NEW VIDEO: I Quit MMOs and THIS Happened

I want friends S2

TheNewMe2.0

2 hours ago, FDRx7 said:

I used to have rep ranges from somewhere between 6-15 depending on the exercise (i.e., 6-8, 8-10, 10-12, or 12-15) but I've been feeling lately I need more hypertrophy, that the lower rep range isn't fitting my current goals. So right now, everything is somewhere between 10-15 reps. 

This is:

Lower A

4x10-12 Front Squat

4x10-12 Hip Thrust

3x12-15 Lying Leg Curl

3x12-15 Leg Extension

4x12-15 Seated Barbell Calf Raise

2x12-15 Reverse Circle Step (Cable)

4x10-15 Cable Crunch

3x10-15 Cable Leg Raise

Upper A

4x10-12 Dumbbell Bench Press 

4x10-12 Seated Cable Row

3x12-15 Singe-arm Cable Press-around

3x12-15 Close-grip Lat Pulldown

2x12-15 Lateral Raise (Cable)

3x10-12 Tricep Cable Kickback

2x12-15 Reverse Curl (Cable)

2x12-15 Reverse Fly (Cable

2xMax Deficit Pushup

Lower B

4x10-12 Romanian Deadlift

3x12-15 Bulgarian Split Squat

3x12-15 Seated Leg Curl

4x12-15 Cable Calf Raise

4x12-15 Dumbbell Pullover (actually using as a core exercise, believe it or not)

3xMax Ab Wheel Rollouts

2x12-15 Glute Kickbacks

Upper B

4x10-12 Lat Pulldowns (these were pullups but taking a bit of a break from those)

4x10-12 Standing Overhead Barbell Press

3x12-15 Bent Over One Arm Dumbbell Row

4x10-12 Incline Bench Press (Barbell)

3x12-15 Cable Crossover

3x10 Gundill's Shrug (superset, essentially)

4x10-12 Bicep Barbell Curl

3x12-15 Tricep Rope Pushdown

3x12-15 Barbell Shrug

I'm 5'11" (1.8m) 180lbs. (82ish kg) right now. Would like to maybe put on another 20lbs and see how that looks/feels but I don't want to go too crazy. If your muscles become too big, they become form over function and your body is less agile (in my opinion). To me, it's about balance. So, it's fine that it's slow-going. That's how muscle is built anyways. My lowest weight ever was when I was studying abroad in 2014. I weighed about 135lbs. (61 kg). I made the biggest progress when I was eating right, but I've been stuck at my current weight for a long time because I haven't been eating as much. That's something I'm addressing in my daily journal, as I'm beginning to rectify it. But you can see that long term it works. I put on 45lbs. (20ish kg) over the years and could have done more if I paid better attention to my diet since 2020. Not all of that is muscle, but most of it is.

Excellent detailed description of your training. That's a diverse portfolio of exercises there.

I'm starting to want to add some more machine work in like you're doing. Namely the lat pull, hamstring curl and leg extension. Of course that means getting up an extra 15 minutes earlier per day which is. Challenging. I need to be in bed by 915pm nightly to make that happen. Wish me luck on that lol, I haven't been able to get up earlier than 7am. It's just stayed there.

I'll checkout your journal I'd love to see how your food plan and bulking is going.

I totally agree, a bulky body can be muscle bound and prevent functional movements like in sports or even daily life tasks. My friend at the gym said he couldn't *ahem wipe his butt without help. I'll never get to that point because my girlfriend puts up with enough of my flaws as is without doing that for me lol.

Your post makes me want to give dumbbell bench press a try. Maybe it'll be easier on the shoulders then a flat bench. What's the reason you prefer it to the barbell bench?

That's awesome we basically made the same progression weight/height wise. It really does work to help gain muscle mass. Some dudes at the gym are so huge. It makes me want to get bigger. What you're saying is a healthy dose of reality in that it's not always healthy to get bigger at a certain point. I'll assess each step of the way too. Gonna try out more hypertrophy and dumbbell bench now.

What country are you in? I'm in the USA. I noticed you know how to do kilogram conversions.

What was your diet like when you were making your best progress? IE: lots of veggies or tuna?

Yay it's the funnest journal ever muahahaha >: D

Ommmm I didn't gym today because I had a dental appt in the morning instead.

It's cool though. The beauty of working out in the morning is that if I miss it I can make it up that day in the evening. No missed days!

Although I should probably intentionally miss a whole week at some point to just rest and recover. I'll just like take lots of walks and yoga flows instead. Sounds like a laid back week.

Yea so I'm thinking instead of gym I'll use my apartment gym tonight. Even though I don't like it as much....yea forget it I'll just go to my main gym. The elipticals are calling my name 😛

Fat loss and muscle gain come slow so I'll try to keep at it. It'd be cool to tryout the fancy habit trackers I see everyone having on here. I do it all with not much more than memory. I have a good memory though and that seems to help it stay sharp. Of course tracking would be more accurate. My memory doth not beat a computers.

Right bulma's back (call my partner bulma on here) thursday. Cool phew. I miss that girl a lot. Darn. I can feel those sort of urges spiking whenever she leaves. They calm down though after I meditate and watch some shonen. That always works for me. Sometimes it takes a few rounds though heh.

Right I'm feeling good about all my grinds now. I'm hoping a db bench will be easier on my joints since I have to do a ton of extra warmup before barbell bench. If I could just do a normal warmup for db bench then I could get a lot more sets done. That'd be sweet for hypertrophy. Ugh I miss the gym. That's a good thing though. When I was going like 5 days or more a week I would not want to go and have to push myself in the door. Which really made it miserable.

4 days a week program now is so much better and I'm not as tired. I really miss the gym and can't wait to get back in there when my active days come up. I also super love the rest days where I get to just socialize, eat, watch anime and read more! Walk, stretch foam roll chug water. Chugging lots of water is so underrated. It's a great feeling! lol.

I'm so grateful today for still being able to do decline situps and eliptical training. Despite all kinds of weird sports injuries over the years I'm still able to do these which help my stomach look much better. So thanks for that. yep 🙂

Games feel like no problem today, but gotta stay vigilant on all that. I'll send the comp back with mom later this week so it's not just in the hallway closet with me. That's not good. I find that temptation is best far far out of arms reach if I want to stay vigilant.

Om, the other thing is. I feel like temptation for things can be completely gone for me. But then some trigger arises: new friends are pushing me to game with them. Or I see or talk with really attractive girls and it makes me get very aroused. That's when the poop has hit the fan. And all the recovery all the little actions and abstinences add up to spiraling out of control. Or engaging ninja grit and riding out the urges. So it's basically like 3-6 months of zero temptation building up discipline. And one random moment in time happens and it's like a level 9/10 temptation that needs to be resisted with all my might.

So gotta just stay in shape in and out of season. Never know when I'll have to battle temptation. For me this means no staring at girls, keeping gaming equipment out of my home, no swearing, no substances. Keep doing my routines for exercise and spiritual practice. That's about all it takes. hehehe it's easier done than said!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TheNewMe2.0 said:

Fat loss and muscle gain come slow so I'll try to keep at it. It'd be cool to tryout the fancy habit trackers I see everyone having on here. I do it all with not much more than memory. I have a good memory though and that seems to help it stay sharp. Of course tracking would be more accurate. My memory doth not beat a computers.

I like habit trackers because it feels more motivating when I can see my progress visually. Although I'm only tracking three things in my Game Quitters journal, I track a whole bunch of things on TickTick. I recommend it, for things that are a clear yes/no, at least. Here are my night habits to give you an idea of the visuals:

image.png.199a3e2ced12a38d5a44afa0c1f053b0.png

For your journal here, it really depends on what you think will help you with your goals and who you want to be. There's no need to do something just because other people do it!

2 hours ago, TheNewMe2.0 said:

Yea so I'm thinking instead of gym I'll use my apartment gym tonight. Even though I don't like it as much....yea forget it I'll just go to my main gym. The elipticals are calling my name 😛

How come you don't like the apartment gym?

Edited by Vee
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, TheNewMe2.0 said:

Hahaha, I wish I had more time and energy to enthusiastically flex all the time. I'm too old for that now. 😛

I don't even know about counting calories, but that's awesome you listed those ratios out very interesting. Also dang 5 meals with 6 veggie servings a day. That's serious. Probably so healthy though.

Your description of the daily hurdle is so accurate for gaming addiction. Phew glad I'm out of it. Good luck in your passion pursuit! Seems like it would be a good fit for you either way. I wonder if you'd get bored of the gym or food? Probably not after you got used to it. I always wanted to be a personal trainer, but being a therapist just kind of fell into place for me and I love it so it's all good 🙂

We're in fall and I'm into dressing up as anime characters *ahem* shirtless if I can look good enough for it. So like that means everyone's dressing up at the end of this month for a party. And I just want to look my leanest for it. Todays my first day getting serious about the food plan. I'm like hunting for brown rice, whole wheat bread and zero sugar whenever I eat out. It makes me happy to be striving for something.

It's literally also been all whole-grains and eggs/canned mackerel with 1 vegetable-only meal, and either a protein shake or just another protein-dense food (like tofu) if it wasn't a gym day. But I have two mental health diagnoses under my belt, which on the plus side, usually means I enjoy routine and experience each 'average' day differently than the last.

Going jogging while shirtless was always something I considered expanding my comfort zone with, but haven't done. Yep, calorie counting/'if it fits your macro(nutrient)s (grams of protein/carbohydrates/fats consumed daily or weekly) was what I worked with during my first Summer out of high school, but when I got busy again, I either ate a lot or barely anything. 

I don't remember how long I stuck with a diet before excluding another 500 calories, but I think it was 3-4 weeks that season.

Edited by wheatbiscuit
  • Like 1
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, TheNewMe2.0 said:

Oh that sounds like a really fun concept. I like how his life is just so isolative and miserable. But then gets solved by getting abducted by aliens. Creative solution. Makes me feel like it's a good metaphor for finding a new group of people to belong to. Or maybe I literally need to get abducted by aliens. *Plans next vacation to Rosewell, NM*.

Yeah that thing is operating at like 10% capacity it probably thinks this is the easy life if it could think.

Yeah I'm gonna make it a fun journey where he builds as a person and understands how to be a friend and what love is. I enjoy those growth stories. Lol don't get abducted by aliens down there. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, TheNewMe2.0 said:

Of course that means getting up an extra 15 minutes earlier per day which is. Challenging. I need to be in bed by 915pm nightly to make that happen. Wish me luck on that lol, I haven't been able to get up earlier than 7am. It's just stayed there.

It is tough. A long time ago, I worked out in the early morning. I don't know why I stopped. It wasn't so bad this morning once I got warmed up.

Your post makes me want to give dumbbell bench press a try. Maybe it'll be easier on the shoulders then a flat bench. What's the reason you prefer it to the barbell bench?

I was doing barbell when I was focusing on strength (5 rep range) but I also have a very hard time activating my chest in barbell. I can do it and know how, but my morphology makes it difficult. I have pectus excavatum (was moderate, now mild) so in order to really stimulate the chest, I require a greater cross over the body. The dumbbells allow me to bring my hands closer together to get this activation. I've made a lot of progress over the years correcting that condition. It still isn't perfect, but surprisingly bones do move. It is much less pronounced these days and most people don't even know I have it, even with my shirt off. I know because I know what I'm looking for, but I will always be like that because no one sees us like we do ourselves.

What country are you in? I'm in the USA. I noticed you know how to do kilogram conversions.

Also in the USA. I just did the kg conversion for those who might read this outside the US. I cheated and used the computer to convert lol.

What was your diet like when you were making your best progress? IE: lots of veggies or tuna?

To be honest, I relied a lot on nuts. They allowed me to fill in the gaps when I needed calories but they were still healthy. Even today I eat a lot of dried edamame and soaked almonds. Other than that, it was healthy foods but whatever I felt like to hit my goals. So fish, chicken, beans, rice, tofu, natto... all kinds of stuff. I like variety, though I have some staples like protein shakes and nuts to help me hit the daily goal if I can't quite get there with my other meals.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Vee said:

I like habit trackers because it feels more motivating when I can see my progress visually. Although I'm only tracking three things in my Game Quitters journal, I track a whole bunch of things on TickTick. I recommend it, for things that are a clear yes/no, at least. Here are my night habits to give you an idea of the visuals:

image.png.199a3e2ced12a38d5a44afa0c1f053b0.png

For your journal here, it really depends on what you think will help you with your goals and who you want to be. There's no need to do something just because other people do it!

How come you don't like the apartment gym?

I'm not much of a habit tracker. Thanks for your support in doing what works for me. I kind of just keep pushing myself to get to bed on time and that's about it hehe. I think anything will work as long as you have a clear goal in mind and track progress in some fashion.

I don't like the apt gym mostly because I feel uncomfortable when people are walking by looking through the glass door at me training. Also it's just a lot smaller with less equipment. I mostly went to the gym last night to use the roman chair to keep my low back healthy. The rest of the stuff is just like getting to do my hobby more fully. Nice job with your habits. I'm trying to get in bed to do my sleep routine by 915pm now.

Sleeping's a challenge heh. What is it that keeps you up at night?

14 hours ago, wheatbiscuit said:

It's literally also been all whole-grains and eggs/canned mackerel with 1 vegetable-only meal, and either a protein shake or just another protein-dense food (like tofu) if it wasn't a gym day. But I have two mental health diagnoses under my belt, which on the plus side, usually means I enjoy routine and experience each 'average' day differently than the last.

Going jogging while shirtless was always something I considered expanding my comfort zone with, but haven't done. Yep, calorie counting/'if it fits your macro(nutrient)s (grams of protein/carbohydrates/fats consumed daily or weekly) was what I worked with during my first Summer out of high school, but when I got busy again, I either ate a lot or barely anything. 

I don't remember how long I stuck with a diet before excluding another 500 calories, but I think it was 3-4 weeks that season.

That's such a serious nutrition plan woah! 😮 And I thought I ate like a monk when I'm cutting. I mean I'm about to eat brown rice sushi and tuna salad sandwich on whole wheat. Or PB and Fruit on whole wheat. Awe crap I already ate my banana woops. Well I mean no wonder you were getting lean and muscular on that diet. There's so little junk food it's all healthy carbs, fat and protein.

This is my first time cycling cutting and bulking inspired by reading through a few fitness books this year. I have to say I'm really enjoying being intense about cutting for just a month right now. I actually love putting the chocolate away and looking to eat as clean as possible every meal. It's because I know it's not permanent. That next month I'll be happily eating pad thai again 😄

Running shirtless could be a lot of fun. I did it before, but I'm really not into running the elliptical is much more conducive to my goals. But if you wanna go for the shirtless jog go for it! You'll get a tan and cardio at the same time, what a deal. Speaking of which I'm gonna hit up the pool just to lay out and tan if I can. How does one get tan in the Fall season anyway?

I guess I could try jogging shirtless on the field near my house. Or even just walking

hey what're your diagnoses? I got two as well

Edited by TheNewMe2.0
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, BooksandTrees said:

Yeah I'm gonna make it a fun journey where he builds as a person and understands how to be a friend and what love is. I enjoy those growth stories. Lol don't get abducted by aliens down there. 

Yea maybe all the aliens aren't as friendly as they are in your book (o_O). I would like to get superpower enhancements via alien technology implants though please.

Love the character development in your story. I really enjoy those books, they make me feel like I'm learning along with the characters

• Like 1

12 hours ago, FDRx7 said:

It is tough. A long time ago, I worked out in the early morning. I don't know why I stopped. It wasn't so bad this morning once I got warmed up.

I was doing barbell when I was focusing on strength (5 rep range) but I also have a very hard time activating my chest in barbell. I can do it and know how, but my morphology makes it difficult. I have pectus excavatum (was moderate, now mild) so in order to really stimulate the chest, I require a greater cross over the body. The dumbbells allow me to bring my hands closer together to get this activation. I've made a lot of progress over the years correcting that condition. It still isn't perfect, but surprisingly bones do move. It is much less pronounced these days and most people don't even know I have it, even with my shirt off. I know because I know what I'm looking for, but I will always be like that because no one sees us like we do ourselves.

Also in the USA. I just did the kg conversion for those who might read this outside the US. I cheated and used the computer to convert lol.

To be honest, I relied a lot on nuts. They allowed me to fill in the gaps when I needed calories but they were still healthy. Even today I eat a lot of dried edamame and soaked almonds. Other than that, it was healthy foods but whatever I felt like to hit my goals. So fish, chicken, beans, rice, tofu, natto... all kinds of stuff. I like variety, though I have some staples like protein shakes and nuts to help me hit the daily goal if I can't quite get there with my other meals.

This is super interesting how db bench works better to activate your chest. I'm glad you found some way to make it work for you and improved the excavatum so much. I've been benching forever and I have to do finger push ups before every set. But, hey it works so maybe just keep it going.

A lot of people do nuts, like Rich Froning eats a lot of peanut butter as a snack. They are healthy sources of macros. I'm usually just drinking milk all the time. I've loved milk since I was a kid and make sure to have a gallon in the fridge at all times 🙂

Yay go USA lol. Good to see your morning routine's working. There was a fire alarm last night or I would've gotten to bed earlier. I got this tonight! Are you training at a gym or home gym?

I find the energy at the gym is way more relaxing in the morning it's the whole reason why I started getting up earlier in the first place. I have insomnia so I have to do a lengthy sleep routine so I think 630am would be the earliest I could possibly get up.

I'm on that lean mean veggies fruit and whole grains diet right now. I kind of like it, but it's also just so, not decadent? Lol. I think I miss strawberry cheesecake, fatty steak and buttered mashed potatoes. What're your comfort foods? 😛

• Like 1

That's such a serious nutrition plan woah! 😮 And I thought I ate like a monk when I'm cutting. I mean I'm about to eat brown rice sushi and tuna salad sandwich on whole wheat. Or PB and Fruit on whole wheat. Awe crap I already ate my banana woops. Well I mean no wonder you were getting lean and muscular on that diet. There's so little junk food it's all healthy carbs, fat and protein.

This is my first time cycling cutting and bulking inspired by reading through a few fitness books this year. I have to say I'm really enjoying being intense about cutting for just a month right now. I actually love putting the chocolate away and looking to eat as clean as possible every meal. It's because I know it's not permanent. That next month I'll be happily eating pad thai again 😄

Running shirtless could be a lot of fun. I did it before, but I'm really not into running the elliptical is much more conducive to my goals. But if you wanna go for the shirtless jog go for it! You'll get a tan and cardio at the same time, what a deal. Speaking of which I'm gonna hit up the pool just to lay out and tan if I can. How does one get tan in the Fall season anyway?

I guess I could try jogging shirtless on the field near my house. Or even just walking

hey what're your diagnoses? I got two as well

- I forgot about the daily unsaturated fats (either avocado, peanut butter or almonds/other nuts - tofu has some too). There's also a high protein(and high dietary fat), low carb bread product here that I put the eggs on.

- Did most of my learning on the internet here, so I looked busy at my computer at home maybe, dunno. Go you 😛 

- It could be just as easy to get a tan in all seasons, I'd believe it of the sun here; more research needed lol

Edited by wheatbiscuit
  • Like 2

On 10/4/2023 at 5:49 PM, wheatbiscuit said:

- I forgot about the daily unsaturated fats (either avocado, peanut butter or almonds/other nuts - tofu has some too). There's also a high protein(and high dietary fat), low carb bread product here that I put the eggs on.

- Did most of my learning on the internet here, so I looked busy at my computer at home maybe, dunno. Go you 😛 

- It could be just as easy to get a tan in all seasons, I'd believe it of the sun here; more research needed lol

Hah that sounds nice. It snows where I live sometimes so being tan year round is not for everyone 🙂

Thank you! I do enjoy learning about wellness. I totally learned so much from youtube too. What was your main source of wisdom on training?

Those are all good things makes me want some avocado. I'm totally gonna make some like chicken tacos this weekend with guac.

Hah I'm back! They reset my password and I'm pretty sure it's working now. May it stay working 🙂

Being locked out a couple days was no fun! Glad to be back posting today

Om, I gave my whole setup back to my mom. Who was happy to see me to get sushi. Man that sushi was incredible. The fatty salmon nigiri especially won me over. Omgosh it was amazing I wanna eat more but it's so fatty. Maybe when I'm bulking I'll go back 😄

That happy hour had 12$ gyu don and 7$ fatty salmon nigiri $4 cali rolls. Yep yep. I liked the salmon skin too but I'd go back and just get a gyu don and a fatty salmon. That should be good.

I don't know if I can really eat all that uch right now and I've 90% decided that I'm gonna stay benching as it just seems to work for me so I shouldn't try something else out probably that could end up hurting me heh

Just tryna be pragmatic and safe about my life now. Stay healthy get healtheir

On 10/3/2023 at 12:06 PM, FDRx7 said:

I used to have rep ranges from somewhere between 6-15 depending on the exercise (i.e., 6-8, 8-10, 10-12, or 12-15) but I've been feeling lately I need more hypertrophy, that the lower rep range isn't fitting my current goals. So right now, everything is somewhere between 10-15 reps. 

This is:

Lower A

4x10-12 Front Squat

4x10-12 Hip Thrust

3x12-15 Lying Leg Curl

3x12-15 Leg Extension

4x12-15 Seated Barbell Calf Raise

2x12-15 Reverse Circle Step (Cable)

4x10-15 Cable Crunch

3x10-15 Cable Leg Raise

Upper A

4x10-12 Dumbbell Bench Press 

4x10-12 Seated Cable Row

3x12-15 Singe-arm Cable Press-around

3x12-15 Close-grip Lat Pulldown

2x12-15 Lateral Raise (Cable)

3x10-12 Tricep Cable Kickback

2x12-15 Reverse Curl (Cable)

2x12-15 Reverse Fly (Cable

2xMax Deficit Pushup

Lower B

4x10-12 Romanian Deadlift

3x12-15 Bulgarian Split Squat

3x12-15 Seated Leg Curl

4x12-15 Cable Calf Raise

4x12-15 Dumbbell Pullover (actually using as a core exercise, believe it or not)

3xMax Ab Wheel Rollouts

2x12-15 Glute Kickbacks

Upper B

4x10-12 Lat Pulldowns (these were pullups but taking a bit of a break from those)

4x10-12 Standing Overhead Barbell Press

3x12-15 Bent Over One Arm Dumbbell Row

4x10-12 Incline Bench Press (Barbell)

3x12-15 Cable Crossover

3x10 Gundill's Shrug (superset, essentially)

4x10-12 Bicep Barbell Curl

3x12-15 Tricep Rope Pushdown

3x12-15 Barbell Shrug

I'm 5'11" (1.8m) 180lbs. (82ish kg) right now. Would like to maybe put on another 20lbs and see how that looks/feels but I don't want to go too crazy. If your muscles become too big, they become form over function and your body is less agile (in my opinion). To me, it's about balance. So, it's fine that it's slow-going. That's how muscle is built anyways. My lowest weight ever was when I was studying abroad in 2014. I weighed about 135lbs. (61 kg). I made the biggest progress when I was eating right, but I've been stuck at my current weight for a long time because I haven't been eating as much. That's something I'm addressing in my daily journal, as I'm beginning to rectify it. But you can see that long term it works. I put on 45lbs. (20ish kg) over the years and could have done more if I paid better attention to my diet since 2020. Not all of that is muscle, but most of it is.

How old are you if you don't mind my asking? This is a a lot of exercises per workout so you must be young or just have good endurance. I'm 35 and if I do as much as 7 exercises in a workout that day I can't be doing any yoga or cardio after usually

• Like 1

I'm 29, about to be 30 soonish. I think eating enough helps. I do think sometimes I could drop a few accessory movements or an extra set here or there, but for the most part it's been working. I do need to be careful of overtraining though and will take time to deload or just a full week off now and then (somewhere after 6-12 weeks of consistent training).

• Like 1

Hah that sounds nice. It snows where I live sometimes so being tan year round is not for everyone 🙂

Thank you! I do enjoy learning about wellness. I totally learned so much from youtube too. What was your main source of wisdom on training?

Those are all good things makes me want some avocado. I'm totally gonna make some like chicken tacos this weekend with guac.

Oh gee, uh, wisdom, yeah. Aside from YouTube, I frequented bodybuilding.com and t-nation (both had humorous articles and posts on their forums). I really mostly felt my way through movements, but what I slowly learnt was to perform them deliberately and proudly, not just for a pump or to lift massively. There were also Scooby1961's videos on YouTube. I thought he was good-natured and harmless (compared to some others).

Getting all nostalgic about those main years of learning. 🥲

Edited by wheatbiscuit
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, wheatbiscuit said:

Scooby1961's videos on YouTube. I thought he was good-natured and harmless (compared to some others).

I didn't watch much of him, but what I did watch was good and I heard many good things about him. I think he stopped making videos, if I recall correctly... 

I've always liked the folks who break it down, make it simple, and get past all the "broscience" (because there's a lot of that out there...)

• Like 2

On 10/6/2023 at 10:29 AM, FDRx7 said:

I'm 29, about to be 30 soonish. I think eating enough helps. I do think sometimes I could drop a few accessory movements or an extra set here or there, but for the most part it's been working. I do need to be careful of overtraining though and will take time to deload or just a full week off now and then (somewhere after 6-12 weeks of consistent training).

Good point with the de load and I'm glad you're doing well stamina wise. I think I tend to go pretty hard at each exercise plus I'm just transitioning from home gym to real gym the past month. So doing 5 is good for me right now and I like having energy for cardio/yoga after too. We got this 😄

Yea I'll have to keep track of de-load weeks. I'd prefer to do it preventative than just being forced to do it cause you're too tired. I'll probably de-load around the first week of November or something. It's a good reminder.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, wheatbiscuit said:

Oh gee, uh, wisdom, yeah. Aside from YouTube, I frequented bodybuilding.com and t-nation (both had humorous articles and posts on their forums). I really mostly felt my way through movements, but what I slowly learnt was to perform them deliberately and proudly, not just for a pump or to lift massively. There were also Scooby1961's videos on YouTube. I thought he was good-natured and harmless (compared to some others).

Getting all nostalgic about those main years of learning. 🥲

Awe that's so awesome. Scooby did have some good videos I saw on just staying healthy. Thanks for the good reminder to just keep things controlled and slow with a good ROM. Are you at that point where you just feel like, you know enough to handle everything for the time being? I'm kind of feeling that way. The phys tp and yoga stuff I do is working well and I feel healthy overall. I kind of just read more or watch more stuff to learn random things. Like just to enjoy learning as the routine's going good. No need to learn new routines or exercises or whatever

Alright after reading t nations disc I urge on cutting and bulking I've realized I should just screw getting lean for now and wear a shirt to the party hehe

Typing on this tablet is hard and slow and h3avy agh 

I'll try to swipe type instead yeah typing on here is hard yeah thanks @FDRx7for the website recs

• Like 1

I'm good on the gaming front indefinitely. I just have to remember to not be getting too absorbed with new friends that encourage me to game with them. Just let them know politely I don't play video games or I don't game. But I can chat with you about your games and support your doing it if it's your thing.

Yeah.

Om, otherwise. I guess that my cutting's not making any crazy progress. Which means I either have to fast, eat less, do cardio or all three. Hehe. Yoga doesn't really burn that many calories. But it dramatically increases my mind body connection which allows me to be conscious of when I'm full. Increasing my ability to moderate and eat less when I want to.

I mean my diets been very clean. My SO came back from france with authentic french pastries so I kinda had to eat one haha. That's not something I would've done if she weren't here. I'll maybe have like 5g sugar from those macaron's every 2-3 days till they're gone. Still hoping that Halloween party goes well and all this cutting this month will have been well worth it. 🙂

Inspired by @FDRx7 I'm doing an A/B style upper body workout now so I can reduce exercises per workout while still hitting everything I want to hit. It looks like this:

Upper A:

Bench

SS: Dip, Pull up

Low Cable Row

Curl

Upper B:

SS: Dip, Pull up

Seated db press

SS: curl, skull crusher

Lower's the same both days just goblet squat db lunge db calf raise weighted back ext and plank. The planks have amazingly helped my core get way stronger and better. So I'm glad I met that PT who told me to swap sit up for plank. ❤️

Ugh I feel this routine's finally good and I'm thankful for it coming together. phew S2 Gratitude all around pew pew ❤️

I weighed in at 175lbs today which I think is just because the LAF scale's 5lbs lighter than my home scale. I wonder which one's more accurate but it's fine I'll just keep using the LAF scale till I get my home scale back later. Then I can compare.

I'm hoping I can stay at 175lbs during this cutting cycle. Because losing muscle sucks hahaha. I'm getting stronger on all my lifts steadily so I figure I should be able to maintain at 175 lbs and actually do some minor lean bulking. Definitely will need cardio on tuesday saturday next week with my calorie restriction to make my goal happen. 7-9% bodyfat by Oct 31st.

• Like 1

I wish I had more energy. I just tend to get tired and recluse often. Most activities involving exposure to other people will tire me out and make me mad or stressed.

Maybe it's my freeze trauma response causing me to feel unsafe around others. Reclusing and looking for connection in the safety of online relationships where I can run away easily. YEah maybe that's it. Maybe the solution is to just work with it. Drop in on meetups where I can very easily disappear to another meetup. Keep my distance from people I have to see normally in real life 🙂  I mean aside from my partner of course or other people who're in the inner circle. They need regular interaction.

What I'm saying is I wanna cancel my hangout with my dentist. I'm in that fight or flight response mode right now wanting to run away from our hangout scheduled this Saturday. Very scary stuff. Ahhhhhhh 0_0 Okay I'll give it a try. But I'm pretty sure this isn't gonna go well for me and I'll end up feeling very tired and I should just cancel it now. Forget it. The last two hangs I did with people I felt the same way and it didn't go well and I was exhausted and eventually just stopped hanging with them anyways while having a good two weeks to recover from how draining that was for me. I mean maybe this persons fine as my dentist I don't know maybe I should just bail I'm scared .

Also having two journals is different not sure if I'm into it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheNewMe2.0 said:

The last two hangs I did with people I felt the same way and it didn't go well and I was exhausted and eventually just stopped hanging with them anyways while having a good two weeks to recover from how draining that was for me.

Do you think it's hanging out with people in general? Or perhaps not hanging out with the right people? I have some friends who really energize me when I see them, but there are some others in the past who I would feel drained after seeing them. The right people can make a difference. Still, even after seeing energizing friends, I have a point where I'm tired and done. We all have our limit before we need to recharge individually.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, FDRx7 said:

Do you think it's hanging out with people in general? Or perhaps not hanging out with the right people? I have some friends who really energize me when I see them, but there are some others in the past who I would feel drained after seeing them. The right people can make a difference. Still, even after seeing energizing friends, I have a point where I'm tired and done. We all have our limit before we need to recharge individually.

I agree with this. I find that I can hang out with quiet people and doing activities with them and I'm fine. If I hang out with someone new and it's just talking, I need a nap after it.

• Like 1