NEW VIDEO: The EASIEST Way to Stop Gaming

Purpose in Life

hsbell

I'm wanting to stop playing video games but every time I want to stop I keep thinking...what am I suppose to do now? Video games is literally all I know. I've spent my whole life playing them. I know there are hobbies, clubs, etc... to do instead. Its just I don't know what I'm passionate about. In the past, I always told myself I would stream video games, make a living doing it, make friends, go to gaming events to socialize and hangout and so on. After having that mindset for so long, it's hard to think of me doing anything else. I work a normal full-time job monday-friday and play video games on my weekend if I don't have anything planned. For me, I don't think it would be hard to quit gaming. The hard part is finding something that I like just as much, to fill that void. That's where I'm at right now.  How do I find my passion? What I'm suppose to do with my life? I want something to put my life and dedication to like I did video games.

• Like 2

Hey! 

We all was on that place. You must find yourself what you want to do and try it. Try check List of hobbies:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_hobbies

My hobbies:

A: Listening to music - Try build audiophile system with accessories

B: Drawing -  I just started

C. Animals - I'm keeping animals: 3 cats, dog, snail, fish, rabbit, hamster and bird. (The whole family is involved)

Edited by Guest

I know the feeling, the feeling of void. I have found my passion to be in health, physical and mental. Nutrition, working on my massaging skills and knowledge of the human body, the knowledge of how our weird brains work etc etc.. Even though I have found it, it is still really hard to go all out for it. It is scary. It is not certain that I will really succeed.. With games I already am really good and there you get the feeling of accomplishment so fast. 

I really can not help you find your thing, but I can give you advice: Try! Try shitloads of things.. Even those that you think at first you would hate. Just try and try. I did not find my passion right away, it was a result of long time of searching and a lot of work. But the feeling grew and sometimes really burst into flames. If you really keep at it, you will find something. ?

• Like 1

Hey hsbell, maybe you can do household chores that you normally don't do. I also think learning and doing something new can excite your mind. I have several hobbies in my bucket list, like writing, drawing, swimming, running, singing, and attending a contest you would like to join (the last one is really not a hobby). If you do need some help or tips, feel free to PM me.

• Like 1