KevinV1990's Journal

KevinV1990

May 10, 2017

I decided to play some matches of FIFA again.

Be very careful not to lose your efforts. Don't let video games conquer your mind again. I hope you can control game times properly. :)

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Day 1: Started with writing my book about having a gaming addiction

I am back, and decided to bring this topic back to life. Almost can't believe that it has been almost one year since I have written something for this journal. Much has changed since my 61st day without gaming. Like I said in the journal, I got a new job. I did quit that one very quickly, got a new job which I also quit, and returned to my old job last week. My previous job just got on my nerves, and I was really close to having a burnout. Since I didn't want that to happen, I went back to my old job and asked if I could get my job back. I got it back and with a way better contract. And after some negotiation I already got my salary to raise in this week. My mind has come to ease, I am really calm since the previous week, and everything seems to work out at last. I really feel that I'm in the zone right now.

Back to gaming. On the 62nd day of this journal I started playing some matches of FIFA again. It never was my goal to completely stop with playing video games, since I think that it's a great hobby to have, and I'm sure that I'm strong enough to not fall back in an addiction. So I have been playing video games, but much less than when I started the challenge, and it certainly doesn't get in the way of things that are better for me anymore. Because I'm playing again, I decided to transform this journal to one that is dedicated to me writing a boog about gaming addiction. I finally worked some things out, and I really think that I am on the right track now.

So from now on, I will keep you guys (and girls) in touch about the progress of my book.

On 5/19/2017 at 5:43 PM, Tom2 said:

Be very careful not to lose your efforts. Don't let video games conquer your mind again. I hope you can control game times properly. :)

They certainly don't conquer my mind anymore, because I won't let them. Am way too motivated to make something out of my life right now :) .

Edited by KevinV1990

20 hours ago, Cam Adair said:

Excited to follow along. :)

Glad you're following. :) 

Day 3

1. Made a framework for the book.
    I am always thinking about what is the best way the write a book. Should I plan everything to every little detail, or should I just start writing and don't look back? Now I know that you have to make different plans for different kind of stories/books. A book which is about overcoming a gaming addiction, and about helping others should at least have some kind of framework I think, so I have made one.
  2. Written the first pages of the foreword/introduction.
    It's kinda weird to notice how easy it sometimes is to write. It really seems like the words appear on my screen without doing anything. I think I'm really in the writing flow right now.
  3. Decided to eat and drink less sugar.
    So there is something else that has been bothering me. I'm eating/drinking too much sugar again, a great part of it in the form of energy drinks. I know that my sugar cravings increase when I'm stressed out, which I was during December at my old job. Since I'm not stressed anymore (quite the opposite to be honest), I decided to stop with drinking energy drinks, stop with eating too much sugar, and I decided to start living healthier again. Today I had a severe headache when I got home from work, and that was because I didn't drink my daily energy drink. Have to fight through it, and I know I can do it since I already did it in the past.