Sign in to follow this  
asquerade

Relapsed after ~3 years

After playing games for 10 hours today, about an hour ago I got a call from my girlfriend, which snapped me out of the game and back into real life. I closed the game, uninstalled steam.
I've dabbled with video games for a few weeks now, trying to game casually. I've been not playing for more than 3 years now went from unhappy to very happy during those years. Lately I've been having a lot of health troubles, which give me anxiety, made me sad and hinder me from things like taking a long hike or going to the gym. That opened up a lot of free time and since I work a lot I wanted to try if I can play 1 hour of games every second day, casually for relaxation purposes. The first weeks went ok, but in the last week I started to go over that maximum I set for myself. So today I'll get back on track and quit cold turkey. I guess casual gaming is not something my brain is capable of doing.

If anyone wants to do an accountability friendship hit me up (preferably my age range 28)

Confession time, I've stopped playing since I posted this but have been watching twitch the last days, which I need to stop today too. I feel very low drive/ motivation right now and i'm not sure if it's because I tried gaming again or if I tried gaming again because of low motivation.