NEW PODCAST: Dealing with Gaming Nostalgia

Sign in to follow this  
Alexanderle

Interesting Ted Talk

I have seen that it has been mentioned here and then in the forum, but just today via accident, I watched the Ted Talk by Johann Hari called "Everything you think you know about addiction is wrong. I highly recommend it. Some of those ideas I already knew deep inside of me, but I couldn't really forumulate them properly. He did it straight on and everybody, who considers himself to be an addict, should watch this. 🙂

Edited by Alexanderle
  • Like 1

Eye opening, absolutely eye opening! I am grateful you shared this.

Right now, I ask myself the honest question: "What about my life makes it like the rat cage?" 

Edited by Captain_Pilz
  • Like 1

@Captain_Pilz that is a really good question. For me personally, I think it comes down to isolation and loneliness. I had nothing really outside of my appartment and their was always this screen in my room, which would be a little bit like the drug water. I think I spend the last couple of months trying to improve my rat cage if we use that terminology. Maybe you have similar experiences.

Edited by Alexanderle

@Alexanderle

In my experience, having things to do outside of your home really gets you back on track if you had a difficult day.

As for the tweaks at home, maybe even small improvements to the cues you get might be impactful.

Edited by Captain_Pilz