NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Interesting Article

I think the author makes some good points.  It is true that people who prioritize experiences and free time over money and possessions are happier on average.  So it is easy to fall into the trap of using all of that free time for leisure.  However, you should also spend some of that time setting a good foundation for your future and the person you want to become.  I don't believe that gaming 6 hours a day is really sustainable if you want to have a family or a good social network outside of gaming.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, alphadax said:

I think the author makes some good points.  It is true that people who prioritize experiences and free time over money and possessions are happier on average.  So it is easy to fall into the trap of using all of that free time for leisure.  However, you should also spend some of that time setting a good foundation for your future and the person you want to become.  I don't believe that gaming 6 hours a day is really sustainable if you want to have a family or a good social network outside of gaming.

The thing is, everyone (including the pure "never want to game again" type of people here) would agree that playing video games is way more enjoyable than working. So if work sucks ass, then of course any young man is going to gravitate towards something like video games, I know I would. Because games provide a sense of comfort, stability, and in many cases, camaraderie that they don't get in the real world. And don't even get me started on covid.

Does that mean every young man should just say fuck it and become a full on NEET? No. I'm just saying that there's obviously a valid reason why these young men are choosing video games over work, a valid reason that I don't think a society (specifically, American society) like ours cares to address.

Actions have consequences. When you tell a group of young men they aren't needed, that society would be better off without them. Don't be so shocked and surprised when those same young men decide they don't want to waste their lives working for you, and instead are doing just enough to live their own lives doing what they like. Whether that be video games, playing music, drawing, hiking, whatever.