NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

90 Days: The Journey and Awakening

ModulusX

Day 1 Completed

Day 1 was not that bad but when I got home from work I was itching to play Overwatch so bad especially after my friend came over with his PS4, played Persona 5, and then went on to watch some competitive Overwatch. I made it through though and decided to paint and draw (with a lot of frustration) to ease my mind and made a cool little painting. 

• Like 1

Have you spoken to your friends yet about what you're doing? I'm interested because I'm on day 9 now and I've only told a few very close friends, but I would find it much harder if I had people coming here to game or watch game related streams. You've done amazingly though to get through day one with that level of temptation, congrats!! and good luck going forwards! :)  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ModulusX said:

Day 1 Completed

Day 1 was not that bad but when I got home from work I was itching to play Overwatch so bad especially after my friend came over with his PS4, played Persona 5, and then went on to watch some competitive Overwatch. I made it through though and decided to paint and draw (with a lot of frustration) to ease my mind and made a cool little painting.

What Bugg said can be quite useful for you. Having friends come over is nice, but it might help if you tell them that you would like them to not bring over consoles and video games. If they can respect you, they can respect your decisions. Otherwise, this will become a very tough detox. Just imagine an alcoholic would hang out in a bar, so triggering. May be, you can suggest to your friends that you guys rather play board games, "garden games" or simply stick to conversations. Aside from that, I am glad you found a way to get through it and even managed to produce a little painting.

Day 2 completed

Was at the ER with my friend for part of the day before going home and having the itch to play something. I fought the urge and decided to draw something again but as I'm writing this I'm having a huge game craving: trying to fight it though. Listening to the Audiobook for "Ready Player One" isn't helping at all haha but the book is so good. I hope I can make it through and see the benefits of quitting sooner than later.