NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Final Relapse

RojoLELE1

Hi All,

I am approaching 30 years old and have been gaming since I can remember.

It was pretty harmless before since as a kid gaming time is confined at weekends at home. Having moved away however, game has taken over major part of my life. I spend so many times playing offline games and DoTA. I feel that gaming has left me with no real friend and made me socially awkward. I am hoping that I can utilize the 1-18 hours gaming a day to do more productive things such as making friend, honing my real life skills and be healthy. Previously I have tried stopping time and time again but always relapsed back to DoTA, especially after accidentally watched new exciting updates. The current relapse has made me gaming hours and hours a day after work for 2 months straight and this made me feel very bad since my performance dropped due to this. I really want to quit for good...

Hopefully this program can help me to finally be free from game addiction.

Let's support each other guys!

kind regards,
Rojo

• Like 2

G'day Rojo!

I can say that gaming most likely directly contributed to you being socially awkward! You haven't given yourself time to work on those subtle social skills which makes conversations and introducing yourself so much easier. I've been there before (and probably am still there), and you've already made the hardest step by acknowledging and being aware of it - now the easy step is practicing or working on it.

I look forward to being a part your journey!

On 10/24/2019 at 4:52 AM, giblets said:

G'day Rojo!

I can say that gaming most likely directly contributed to you being socially awkward! You haven't given yourself time to work on those subtle social skills which makes conversations and introducing yourself so much easier. I've been there before (and probably am still there), and you've already made the hardest step by acknowledging and being aware of it - now the easy step is practicing or working on it.

I look forward to being a part your journey!

There are so many soft skills you pick up during your school years, elementary and high school especially that you don't even realize until you're much older. A LOT of your social development happens during that time-literally years of social interactions every single day.

While we can't go back and replay those years, we do have an advantage as adults that we didn't as kids-awareness and maturity and I've found those two things helped my social growth go pretty quickly. Especially since that improvement was done with great intention and purpose.

Welcome to the forums Rojo!