NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

An introduction.

Yousef B

I'm Yousef B, and I'm a gaming/ internet addict.

How addicted?  Well, if I could summarize each day from the past two months, it would look a little like this:

• Wake up
  • browse reddit
  • watch youtube
  • Classes
  • gaming
  • browse the internet
  • Classes
  • more gaming
  • Homework (usually at the last minute)
  • Even more gaming
  • Got to sleep

To be exact, of the 126 hours of the week in which I'm awake, I spend 20-40% of it gaming/ browsing the internet. :S

But why am I interested in stopping?  Well, to put it briefly, I want to improve myself, but my addiction keeps

getting in the way.  With big responsibilities, like scholarship applications or my steadily dropping grades,

My addiction will only serve to hinder me.  On the other hand, my own aspirations and interests are being

put to the side to play another game on steam while telling myself that I can "do it tomorrow."  To top things

off, I'm also pretty socially awkward and prone to anger issues, but gaming has only furthered my personality flaws,

as I'm always easily frustrated and depressed after playing any multiplayer games in my abundance of "free time".

To be honest, I haven't hit rock bottom.  Far from it in fact, as a majority of my grades are A's, and I know how

to kick into gear when I really have to.  But I feel as if I'm wasting my potential, and a lot of the problems with

myself could be solved if I only took the time to stop gaming or internet surfing and actually confront them.

I can't wait to finally break this old habit and replace it with more life-fulfilling and positive ones!  ^_^

I wish you all the best of luck on your journeys, as I begin to start my own today.

Hi @Yousef B! Welcome to the forum! 

- What's going on here?

1. Journal Section: The main activity of the forums happens here. You can open a thread and write about your journey. Seek support, share interests, read other journals for inspiration and connection.

2. Main Section: Threads relevant to the Game Quitters community and discussion about video game addiction. New content will be announced here. The "Quit Gaming" part.

3. Other Sections: Anything outside video game addiction: Lifestyle, social skills and off-topics. The "Start living a life you're proud of" part. 

- Resources:

The Youtube channel.

Success stories. 

+60 New Hobby Ideas List.

I know that feel bro. I could never understand why I was angry and frustrated all the time when I was playing games too. Took me a long time to work out the reason and become self aware enough to work out how to solve it - by stopping and interacting with people. You get addicted to efficiency and constant action, so when you see people who are all about inaction and taking the long way to do things, you get frustrated with them or look down on them, next thing you know you are depressed because you don't have many friends.

You've made an important step! I look forward to seeing you on the forums.

I know that feel bro. I could never understand why I was angry and frustrated all the time when I was playing games too. Took me a long time to work out the reason and become self aware enough to work out how to solve it - by stopping and interacting with people. You get addicted to efficiency and constant action, so when you see people who are all about inaction and taking the long way to do things, you get frustrated with them or look down on them, next thing you know you are depressed because you don't have many friends.

You've made an important step! I look forward to seeing you on the forums.

Thanks for the support, giblets!  You've pretty much summarized the exact way I felt when dealing with people.  Even friends in my "gaming group" were hard to deal with, as I was always yelling at someone to get to the checkpoint.  I'll do my best to keep you all updated!