NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

How do you maintain a positive mindset?

RB1

I've lately been wondering how others maintain a positive mindset during a detox and in general? Is discipline the end-all-be-all to being successful with these detoxes and having a positive mindset, or are these other things people do? I've began seeing a therapist to help me with my mental health and keep me in check, not just for my gaming problems, but just life problems in general, but is there more I can do that doesn't fit in the realm of pure, "discipline" to maintain a healthy state of mind?

What do you all do?

• Like 1

I began quitting after I got sober from pot (used too much for 3 yrs). Over a year and i've never been to 90 but i've come a long way. As of the past months, I rarely game now. I wouldn't consider it my hobby - I don't moderate and I am not quit from it. It's just not on my mind anymore. The urge to game for me got replaced with things that matter so much more to me now. Where I am now - I never would've been able to learn those kinds of skills without trying to discipline myself to stop gaming. I check in here every now and then because I love the support and community here. It's a great place to self improve.

I have learned there is more to it than just discipline alone. So I won't go into detail about discipline. There's a great joy to be had within yourself. I think that you really do need to reach in deep and figure out what you want in life right now. A great place I found turned out to be looking at my regrets. Regrets last forever. Some regrets have a choice though and we can change them. Others can't be changed and should be let go of (Meditation helped me with those). It's scary to think that if you're gonna die, you're going to have regrets. All because you didn't have the courage or whatever else to do those things. I think those are the things we should be chasing and taking care of. Discipline is just needed to keep a balance imo.

If you've made mistakes - learn from them. How can you change to make sure it doesn't happen again. If you've been rejected - you become stronger because of it. Embrace failure imho. As long as you try and gave it a go to do whatever it is you wanted to do. What regrets do you have (or might have)? Can you change them? I'd seriously give it a go. The positive mindset to me is about learning from whatever negativity you have.

As of recently I came up with a (short term) life plan. I never wrote it down, it's just things I know I will do and it's my absolute driving force for being disciplined. Get a job while I get my diploma and then focus on moving out (I'm 20 btw). At the same time I wanna change some regrets I have. I'm gonna try reconnect with an old close friend (I met their mother one day and they told me "Life's too short") and i'm going to tell someone I like them (I accidentally rejected them cause I was high and stupid). This all started when I saw that person I liked a few weeks ago and didn't say hello. I had a flood of regret again and realised that it's the most powerful thing to have to struggle with. I decided I have to change. Since then - discipline has been too easy. I stay positive by being realistic and honest to myself. I expect to get rejected when I do what I do. But i'm positive because i'll come out as a better person because I shed some regret in the process.

• Like 1

For me your mindset is a direct reflection of how you think about yourself. There are some easy ways to improve that: practice personal hygiene, wear nice clothes, walk around with a smile on your face, hang out with other positive people, listen to positive music...

Other things you can do that will help you if you consistently practice them: meditation, gratitude, self-love, self-compassion (reframing negative thoughts, ie. "I suck at x" turns into "One day I'll become really good at x")

One important thing to remember is that if you're not that positive right now, it's not likely to change overnight. It's something you've really gotta work hard at to see results. However in my opinion everything begins with your mindset so it's extremely important to cultivate as much positivity as you can.

Best of luck!

• Like 1