Question of the week: What are you grateful for?

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Hi, I am grateful for my very supportive family, the realization that it is never too late to change and my surroundings that allows me the time and opportunities for that change.
  3. Splitstep

Gaming -> 1 On 1 Time With God

Day 117 (42|75) (25/04/19) Thursday Went for a walk at Washpen Falls! It was challenging (in a good way), took around 2 1/2 hours and the views including the waterfall were beautiful 😍
  4. Today
  5. Undsoweiter

Time to restart my life again

Day 31 24.04.19 Gratitude journal Today I am grateful for hmotivates work thats motivates me. One amazing thing that happened/I did today 1) reevaluted my needs for the new notebook and decided that this time i will wait, calculte and think during the weekend and then order a new computer Workout/run 3min streching more than 6k steps  Meditation 10min guided meditation in the morning Visualisation none 😞 Daily affirmation my app in the morning is great Reading + taking notes studied for only for 1 hour and did some spanish but read a lot about different notebook modells and their flaws^^ my wake-up time ( changed it from: "Getting to bed before 9pm")  6:35am Weekly Goal(s) start with miracle morning again, study a lot for the next exam (which was moved to the 23.5. so yeah..), reduce my screen time in gerneral, looking for a new laptop/notebook Monthly Goal to study a lot for the following exam, be more grateful for everything in life, find the joy of living in the moment, think hard about my values and what kind of person I want to be, "survive" the miracle morning 1 month challenge! 3 Month Goal getting my degree or getting it nearly done so that at least at the end of July I have it in my hands, having a really productive life, living my life so that I am proud of it What went well today: (0,0) worked 9+hours, tried to fix my notebook again had a relaxing evening What I could have done to make my day better studied more, could have been more productive during commutin and went to bed earlier What I will do differently tomorrow/What I have planned for tomorrow: wake up earlier, go to university, go to sleep earlier, meditate more, do some spanish,  P.S.: My next entries will be in the evening again because it motivates me far more for the next day and gives the day a nice closure so i will look for my old tablet to make it possible.
  6. That's beautiful. Thank you for that. Best of luck in your new healthy life 😊
  7. My car is 15 years old, so I am barely older than it, but from what I've heard, the new cars are garbage anyway 😄 Anyway, here's the things that I am happy about to have in my life: My (ex)girl. She couldn't really point that gaming (and related activities) was the root of my problem, but she had to bear the consequences of it. Logically, she eventually had to break up with me, which sent me into resistance, but eventually I started figuring out the "why" and about a week ago it became crystal clear what the issue was, so I am grateful for her for this. Secondly, she still likes me and she's still showing me her support after I've figured this out, though I can understand she's a bit skeptical, as probably everyone would be after her experience. My mom. She's been very supportive and understanding of my addiction as well. Gaming addiction is sneaky and it turns out that you can still have a job, a relationship and study at the same time, however the negatives are bound to show at some point. This community. I'm not alone on this anymore, the idea and experience sharing here is eye-opening!
  8. Day 24. Thursday. Habits completed counter: 7 I am thankful for the opportunities I have to learn about myself. This period is very strange for me. The space in my mind that was occupied with game related stuff is clearing up slowly but I can already feel my memory of every day stuff is improving. I can feel more connected to my daily tasks. Its like the days are heavier, more dense in my mind. Which is good I think. I am constantly looking for ways to improve my environment, and myself along with it. I am not a gamer
  9. Ikar

Ikar's Diary

I missed reporting in the evening, because for basically the whole day I had a headache. I'm not a fan of painkillers, because then I'm not "sharp". Day 4: In the morning, I worked on the basic outline on school project 1 (building). I made a short school project 2 (presentation). I also prepared for English teaching. My filler activity would be watching YT videos, either TED or GQ. In the afternoon, I went to a job fair and I was able to get two or three interesting propositions and separately got more offers to teach English, I'll look into these today. Then I went to teach English. In the evening, I still had a headache, so I just watched some Simpsons, talked to mom and called it night at about 2000. Despite the fact I had a headache the whole day, I still got all I wanted done, 8/10.
  10. BigOlBeartic

BigOlBeartic's Journal

Day 36 Some stuff: I met with someone from class today to work on an assignment. I've made friends like these this semester, where we meet to work on stuff. This is a huge step up from where I used to be, to now having the courage to ask others if they want to study together. But i still struggle with feelings of loneliness. and i suppose, this will always be a challenge. and guess what, i actually do have some "real friends" too. but i feel very little connection with them and with the world. The intensity of these feelings is less than it used to be though, thanks in a big part to therapy.. However, they are still intense, just to a lesser degree. I guess I should just find consolation in the fact that i feel better than i used to... : / All I can do now is keep pushing. Keep pushing, and keep going.
  11. a place to live, fresh food, receiving an education at a good university
  12. taichi

Journal

I've had this since high school, but my mind often slips into images of me brandishing a sword. The last few days this RPG flashback thing is very noticeable. I think I've always been the type to retreat into my own world, and my former psychiatrist suggested slight Autistic Spectrum Disorder in me. My love for repeating the same thing over and over again could be a useful thing, like how I've been making my family the same delicious chicken curry regularly. Hopefully I will find myself a happy place in this world, and the flashbacks will disappear in time.
  13. Person

A Person's Journal

Day 2/90 A bit of struggle today with the lingering thoughts in my head. It makes me aware of how easy it is to slip into gaming again. But it's a lifestyle now. A lifestyle without games. Things definitely feel discomforting, but I'm sure it will fade in time just like the rest of the community. If you did it, then there's no excuse why I can't as well. Cheers. -edit to answer question of week- What are you grateful for? I am grateful for just being alive. I went through an unsustainable period in my life, but because of certain individuals in my life, whom I am thankful for, I managed to get through it. There was light in the tunnel at the end, just not the one I planned for. Now I am facing another hurdle, which is gaming, but I have a feeling this time around I will be okay.
  14. Person

A Person's Journal

@Ikar, 👊 @dahankus. Thank you for the advice. I'll interpret it as a push towards a different lifestyle. Much appreciated.
  15. Hello everyone, I am new here. Please forgive me if my English isn't so good. I have one concern in games. I currently own a Nintendo Switch which I bought for convenience since I can still play videogames when going on vacation. I was wanting opinions on whether I should sell my Nintendo and save for a 'gaming PC' around the $1000 mark (I don't have a very big budget), I currently have an i5 8th gen laptop but I don't know much about PC's because I am not a 'serious' gamer, I am more casual. I was thinking of getting a friend to help me build a PC since I am told you can build a more reliable and much cheaper PC if you build one. I am thinking of changing because I want all of the "3rd party" games like Apex Legends and Anthem, Etc. I have PC friends so they recommend getting a PC because you don't have to pay for PS+ (I had a PS3 so this would be a new thing for me since I didn't need it on PS3) and they are more flexible to program... etc. I am all confused an not sure as to whether I should change from Switch to PC or PS4 (though I heard rumors of a PS5) because I am unhappy with the lack of games on the Switch and it's underpowered majorly. So I came here to ask how I change the platform. And which game should I choose to play? Any advice would be helpful. Thanks in advance. Alexwong
  16. I am grateful for my friends and family, who have supported me in so many little ways. I am grateful for my youth, as I still have a full life ahead and have so much potential. I am also grateful for this community here I just joined today. I make the first step today toward a better life, away from gaming addiction!
  17. seriousjay

Jay's Epic Journey

- Got up mostly on time today! - Didn't allow some unexpected circumstances at work to get me down. - Managed to get out to the gym on my own for the first time in over a week.
  18. sudo

No Regrets

Hello there, This is very strange for me because I have never joined an online forum before (mostly been lurking on Facebook and Reddit but never posted anything). But I figured if I was spending all day gaming and watching Youtube videos -- skipping class and work because of it -- I had a serious problem. I need somewhere I can express my troubles because none of my friends would understand. They would just say I have little self control, since they also game but in moderation. I game obsessively, and I know that I do so because I am scared at my procrastination and not turning in assignments on time. I just would like to say that I want to change. I want to achieve my ideal self, that is, to start running again, lift more, and do well in school and work. I hope by joining this community I will be able to stop compulsively gaming to escape my problems.
  19. Yesterday
  20. Soooo many things to be grateful for, how can I decide which three are worth mentioning?! My database professor, because today, when I was waiting for the exam to start, he joked about having to send me out of the room because I surely wasn't the student he expectet, after receiving a 4 year old photo of mine (that didn't look ANYTHING like me today) and not recognizing me and with this taking away most of my nervousness. Being healthy. After spending the last week mostly in bed, I was reminded once more, that healthiness is probably one of the greatest gifts one can have. Because it makes soooo much more possible. All the people close to me at the moment and those that I still have to meet. @James Good Which part of Asia do you want to move to?
  21. I've been game free for just over 7 months, and the last week has been so hard for me in terms of cravings. I just want to play all the games I used to waste my time on, and the urge is so strong. Apparently, it's my way of trying to escape from the increased workload and pressure I'm facing in my life right now, as gaming was my coping mechanism in the past when things were getting too tough All I can do is keep working, and keep trying as hard as physically possible to not return to gaming. Even if I try to play in moderation, I try to remind myself how TERRIBLE it was the last time I tried. And, all of the hard work I've done over the last 7 months will be wasted. I know the cravings will past. I've beaten it before. So have you. You know you're capable of getting through this, and you know it's not going to be easy. The best thing I can recommend is trying to find some new things to occupy your time with, as you mentioned you're quite bored at the moment. Try to spend more time outside of the house, if possible. Even if you don't want to, the next time you get cravings force yourself to go for a walk. Gaming numbed the satisfaction you get from everything else, and unfortunately, the only way to get your brain back to normal is to work hard at it. But, that doesn't mean you need to work fast. It's a long process. A marathon, not a sprint. At the moment, just focus on not gaming and implementing small, manageable changes in your lifestyle that you'll be able to maintain easily. From there, if you keep that up as much as possible then before you know it you'll be back enjoying the little things in life. I wish you all the best. Remember, the community is always here if you need!
  22. The great thing about this question is that you can be as vague or as specific as you like. If you want to list three words and leave it there, you can. If you'd rather list three things in detail, and talk about how they affect your day-to-day life or how its shaped your journey so far, you're more than welcome to. I want people to feel free to be able to share their stories and ideas. Without further ado, here's a few things I'm grateful for: Friends that are holding me accountable, and helping me grow into a better person. Not too long ago I got rid of a lot of the friend in my life, as I was focusing more on myself and my business. I didn't want to be friends with people that were negative, or didn't share the same growth mindset. As a result, I ended up developing relationships with people around the world who elevetae me to be the best I can be every day. My parents. I've had my moments where I've been angry and frustrated at my parents, I think we all have. But, recently, after I lost my job, my house and was heavily in debt they were there to support me when I needed it most. It gave me a base from which I could build myself up into the person I am today, making money online and living a life that I've dreamt about for years. Cherish the time you have with your parents, you don't know how long they'll be around. Money. Honestly, I've been in situations before both in University and while having a full time job, where I've been completely broke. It sucks, big time. Although I'm not earning as much as I'd like right now, I'm still in a position that lets me not have to worry too much about my finances (I still drive a 17 year old car tho), to the point where I can actually start thinking about the future and where I want to spend it. Spoiler alert, I'm going to go and live in Asia soon, where my money is going to stretch even further. I can't wait! So, let me know what you're grateful for, and try to interact with other people that have commented. Eevn if it's just a small comment of support or recognition, it's hardly a community question of the week if there isn't any community 😉 Peace out.
  23. LordFederickRamsay

Need Advise - 5 Months I've stopped but BIG URGES return to relapse

Thanks for the replies. I managed not to relapse. I'll revert to reading these replies if my cravings ever return (which I'm sure they will). To be honest (although I'm trying to remain optimistic), my cravings at the moment are constant i.e I am experiencing them right now. I think it comes from being bored, unoccupied and living at home where my computer is. @Catherine17 What good things come from gaming?
  24. Mohammad

Mohammad's Journal

Day 53: No gaming good day 🙂
  25. Catherine17

Begin again

Day 3/7 Funny enough, I typed 'day 3/7' and everything was cool, then my mother came in and just ruined everything. Not a big surprise, really. Problems are problems, but I don't see much point in showering me with them when I need some time alone. Like, does she think that I am able to get bajillion euros right here right now? I don't see her point. What did she meant? That I should work more? Well, I'm trying. She isn't helping. By the way, I attended the Student's Conference and came in second. That's cool for a student who did all the work in just 5 days (that's me). I also may have my article published. Sad but true, that turned to be nothing. Probably need to sell a kidney or something to be considered a human-being. I am going to have dinner and then I am heading for the Creative Writing, because I don't want to listen what else should I be paying for. Quick evening update: I regret ever having got back home. I regret ever having spoken to my mother. I wish she hadn't said what she had said. I ended up taking more work, I expected an assignment for a translator, but, wowser, now I need to write an article about academic writing. Real quick. Which means that I probably won't sleep today. Creative writing was also awful. My teacher thought that I didn't want to publish my work and I wanted. I didn't know how to explain it to her.
  26. zeke365

Hide your iPhone apps

Now this trick is only for iPhone and I’m not sure about android. Have you ever looked through the App Store and you see a game with that cloud icon and it’s so tempting to to download it? Well this trick might help you it does not get get rid of your games or apps but makes harder to get to. I wish there was way to do it permanently but this the second best. 1.Go to the App Store 2.Go to your account in the top right hand corner 3.go to purchases 4.then swipe left and select hide 5.Do that to all the apps and games what it does is that it makes it look like you never bought that game or app. It’s no longer in the iPhone and you won’t see the iCloud icon on apps or games you may have been addicted to you. Now if you were to get them back you do these steps 1.Go to App Store 2.Go to your account in the right hand corner. 3.Go to to your account at the top again and type in your password 4.Then go to hidden purchases and that where there stored. I hope this helps someone, tell me your thoughts in the comments below.
  27. fireside

Fireside's Big Fat Journal Forum

Day 16. Hey, hope you all had a good Easter weekend. It's been a couple of days, but I've been going strong. On Monday, I finished my radio training and now am a full-fledged member of the station, My shifts will pick up later in the summer, but for now, all I can do is fill in shifts. I went to the gym Monday, did a little outdoor activity Tuesday, and today I'm headed to the gym later to continue setting up my routine. I've been good about eating better, I still pig out sometimes, but I've been getting a pretty steady schedule of when to eat and what to eat. I can't wait for the summer. I only have a few days left before finals and I cannot wait. This semester has been so boring. I'll get back to posting the pushup deck tomorrow or I'll edit this post later tonight. That's it for now, Catch you tomorrow.
  28. dahankus

George's Singular Entry

Yeah, Cam said the same thing. And it sucks, but that's ok. I still have cravings for a cigarette some times, and it has been over 2 years since I quit. Some times they are quite strong, but that doesn't matter, I am not a smoker anymore. So I will not smoke, the cravings are just noise, a reminder of what I did right, and how strong I can be. It would be interesting to change the perception of cravings, as reminders of strength and success, rather than weakness and dependence. Great to hear that you made it!!
  1. Load more activity