Will you join me in building a well in Tanzania? Learn More (5 days left!)

KevinV1990's Journal

53 posts in this topic

Posted

May 2, 2017 - 54 days without gaming

I haven't been working on myself for the past two days because I decided that I wanted to relax for the weekend. But I went to a safety training at my new job, so I did something. The most important thing is that I'm relaxed. I don't feel any pressure anymore, which is a good thing.

Last Saturday I told about my new ideas for stories. I have been working on them that night, and I really like what I'm writing so far.

2 people like this

Posted

Loved your 50 days update! 

2 people like this

Posted

May 4, 2017 - 56 days without gaming

Damn, I have a headache and I can't seem to get rid of it. Nevertheless, I'm in a great mood today. My favorite football (soccer) club Ajax played a great match yesterday (4-1 victory). Just one more semi-final leg, and we will be playing the final of the Europa League, the first one since 1996. I am also happy because I have the week off next week.

Haven't been doing very much with my goals lately, haven't written very much too, so I really need to step up my game. I'm sure that it will work out, but I need to do the work and no one else. Have to remember that.

Loved your 50 days update! 

Thanks!

2 people like this

Posted

May 6, 2017 - 58 days without gaming

I'm so happy that I will quit my job in two weeks for another one. Almost didn't get my week off next week, because I supposedly didn't have enough vacation days. A bit weird, when I work way more hours than I'm supposed to. Apparently they screwed up the vacation hours of many other people so I'm not the only one, but I didn't give up my free week. Maybe they will charge me a little bit of money when my contract finishes over there, but I really don't care. They just get on my nerves over there, and I just really need this week. If I have to pay €50 to €100 to have that week, then so be it. I really don't care anymore and am looking forward to my new job.

Drew a Zentangle today (https://www.zentangle.com/zentangle-method), and thought that it was a fun thing to do, and also very relaxing. Maybe it will become a new hobby. Who knows? Haven't been working on my book lately, but I really like to write for my site again. And as long as I am writing, I'm feeling good.

Posted

May 7, 2017 - 59 days without gaming

Tomorrow I haven't been playing video games for two months. It's really weird when I'm thinking about it, that it hasn't been very hard. I really have been shifting my attention to other activities, which most of the time are healthier and more useful. And the fun thing is, that I like these activities even more than I used to like gaming. Especially my writing has improved in the last two months. Recently I decided to clean up my site and to go a different way with it, and now I can't stop writing.

Maybe because of that, I just know that everything will work out with my book too. I haven't been working on writing it the last few days, have been working on another story though, but I did work on many other things that will improve my life. That is a good thing. So I will keep on doing what I am doing now, and will keep improving my life.

Posted

May 8, 2017 - 60 days without gaming

I've reached the two-month mark, and have not been gaming for 60 days now. The biggest accomplishment regarding to gaming, is that I've sold many of my games. Last week I sold five PS4 games again and some PS2 games. Every time when I sell some of my games I decide to buy something else with a part of the money. That way I get to see the other things I can do with the money which I would usually spend on games. It is a good way to quickly feel better when you've just sold some of the games you like. See this as my two month anniversary tip.

So, I don't have to work for a whole week now, and it feels good. After that just one more week at my current job before I can start at my new job.

Posted

May 10, 2017

Today should have been my 62nd day without gaming, but I decided to play some matches of FIFA again. You could say that I didn't reach my goal to not play video games anymore, but this has never been my goal. My goal was to set my priorities straight again, and I did that. I've sold many of my PS4 games, got a new job, and I started to write more again (I'm even writing a book now). It's a good thing that I've accomplished these things, and I do think that it will be refreshing to stop gaming for some weeks every ones in a while. So I will be doing that in the future.

1 person likes this

Posted

May 10, 2017

I decided to play some matches of FIFA again.

Be very careful not to lose your efforts. Don't let video games conquer your mind again. I hope you can control game times properly. :)