NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Taylor's Jorunal

TayBN

Day 3/90 March 22th 2020

I have changed my mind and I will continue to post.

Today, I have changed my mind on what I want to do instead of gaming. Instead of learning Python, I would like to learn Linux/UNIX system administration instead. I find that there is so much to learn, and I find it hard to focus on just one thing. I also find myself just mindless browsing and finding it hard to focus on reading or doing homework.

Edited by TayBN
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, TayBN said:

Day 3/90 March 22th 2020

Today, I have changed my mind on what I want to do instead of gaming. Instead of learning Python, I would like to learn Linux/UNIX system administration instead. I find that there is so much to learn, and I find it hard to focus on just one thing. I also find myself just mindless browsing and finding it hard to focus on reading or doing homework.

Even if you do an hour of programming language that should be good. It's impossible to enjoy a constructive hobby like we enjoy consumable hobbies like gaming, TV, media, etc.

5 hours ago, TayBN said:

Day 3/90 March 22th 2020

Taylor, It often seems overwhelming to think about everything that can be learned. Just focus on one lego brick at a time during a single day or morning/afternoon/evening - one chapter or one aspect of what you want to learn. Take a break and really appreciate each new achievement. Then add the next lego brick.

Day 5/90 March 24th 2020

I have decided to learn web development mainly Php right now instead of Python. Just setting an alarm from 1 hour as helped me alot I compleled more much then if I did it fragmented and in small chucks. Doing this will help me improve my grades and finish my homework when or if school comes back.

Hello and welcome to the forums. I've struggled with reading too, but now am much better thanks to working with the science of breaks: https://open.buffer.com/science-taking-breaks-at-work/. I saw you use an hour then break method. I use the pomodoro 25/5 and the 52/17 break intervals. They've really helped me out a lot to read books and just accomplish whatever. Maybe they'll help you even more than your hour interval because hey, its science.