Medical Student trying to get out of Procrastination...

Hey guys,

I know gq now for some years, at start I was facing a huge addiction to gaming. I could fix it immediately when I started to do these daily journals. The first 90 days went good. I know many people are suffering from these gaming addictions much, and they relapse over and over again. Since I doubt that these people are ‚weaker‘ than others, I think this addiction is different to everyone. For me gaming was easily fixable, because it wasnt the real problem.

Which leads to why I open this new journal. My problem is the procrastination itself. I am a Medical Student and I have to study much. Even 6 Hours per day lead not to a big success which leads to more procrastionaton. I really want to finish Med School with success thats why I want to change my procrastinating. I do everything most likely something at the PC but It could be anything. 

So my goal is to stop that and start to actually getting my things done. Not just med school, I want to do many things but I tend to be too lazy -> too much PC instead and imaging how it could be instead of starting. 

Tomorrow I want to start with my studying again. Then I want to setup again a 90 days detox plan, filled with activities + learning routine, which I will post here.

I hope gq can help me again to fix this problem now and hopefully forever.

As always I will read postings here(even that I could do for hours instead of learning lmao) to get new ideas how to improve my strategy since many here are having the same problem.

Thanks for reading!

• Like 2

Med student here as well. Have you tried Anki? What's your learning method? Why do you study medicine? dream job? what makes it your dream job? If you don't have one, look for one.

From my own experience: Don't shy away from looking up basic stuff you are unsure about. Learning advanced things becomes much easier that way. Always look up unclear definitions. Medicine studies is mostly about repitition I would say, so try flash cards etc.

Do you know ALI ABDAAL? Former UK Cambridge med student on youtube, heavily focusing on productivity.

34 minutes ago, Marius said:

Med student here as well. Have you tried Anki? What's your learning method? Why do you study medicine? dream job? what makes it your dream job? If you don't have one, look for one.

From my own experience: Don't shy away from looking up basic stuff you are unsure about. Learning advanced things becomes much easier that way. Always look up unclear definitions. Medicine studies is mostly about repitition I would say, so try flash cards etc.

Do you know ALI ABDAAL? Former UK Cambridge med student on youtube, heavily focusing on productivity.

Hi, yea I know Ali and my learn system is basing on his videos(Google Sheet not Anki, but its basicslly the same). I only do repetition all day, I know that medicine is 99% memorizing that stuff.  It does work but I need a lot of time. I cant really say whether I am slow or fast, because some of my ppl in the university are saying they have to learn 8-12 hours daily, others are only on 3 hours etc. But basically I cant keep up my learning routine of 4-6 Hours daily sadly due to procrastination. But I think that procrastination is also coming because the learning is so difficult for me because its so much things to memorize..