So today I want to ask about how to develop communication skills effectively. I always find myself either offending others or summoning a moment of silence after conversing for a long time. These happen between my friends and classmates regularly. I also find others making similar mistakes like me. If you have any suggestions for better talk/chats please leave them here for me. Thanks!

• Like 1
8 hours ago, hemonkey said:

So today I want to ask about how to develop communication skills effectively. I always find myself either offending others or summoning a moment of silence after conversing for a long time. These happen between my friends and classmates regularly. I also find others making similar mistakes like me. If you have any suggestions for better talk/chats please leave them here for me. Thanks!

Can you give some examples of conversations you've had? I can help you out. It's just hard to pinpoint what's wrong if I can't see what is happening.

Very interresting topic.

Since I had the same problems but that will be a long text.
If you want I can write down my own life experience.

It seems you lack empathy, no offense (what I lacked myselve alot when I was younger).

Empathy is the ability to put yourselve in some others place. After you learn that, life will get much easier.

I suggest you try to learn this single skill at first. It is the most easy skill to be learned in a social society.

As for the silent part: Remaining silent is not a bad thing, unless you keep silent all the time.
If you add a sentence like: "Let me think about it" or "I do not know anything about that". It would be a good start to let people know you listened to them and you are not bored by what they say.
It is not a conversations if only one of the participants is talking.

After that you can go on to more advanced topics, for example:
- Reading peoples body language
- Learning what is important to you (in other words your mindset but that's a much more complex topic), becouse it allows you to have conversations about topics that interrest you and seem to be boring to others
- Learning whats in trend right now
- Building up activities you can also share with others (mathematics is a mindes, swimming is an activity everyone is interrested in)
- Learning and building up your social status (being able to repair a car has much values for a society, and if your able you even entertain people while you repair something you can earn money with it)
- Learning psychological topics, like rhetorics, complimenting etc.
- Learning to get teased and being funny about it
- Learning that you did a mistake

Edited by creationlist
  • Like 1