NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Bort’s Game-Quitting Journal

Bort

I’m going to do my best to journal here daily.  Day 1 is hard already.  Constant cravings to game, foggy mind, and serious difficulty concentrating on work.  This is going to be short-term hard but long-term worth it.  

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Bort said:

I’m going to do my best to journal here daily.  Day 1 is hard already.  Constant cravings to game, foggy mind, and serious difficulty concentrating on work.  This is going to be short-term hard but long-term worth it.  

Brain fog went away for me after 2 weeks. You're going to be very tired, but the cravings will give you anxiety and fake energy. Do your best to release energy by walking or exercise. I recommend writing down a list of reasons why you play games, why you want to quit games, and what your triggers are. It helped me quit.

• Like 2

Thanks!  It’s great to get a reply to my first journal post.  I read your story and it’s impressive what you’ve overcome.  I hope I have the same trajectory on the brain fog - 2 weeks I can stumble through but I need to find a way to be mentally sharp and focused at work or I will continue to struggle.  I’m up to module 6 on Respawn and it has been great for me to have something to turn to when I have the urge to game.

You’re right about exercise - I’ve been taking long walks to a park at lunch for about 2 weeks and it helps a lot.  I started that before I quit gaming but I’m hoping it can help get me through the tough stretches ahead. 

I’m in a funny place where I feel incredibly fortunate and grateful to have the finances and ability to do what I need to take care of myself.  That said I know I need to make this change now because if I don’t I will jeopardize my career and will give up all of those things I am grateful for.

Starting Day 2 off right, and here’s to making it to the weekend.  

• Like 1

Day 2 follow-up:  wasn’t able to walk due to the weather today, and I am hitting serious fatigue this afternoon.  But I’ve stayed away from games and done more work than the past few days, so that’s some small progress I suppose.  Thankful it’s almost the weekend. 

• Like 1

Missed journaling on day 3, but it’s because I had a great day!  I was anxious and edgy all day, but I focused the energy into some home projects, some good quality time with my wife and baby daughter, watching some YouTube videos about psychology / gaming that are helping me process what I am going through.  I’m accepting that I’ve failed at a lot of things lately and that I need to take some time to rebuild my values and my confidence in myself.  It is never easy to fit that in but I know that I have to in order to overcome this and live a happy life.  I am very grateful for this program and forum, my family, and sunny days this weekend.  

• Like 1