NEW PODCAST: 3 Months of Solo Travel - Did It Change My Life? (spoilers, yes)

Sign in to follow this  
SpiNips

My Journal - SpiNips

Hello!

The past two weeks have been fun. I've exercised a lot and had a good time with my friends. Today I've read, written and celebrated my friend's birthday. It was great to see people that are important and dear. It was also cool to go through everything that happened in Europe last summer.

I think I'm going through a bit similar thoughts as I read from @Simon E's journal today. Even though gaming is, at this moment, quite far behind I still feel like writing about one's quest in life and reading others' stories somehow helps. Maybe I should look for a company like this in the "real world" as well. Well there is time to think about this and other ideas --for now good night everybody!

Today I'm grateful for:

• Seeing dear friends
  • Having a punching bag home, helps to express some feelings :P
  • Last summer's travels
  • a Great Turkish barber
  • Accumulating wisdom and experience
  • Finding new books to read, If you've got recommendations I'd love to hear them

Glad to hear someone recognized themselves in my words, so I'm not just a voice in an empty space ;) 

I read "Deep Work" by Cal Newport and "Peak" by Anders K. Ericsson this summer, and I would recommend both if you're anything like me (hellbent on improving and being as efficient as possible; especially in regards to creative and academic ventures.) 

Also, I'm slightly (tremendously) jealous of you having a punching bag. There's some feelings *cough* that could use being expressed. :P 

• Like 1

Yeah I liked deep work. An other book I read lately which isn't about selfdevelopment but really interesting is "The soul of a new machine". It tells the story of the development of a "micro"-computer and the people working on it. It is really well written too.