhanger for the next journal I guess.