NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Howdy all!

Hello all,

I am amazed I am doing this. I need to be here. I fought addiction before, but this one is like trying to point the gun at an old friend. It is so hard to say I am addicted, but I know I am. When I was younger it was easier since all I had to do is make everyone happy at work and pay the bills. People leave me alone and I can be left in my own world. By God's grace he pulled me out of the gutter I put myself in, and I am blessed with my lovely wife. I had to learn how to balance my responsibilities and my 'down' time. Make everyone happy and I can be left alone. Now I am approaching 40 and I just can't see myself keep going like this. Never getting enough sleep, always feeling like I been ran over. 

I tried to quit gaming before. About the longest I went was 30 days, kept myself busy doing tech work. Eventually I get so bored that I try one small game, then it opens the door to needing to play something bigger. Much like a gateway drug. I am gearing up for another attempt, but I want to do my research. I really like what Cam and this community has done here. So I figured I join up before I wage war and get connected. God knows I will need help. 

My name is James and thanks for having me here. I hope to learn and find a way to finally break free from my addiction. 

• Like 1

Hi @James S. welcome to the forum and the game quitters community were glad to have you here. Hope you break you gaming addiction. If you need any help or have any question please feel free to ask and we will be happy to help you. I wish you good luck breaking your addiction.

• Like 1

Boredom is an interesting frame of mind. Life isn't boring - there is so many things to do, from the productive to the relaxing/meditative, but rather if you want tasks or enjoying to fall into your lap, then when it doesn't happen you think life is "boring". I have found the less and less I use technology the less boring I have found life - there is such a great feeling from just being in the moment.

12 hours ago, giblets said:

Boredom is an interesting frame of mind. Life isn't boring - there is so many things to do, from the productive to the relaxing/meditative, but rather if you want tasks or enjoying to fall into your lap, then when it doesn't happen you think life is "boring". I have found the less and less I use technology the less boring I have found life - there is such a great feeling from just being in the moment.

Back when I attempted to break free from games. I didn't have half of the information as I do now. I didn't realize I was facing off with my brain wired to seek only games and numb to other things around me. I wanted to be that person who enjoys the small stuff, doing basic chores, prep up for the work week. cook my own crazy concoctions. I would and have 0% motivation. I would keep myself busy with what I am good at, tech projects but you can only do them for so long. This time now I know my enemy more, I am going to be more intentional.

@James S. I totally feel you. I have 31 and also married. Don't let that fucker (gaming) set you back. You deserve to live a better life. I know it's akward to say you are an "addict", but accepting it is the first step to a better life. If I can be of any help, please let me know. Cheers! Paco

• Like 1