NEW VIDEO: I Quit MMOs and THIS Happened

A new adventurer joins the party!

aaaaaa

Greetings!  I'm Bernard and I've gamed since my early teens.  Now I'm 35 and married who still play video games, but wish to quit.

Recently I hit sort of mid-life crisis.  For quite awhile I no longer enjoyed being a Software Engineer.  I was recently promoted to Support Manager.  I thought the new position would be interesting, however I continued to lack motivation and drive.  After some thought, I realized I wanted to work for myself.   I wanted the freedom to do what I want and not be working for someone else.  Strangely this wasn't the first time I had this revelation.

Numerous times before I was dead set in making it on my own.  I would do lots of self-study and started my own projects.  I would sign up to online courses to improve my technical skills.  I would buy ebooks to gain more knowledge.  Sadly every single time, after just a month or so, I would lose motivation with my lack of progress and end up giving up.  I would reason to myself: "Why do I have to stress myself out with all these things during my free time when my 9-5 job was more than sufficient in all of my bills?  My life is pretty good!"

This time though, I felt disappointed with how little I have achieved for myself.  Why couldn't I do what so many have done for themselves?  What made them so different?  Then it dawned on me:  video games.  

My free times is mostly spent playing video games.  Now I realized they served no real propose other than being a distraction to what I really wanted in life.  If only I could swap my habit of playing videos with something more productive, then I can achieve what I ultimately want.  Thus starting my new adventure in life...

*burn-x joins "Game Quitters" party

• Like 3