NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

My Name is Michael

Michael1617

I'm 24 years old and I want to quit playing video games. I play video games and I get no enjoyment out of them but I just keep playing them, my other problem is I think I'm addicted to gaming news, videos and spend countless hours watching and reading about them which I don't enjoy at all. The games I usually play are the ones with a story but I don't enjoy them and I tell myself hopefully one day I will love one in the future. In my gaming career I have enjoyed 5/39 games. I guess that motivates me to quit gaming as well because I only enjoy 13% of the games I play lol. I only play games on the Xbox One but I just deleted all my games on my hard drive and thinking about selling it for good. I don't play games anywhere else. If you guys can give me advice on what to do that would be great. Thanks.

Hey Michael! Thanks for joining us here!

For your next steps you want to choose new activities. For ideas you can grab 60+ New Hobby Ideas here. Make sure you pick a few different ones (some to do at home when you're tired/bored, some to do that are out of the house and are social) and use an agenda each day to schedule them so you aren't bored... which is when you'll want to game.

Starting a journal can also be great to keep track of your progress and any issues you're running into. :)

My advice is to listen to Cam. It's working for me.

My own advice is to dare to dream big. Think about different awesome things that you would do if you were some sort of super talented or smart person. You will be able accomplish at least some of these things if you really want them! Dreaming big is scary (for me at least), but it's worth it.

• 2 weeks later...

my other problem is I think I'm addicted to gaming news, videos and spend countless hours watching and reading about them which I don't enjoy at all. The games I usually play are the ones with a story but I don't enjoy them and I tell myself hopefully one day I will love one in the future.

This! This is me! For YEARS I was looking for the one perfect game that would satisfy me forever!!!!! Because even after the incredible rush of winning a 1 hour long dota 2 game I thought "There must be more! I want this feeling forever!"

Edited by cordharel

The games I usually play are the ones with a story but I don't enjoy them and I tell myself hopefully one day I will love one in the future.

?Yeah boys and girls, I officially diagnose us with gaming burnout. Better early than late I guess.