NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Journal - Gresa

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is ... amazing.Don't know how he/she did but this is not real-world stuff here :P.

Day 12 - Game Free

Last night,I was browing on an art forum and a guy was talking about how self-discipline is the most important thing there is when it comes about progress.I also got impressed by the phrase that all the information you need is available online for free, what most people are missing is the self-discipline to follow through the learning progress, so they take art classes,sign up on websites,etc, to create some commitment.It's not that I agree with him 100% , but he put me on thoughts.What is the potentional of someone with really really good self - descipline.So I found a book this morning called Self - Discipline in 10 Days by Theodore Bryant, and we'll see if it helps.

Also started reading Sherlock Holmes.

Gn!

Last night,I was browing on an art forum and a guy was talking about how self-discipline is the most important thing there is when it comes about progress.I also got impressed by the phrase that all the information you need is available online for free, what most people are missing is the self-discipline to follow through the learning progress, so they take art classes,sign up on websites,etc, to create some commitment.It's not that I agree with him 100% , but he put me on thoughts.What is the potentional of someone with really really good self - descipline.So I found a book this morning called Self - Discipline in 10 Days by Theodore Bryant, and we'll see if it helps.

Discipline (and consistency) is very important and very underrated. To be "successful" actually is pretty easy, it's just about discipline and consistency. Then let time work wonders.

Really want to work seriously on those things focus,self-control, consistency,discipline.Any suggestions guys?

Day 13 - Game Free

Because I had a lot of freetime,I had planned to do quite a lot,which I didn't.I did spent some worthy time studying on the morning, but wanted to do more.Walked for about 1 hour.At night went out with friends to eat.Didn't draw anything the whole day :( .

Day 14 - Game Free

Two weeks completed.Is it early to say this, but the more days I spend trying to work on myself the more I feel how much more work there is.

Went out for running a little earlier this evening, to my surprise I saw a few guys doing parkour and flips at the park I usually do any exerisces I do.I used to watch parkour and free running videos some years ago but never actually tried to do those things.I'm thinking about going more often and earlier for running , just to start getting around them, perhaps I'll succed to learn a simple flip.Other than that, I spent some time studying , some time drawing.Overall a nice day, could have been better.And we will try to do that tommorow.

DIdn't post any goal list for this week but I had in mind to go for running two times. (running 2/2) - I need to remember this.

Gn!

Edited by Guest

Really want to work seriously on those things focus,self-control, consistency,discipline.Any suggestions guys?

I think focus and self-control are benefiting a lot of training and an "easy" daily way of training them is to do mindfulness meditations(check out headspace).

For commitment the thing which helped me the most was to write all  the reasons why I wanted to do the thing I was committing too(i.e. I want to exercise because it increases my self-esteem, keeps me healthy, makes me feel more in balance and makes me look awesome and feel sexy). Whenever I don't want to do the thing I committed to I read this things again and it helps me a lot with motivation( it makes the motivation internal instead of an external force ). For me personally a streak counter helps too but I think this one is personal preference.

In addition to this be clear on what you want to commit too. Maybe try some things out first. And only when you feel like it fulfils the reasons why you do it commit to it. In my opinion the easiest way to this is to post it here if you are sure you want to do it( and I don't mean you feel obliged to do it but you really want to have the benefits of it).

Struggled with this personally a lot over my detox(not gaming and journalling where the only things I really was consistent). Right now i feel like I can add meditation, daily planning and exercising to the list( around 9days on doing this things consistent). Also check out cam's video about consistency.

Edited by WorkInProgress

Two weeks completed.Is it early to say this, but the more days I spend trying to work on myself the more I feel how much more work there is.

Yep this is part of it because your awareness is expanding. Now the truth is, regardless of whether you're "aware" of it or not, that "amount" of work is there still. It's just now you're aware of it and because of that, you're able to start taking action to improve it. Awareness is the first step to success. :)

Thanks for your answers guys.

Headspace yes I've used the app in the past but gave up like day 5 I believe, maybe it's time to give it a try again.This one I've also found useful,and I'm now commiting to post a goal list tommorow in order to commit to that goal list :P . I've seen Cam's video on consistency (as u suggested in the past), and it has a lot of great informaiton.Now I'll have to be clever enough to apply those informations.

Day 15 - Game Free

This was ... not a good day in terms of productivity at least.Writing here is the last thing I do for today,but the first productive thing I do for today, plus a little reading I did with a simple exercise but that doesn't really count.I spent most of day with friends and that was fun but you know, I could have done things.

Anyway good night guys.

Day 18 - Game Free

An interesting thing happened today.As a gamer I used quite often to make the calls(the strategy of the team,etc etc,you all know) when playing with friends.Today I kind of did the same thing, except in real life.It wasn't like something really important,but still I had to organise a few people and take responsibillity.Which I did and that felt good, it made me just a little bit more confident about doing something similar in the future.It's nice to work within a team enviroment in real life.

About yesterday, I do have to admit I watched a few gaming related videos.Oh boy, they released like a ton of new hearthstone cards and I was really curious to see them.However it wasn't like I really wanted to go back to playing hearthstone.I felt the craving, but once I stopped watching it dissapeared.Hope not to fall on the same trap in the near future though, it feels dangerous.Continued the day at a friend's house, and that was really fun.

I'm also changing my avatar, sorry toothless.

Day 21 - Game Free

Things are not going well those last days.I still remain game free but this is the only thing I'm doing properly.I haven't done any progress in my drawings,and didn't exercise either.Occasionally I will read something but that's not enough.In an other way, I've been bored to death,I even saw pokemon yesterday just to fill in time(which I really liked btw).I need to get back on track.So things I'm (hopefully) changing.

-Go for a "light" run each morning.

-Practice drawing everyday.Once again for a week I'll be posting daily drawings here.

-Video editing.Simple stuff.This I think will work in great "harmony" with running.Go for a run daily, shoot some video footage,edit and repeat.

I recently watched a Ted talk, a guy was talking about how waking up at 04:30 every day helped a lot.He had more time to do things that he cared about.Well for me now it seems impossible to do that.In fact I've never woke up that early on purpose.Maybe 4:30 is too early, maybe I'll try 5:30.Guys what do you think about it?How do I do that?Should I "smoothly" transition or go cold-turkey?

Have a nice day!

@Cam Adair For me I found out that sleeping early is the hard part.Of course waking so early hours isn't easy but if I manage to get enough good sleep then waking isn't that hard.I'll try your technique.Thanks!

Day 23 - Game Free

I saw a documentary on youtube,Vice did on gaming and esports and it was preety interesting.I liked it because it didn't just talk about all the "success" stories and the kids who became millionaires through gaming.But the attention was also in the gaming addiction,how big this problem is for Korea and an unorthodox way they try to deal with it.It's worth for everyone to watchi it imo.

Warning: There was a lot of league of legends footage, but personally it didn't gave me the feeling to play again.

I had a conversation with a friend yesterday about hearthstone,and both yesterday and today I felt like playing a litle bit.But I didn't! :)

Spend some time drawing aswell as reading.I promised to upload a drawing a day for this week, but this one I don't feel like sharing.Tommorow I will sketch something to show to everyone.

Guys at what point do you think someone gets addicted(in a good way) to their job?Is it just a matter of time?I was thinking about that today and decided to ask.

I didn't find any other ways to say this, hope it makes sense.

Have a good night!

Edited by Guest

Day 25 - Game Free

Normal day, found an audio version of the slight edge on youtube.Everyone here is talking about it and I thought to give it a try.Did two sketches instead of one because I missed my drawing task yesterday.
image2.thumb.jpg.c26d2943ff6d53ba9881acbimage1.thumb.jpg.a38aeba8bdb99f5dbf993c8

Both of those are from a book called The Fundamentals of Drawing Landscapes by Barrington Barber.

Edited by Guest

I liked the slight edge and are actually reading it the second time right now. But it was also infuriating for me. It is pretty cliché American dream at some parts. Awesome message though.

Haha take everything with a grain of salt. Take the insights you can from it that resonate and let the rest slide off your shoulder. ;)

Day 32 - Game Free

Haven't posted in a while.Doing ok,today I finally woke up early and it's great,I would like to make this a habbit.The hard part for me as I have mentioned in a previous post is sleeping early, so I listen to one of those mega relaxing things on youtube and jobs done.Played a little with video-making and tried painting digitally (I have a long way with this one) yesterday.

May I make a song suggestion? (https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=85lOZB3WKE0 )

Bye!

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...

Day 41 - Game Free

I'm not posting as much as I used to because I have some problems with the pc and I hate typing long texts with a smartphone (like now).Doing fine, some days are good,some don't.I'm quite busy studying these days and I should until the end of June.I do have tempetations some times to play HS but they come and go.

Have a nice day!

Bye

Day 41 - Game Free

I'm not posting as much as I used to because I have some problems with the pc and I hate typing long texts with a smartphone (like now).Doing fine, some days are good,some don't.I'm quite busy studying these days and I should until the end of June.I do have tempetations some times to play HS but they come and go.

Have a nice day!

Bye

Thanks for sharing :)

Day 48 - Game Free

Got the pc working again, so hopefully I will be updating this more often.

Today there was a blood donation volunteer thing (you understand) at my university and it was nice,not the giving blood part, the social part.I got so impressed about how freakin kind everyone was there.The lady there said today not to do any kind of serious exercise, just to chill and drink a lot of water.Other than that I've not planned anything special for today. I'm gonna spend my time in a studying - browsing loop and then maybe I'll go for a walk with a friend, we'll see.

Things that happened during these days.

I started using the 7min workout app a couple days ago, and I really like it.Also joined habitica, a "game" that helps you track real life activities,habits and rewards you in the process.I'm a little skeptical about it but we'll see how it goes.Had a few serious tempetations to play hearthstone but believe it or not after the game's latest update the app doesn't work for all smartphones(in other words it's bugged),and that saved me :P.I downloaded the thing twice and it didn't work.The force is with me.

Have a great day!

Edited by Guest