Sign in to follow this  
Ambassador

A journal, through and through

14 hours ago, James Good said:

The Complete Poetry Works of A. M. Bassador

HA! That gave me a good laughter, thank you! Well, who knows! I have little stomach to practice law, but I still need to eat...

And, hey, English isn't dumb, it just need a good spelling reform, I guess. Funny how it managed to go without any major one.

Thank you for your support, @James Good!

Cracking fingers

Today I relaxed a lot about my thesis, and shouldn't do it again so soon. I spend the whole day looking into freelancer platforms and working on some artistic texts. I can't afford to lose focus like that again, my main priority isn't to go after the Nobel on literature, is to write my damn thesis!

At least the flu is almost over, no major coughing crisis today, only minor events. Finally.

GF came, we watched Chernobyl together, mostly, as she falls asleep sometimes. I think the liquidators will get her hooked, next time.

As promised, I'll show the work I did yesterday. Here it is:

Spoiler

860302635_chessonnet-superreduced.thumb.jpg.1aa743fec18c33b9abd2e196751f3f89.jpg

I'm particularly proud of the pic, but the sonnet isn't too shabby. What do you think?

Onward and proud-ish.

Edited by Ambassador
  • Like 4

Absolute poetry rhymes absolutely

No joke. Well, half-joking, maybe. Thing is: for my thesis I write mostly about politics. Otherwise I write some verses here and there. And it seems to be working pretty well for me, as a way to balance things out. Today I finished sorting my sources out. I have a huge spreadsheet with links and titles to refer too whenever I need them, and any new one can go directly there. No more 1000 tabs open, slowing down the browser, no more "where did I put that bookmark?". Now I'll focus my efforts on writing the damn thesis, once and for all!

Whenever I'm not at it, though... creative writing. And maybe some photography, but nothing too fancy. I set up a gig on Fiverr to sell poetry hoping to earn some extra buck, but I have low expectations about it since I have no means to promote it. Matters not. Whatever comes, I'll take. If nothing comes, I'll write for myself. Just because I can.

Onward, word by word!

• Like 1

A little sad for someone I never met

Didn't do much on my thesis today. I should rectify this tomorrow. Did some poetry, at the very least.

On the news today was a girl called Noa Pothoven. Really sad story, and for many reasons. Can't even begin to fathom what kind of pain could led someone so young to have her assisted suicide approved by family and medics.

Will keep it short. Going to meditate on life and plan what I'm going to do tomorrow.

Still onward.

• Like 1

Plans needed

I did not plan my day yesterday. Resulting of this, I didn't do anything productive today, except for writing poetry, which is fine but doesn't advance any of my long term goals. THIS. NEEDS. TO. CHANGE.

Tomorrow, my day will start with a revision of my thesis' project, followed by some related reading and note taking. Late morning will see me doing some French lessons. Afternoon will be about writing my thesis all along. Only after 17h is that I'm allowed to browse news and write anything unrelated to my thesis.

I have a plan and I follow it through. That's what I am, now. That's what I do.

REVISION

READING

FRENCH

WRITING THESIS

Onward and determined.

• Like 1

Plans work, keep planning

Time is relentless. Whether or not you accomplish your goals, it will never stop. If you are not getting the results you want, you must act upon whatever you have control over and try to change things. People will constantly try to get some of your time to themselves and, if there's a choice for you, you must decide if it's worth to give it away.

Half of my objectives for the day were completed. Did the revision, which took me more time than I anticipated it would, did French, wrote a little bit. Didn't to the reading and note taking, which is postponed for tomorrow morning. Tomorrow afternoon will see me going out with GF, she wants to go to a traditional festival we have this time of the year. I'm not fond of that festival, but she is important to me and it's for her that I'm going, and I'm going to be a pleasant company. To compensate, I'll wake up earlier to do more stuff in the morning. Will also do some more French late morning.

Also did some poetry today, although the result didn't quite please me. It's Ok, the streak is good for itself, although I'm not worried about it, as keeping it isn't even an objective of mine. I keep writing everyday as an exercise and a hobby. Of course, some days are better than others. And, as a bonus, I think I'm getting better at editing images. Petty edition on paint.net, yes, but it's something I never thought I would enjoy as much as I am.

Tomorrow:

READING + NOTES

FRENCH

HAVE FUN WITH GF

Onward and content.

• Like 2

Sometimes plans go out of the window, but that's Ok, keep planning

Woke up not as early as I would have liked. Still managed to work quite a bit in the morning, but forgot to take French lessons. Did reading, did very useful notes. Had lots of fun with GF, although not at the festival, cause rain didn't let us go. Funny thing is that the rain poured heavily while I went to her home grab her. We decided not to go to the festival because it's open air, so we came to my place, all under the storm. After we got here, though, it didn't take long for the rain to stop. Well, I already had set up something for us to watch. Whatever. It was fun all the same. We'll go next weekend, it's a whole month of festivities.

Tomorrow morning I'll help mum make a pie. Then I'll keep my reading + notes program, and do some French. Evening will be GF's.

MUM

READING + NOTES

FRENCH

GF

Onward, with plans.

• Like 1

Quick entry

Didn't work on my thesis today, but I'm not too upset by it. Should have done French, though. Didn't. Had minor setbacks, but tomorrow there's no excuse. At the very least, the pie ended up amazing. And GF and I had a lot of fun together.

Tomorrow:

READING + NOTES

FRENCH

WRITING

Onward.

Stuck

Didn't do reading and notes, neither did I write my thesis. Dammit. I made a twitter account with the intent of posting poetry, but it has been eating my time away. I feel I'm a bit stuck right now. I need to refocus. I want to keep writing other stuff, but I need to establish a bare minimum number of hours each day that I'll dedicate to my thesis alone. And I need to wake up earlier to make the most of the morning.

At the very least I did French. Also wrote a poem I'm kinda proud of.

Spoiler

you.thumb.png.dbc7af86773bb65729d50aad46a834e5.png

My country doesn't celebrate Valentine day at February 14, instead it's June 12. So, This week I'll be writing exclusively about it. And I need to make something special that I'll print and give to my GF. Problem is: I'm not as inspired as I was being last week. I really need to refocus.

Sideways and stuck.

• Like 2

Unstucking

Didn't do any work on my thesis. Again. Did French, did good poetry. But the thesis should be prioritized. Yet, I see myself procrastinating all day long. It can't be like that for much more time. Bu how do I unstuck myself from this mud valley of "not feeling like it"? I need to look back to my most deep values, I need to clarify my objectives. there's something not quite right about it. I should be working quite happily, I really like the subject, I enjoy the readings, I have no problem writing... what the heck is wrong? Can't tell, for the life of me...

Tomorrow I'll probably not work much, either. Valentine's day, here, I'll spend a lot of time planning my date with GF. It's gonna be fine, it's justified. But the day after tomorrow should see me back on track.

Still sideways.

• Like 1

Quick entry

Just to not skip a day. Really tired. Did some reading, but no notes and din't write. But had a great time with GF, and I'm totally fine with it.

Tomorrow I'm back to my normal schedule.

Onward!

Quick entry 2, the return

Did some reading, actually some extensive reading, but no notes. Did French. Had two birthday parties to attend. My head aches. Need to sleep.

Friends want to hang out tomorrow. Long time no see type of thing. Problem is, gaming is likely to be involved. I'll resist. I had good talent to give excuses to game more, I probably will find some good excuse to not game.

Onward.

• Like 1

Missed two entries

Friday I did some French and some reading. I went to hang out with my friends, we ended up at a bar, got some beers and chatted a lot. Got home something like 3 AM, so I didn't write here.

Saturday I spent the day with my GF, since she was going to travel Sunday morning to take the entry test for her master's degree. I did French but nothing else. Ended up sleeping early because I had to take GF to the airport at 4 AM, so I also didn't write here.

Today I did French, read and wrote some things, but nothing relevant.

I feel physically exhausted after those intense days, waking up early and sleeping really late, but I'm also relaxed. I hope I can compensate tomorrow for the lack of major work these days.

Onward.